Old Navy T-Shirt F*** Ups

Cujo

Our friends at Old Navy are at it again....

nfl_texnav_cr_400.jpg

This is about the third or forth time they've goofed on a tee. If they are going to manufacture NFL and NCAA team gear, they should at least two minutes of research to insure they get it right.

6uXNWAo.png

I read an article about this on another site earlier today, and someone suggested that it's the start of a new marketing line of imaginary teams winning imaginary championships!

Here are some ideas to start (some not completely imaginary):

Montreal Expos, 1994 World Series Champions

Quebec Nordqiues, 2022 Stanley Cup Champions

Seattle Supersonics, 2016 NBA Champions

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I'm sure it's all done in good fun. I think it's kinda funny.

The teams that lose the World Series and send a bunch of Texas Rangers world champs shirts to El Salvador is one thing, because you need some initial stock in the event they win, but this is just a gag I think.

Keep in mind that this stuff may not be designed by Old Navy. It could be designed by an NFL licensee specifically for Old Navy. Either way, every piece of licensed gear is supposed to go through the NFL for approval...

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I want to know who this third party design house is. Are they farming this out to China, or something? I know Old Navy is cheap, but if these are domestic they are paying non-English speaking immigrants to do this.

Spend a few bucks and avoid these continued embarrassments, which by the way, are costing you money.

I want to know who this third party design house is. Are they farming this out to China, or something? I know Old Navy is cheap, but if these are domestic they are paying non-English speaking immigrants to do this.

Spend a few bucks and avoid these continued embarrassments, which by the way, are costing you money.

I don't know, I feel like I'd buy s 2012 AFC Championship Denver Broncos shirt. You know, just for fun.

Before the took them down I saw one that said Cleveland Browns 1964 NFC Champions.

Sure thing.

cle_1964.png

One thing they got right is that the Cleveland Browns do belong in the NFC!!!

Another F*** up by Art Modell. Moving them to the AFC in 1970.

They should have moved Atlanta, Minnesota and New Orleans to the AFC.

Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh should have been left with the rest of the old school NFL teams that made up the NFC.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

One thing they got right is that the Cleveland Browns do belong in the NFC!!!

Another F*** up by Art Modell. Moving them to the AFC in 1970.

They should have moved Atlanta, Minnesota and New Orleans to the AFC.

Baltimore, Cleveland and Pittsburgh should have been left with the rest of the old school NFL teams that made up the NFC.

Back when the leagues merged in '70, I'm sure Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Baltimore on joining up with all minor league squads of the AFL were like "Ooh ooh! Where do we sign?! The road to the Super Bowl just got a billionty times easier!"

The move worked out for the Colts and Steelers. Can't exactly say the same for the Browns. (Btw, CLEVEJACKED!)

6uXNWAo.png

I remember reading that the plan was for the three former AAFC clubs (Baltimore, Cleveland and San Francisco) to join the AFC, but when Al Davis protested the 49ers moving over, Art Rooney volunteered the Steelers (who'd been perennial NFL bottomfeeders for four decades) thinking they could dominate the AFC for awhile. Hard to argue with the results.

Archived