2013 World Baseball Classic

dabest13

Japan's soccer team wears blue as well. According to Wikipedia:

Japan uses blue and white rather than red and white due to a superstition. In its first major international competition, the 1936 Summer Olympics, Japan used a blue kit in the match against Sweden and Japan won the match by a score of 3-2.

Perhaps other Japanese teams just wanted to keep things consistent and use blue to build a brand and identity for Japanese sports at large.

I'm surprised Japan doesn't use red. Red is a very popular color in Asia. If I remember correctly a couple years ago a Premier League team got an Asian sponsor and considered changing their color from blue to red because it was more popular in Asia.

China wears Red. Japan would never in a million years wear something associated with China.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for nothing, Japan has also won this tournament both times -- in 2006 and 2009 -- so I think navy will stay in the WBC, too. I'm surprised they changed anything, especially the wordmark on only one jersey... and cap. Not a fan of the full wordmark on the cap, but even less of a fan of the mixed wordmarks when they are wearing helmets with the blue jerseys. The old/home wordmark is on it.

Yes, and it was ugly. People were choking players out and punching them in the face, and a Mexico fan behind the Canada dugout threw a beer bottle at Canada's pitching coach's head.

I guess Mexicans did not realize we fight in both our national sports...

Yes, and it was ugly. People were choking players out and punching them in the face, and a Mexico fan behind the Canada dugout threw a beer bottle at Canada's pitching coach's head.

Baseball's not one of our national sports.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Could anybody please explain why some of the countries aren't using their national or flag colors in their uniforms?

Like for example, Japan's colors should be red and white, yet they have blue in their set.

Also, Italy is green, white and red. They have blue in their set.

Would like some clarification here. Thanks.

Italy's teams always wear blue; (see the Soccer team). It's color of the Italian House of Savoy I believe.

6986.gif6975.gif

Ebstus_zps2778c2eb.png

if baseball isn't, then what is

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

Lacrosse is the official summer sport and hockey is the official winter sport.

Video of the fight.

http://www.youtube....5HMGAzA0

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Lacrosse. Really. Baseball trumps lacrosse any day of the week

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

I meant lacrosse and hockey.

Are you 4 years old? No one is comparing anything to each other sports wise, and you're clearly fishing for an argument.

Says the kid whose username is St Louis Cardinals.

spacer.png

Archived