2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The Oregon Ducks are the only NCAA team that changes their football uniforms every year. All

Of the NFL teams decided to stay with the same look except for Seattle. That's why Nike took over the NFL.

So, Nike got the NFL contract not for the exposure and the merchandising potential, but just to destroy teams' established looks and make all teams switch from one crap uniform to another every two years? Wow. I'd probably be classified as a "Nike hater" by many on here, but even I don't think they are that diabolical.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Oregon Ducks are the only NCAA team that changes their football uniforms every year. All

Of the NFL teams decided to stay with the same look except for Seattle. That's why Nike took over the NFL.

So, Nike got the NFL contract not for the exposure and the merchandising potential, but just to destroy teams' established looks and make all teams switch from one crap uniform to another every two years? Wow. I'd probably be classified as a "Nike hater" by many on here, but even I don't think they are that diabolical.

Further, there were minor changes everywhere that helped teams look better in the New Jersey cuts:

-Chiefs shoulders

-Bears shoulders

-Saints unifying their golds

So, I'm with Roman on this.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Further, there were minor changes everywhere that helped teams look better in the New Jersey cuts:

-Chiefs shoulders

-Bears shoulders

Eh... I'd say the Bears maybe look better, the Chiefs look worse, and despite the unified "gold", the Saints look worse due to the khaki pants and toilet-seat collars.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

To all you people who think Nike is just there to ruin every uniform, that is not true at all. I will agree that Nike will often go crazy with ultra-modern uniforms, but I also think they do the traditional team's looks well, too. They are like the joker that knows when it's time for fun, and when it's time to be serious.

And as far as I know, unless the NFL has changed their rule I believe a team can only make substantial design changes to their uniform once every 5 years.

-Chiefs shoulders

-Bears shoulders

Eh... I'd say the Bears maybe look better, the Chiefs look worse, and despite the unified "gold", the Saints look worse due to the khaki pants and toilet-seat collars.

How do the Chiefs look worse?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

-Chiefs shoulders

-Bears shoulders

I liked their look better with the cuff stripes and sleeve numbers. The bigger stripes don't look right to me. Most importantly, they traded the great, bold sleeve font for whispy, shrunken shoulder numbers.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

-Chiefs shoulders

-Bears shoulders

I liked their look better with the cuff stripes and sleeve numbers. The bigger stripes don't look right to me. Most importantly, they traded the great, bold sleeve font for whispy, shrunken shoulder numbers.

I think they look way better, not even close.

Cuff stripes simply don't work. They're maybe visible on the qb cuts but that's it.

The redskins shoulda gone the same route, you really just can't see the stripes and it looks bad IMO.

Why do the Panthers, Cowboys, Doplhins, Buccaneers, Redskins, Eagles, and Chargers wear white all the time? Do they hate the home uniforms?

Redskins in white at home hasn't been done since 2009. It was a Joe Gibbs thing going back to his days as an assistant under Don Coryell in San Diego. When Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen came to town, they decided to go burgundy and gold at home.

And as far as I know, unless the NFL has changed their rule I believe a team can only make substantial design changes to their uniform once every 5 years.

That is correct, but it makes me wonder how the Jags are allowed to change seeing they've only worn their current set for 4 seasons?

Why do the Panthers, Cowboys, Doplhins, Buccaneers, Redskins, Eagles, and Chargers wear white all the time? Do they hate the home uniforms?

Redskins in white at home hasn't been done since 2009. It was a Joe Gibbs thing going back to his days as an assistant under Don Coryell in San Diego. When Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen came to town, they decided to go burgundy and gold at home.

That is correct, but it makes me wonder how the Jags are allowed to change seeing they've only worn their current set for 4 seasons?

5th season in 2013...

35n8r3m.png

Maybe it's the fact of how awful this last set of uniforms were & the fact Khan purchased the team wanting to make wholesale changes to the brand & the franchise it's self. Perhaps they made an exception.

Either way 2013 would make it 5 years. Perhaps they simply base it off that.

Now why are the Lions going to change their logo again ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived