2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Nah, I'm pretty sure a bunch of those concepts were posted on these boards. Also, this is exactly what the media did with those Nike concepts awhile back. The media is stupid when it comes to this stuff. If something like that is released, and people here don't know about it, it's probably fake.

EDIT: Found the link. At least some of these have definitely been posted here before.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all that is holy....I hope not

F1489992.jpg

Ugh Midnight Teal Green overload

That actually isn't terrible. Not the ideal combo for the Eagles, but not a bad look either.

And the Redskins look far better in red pants than in gold.

When held up to the rest of our Uni's I'd agree...I just hope the whole lot of them are scraped though. It goes past just the color green.....the number font, no silver pants, a lot of things that I don't like about them.

Nah, I'm pretty sure a bunch of those concepts were posted on these boards. Also, this is exactly what the media did with those Nike concepts awhile back. The media is stupid when it comes to this stuff. If something like that is released, and people here don't know about it, it's probably fake.

EDIT: Found the link. At least some of these have definitely been posted here before.

http://boards.sports...__fromsearch__1

Hmmm interesting. So is that poster an official Under Armour designer or something?

Jesus. Would a real company like UA make and post concepts using logos that they have no license to use and their biggest competitor does? Not only would it be dumb, it'd be illegal. Seriously, think for a second.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Look guys I'm not trying to be annoying maybe I am but let's forget the negativity and let's try to be nice to everyone so we can get along.

I don't know why it kills you to provide actual links to these "rumors".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Jesus. Would a real company like UA make and post concepts using logos that they have no license to use and their biggest competitor does? Not only would it be dumb, it'd be illegal. Seriously, think for a second.

The majority of the logos used in the concepts are new concept logos or old ones no longer used by the team (Jaguars). They wouldn't need a license to use those. In any case, you are probably correct its just a fanmade concept. I just found it odd that they chose to brand it with Under Armour? What's the point of that?

The majority of the logos used in the concepts are new concept logos or old ones no longer used by the team (Jaguars). They wouldn't need a license to use those. In any case, you are probably correct its just a fanmade concept. I just found it odd that they chose to brand it with Under Armour? What's the point of that?

Probably because the best realistic .psd football uniform template is that Under Armour one.

Because he wanted to try something different than a Nike Template. Check out the Concept forum they are plenty of those type of things.

What has happened to the Board in the last week?

Probably because the best realistic .psd football uniform template is that Under Armour one.

Hmm, where do you get these templates? Forgive me, I am new to these forums.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/53087/mailbag-vikings-changing-uniforms

Mailbag: Vikings changing uniforms?

By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

Suitably braced for impact, I dove back into the mailbag for the first time in a while late last week. I'm glad I did. Amid all the usual bile was a number of notes from Minnesota Vikings fans alerting me to the vast right-wing conspiracy … I mean, message-board discussions about a possible uniform change for the team in 2013.

min.gifAt the top, I'll tell you I have heard the same scuttlebutt but have absolutely no confirmation that anything is in the works. I think it's worth acknowledging the discussion, especially at this time of the year, and I can tell you I've inquired with the appropriate authorities. If and when they get back to me, I'll pass along the response.

As best as I can tell, the rumors began thanks to some smart piecing together of circumstantial evidence. Colin of Minneapolis noted that much of the Vikings' uniform apparel is discounted at NFL.com, along with those of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Miami Dolphins. The Jaguars and Dolphins have both acknowledged they plan to alter their logos this offseason. (The Jaguars have already unveiled their new logo, while the Dolphins are expected to do so in April.)

Meanwhile, Jake of Milwaukee passed along an email exchange with Vikings website writer Mike Wobschall that went like this:

Q: I have heard a lot on Vikings fan websites and blogs that the Vikings may unveil new uniforms and a new logo to replace the Norseman. Have you heard anything? If they do change would you like to see the 70's unis make a comeback?

A: I have heard a lot but I'm not authorized to disclose any of the information at this point. I can tell you that the Norseman is most certainly not being replaced.

The Vikings last changed their uniform in 2006 and have thus passed the NFL's rule that requires five years to pass between uniform changes. (Last year's modifications as part of the switch from Reebox to Nike doesn't count, according to Paul Lukas of the Uni-Watch blog.)

The Vikings have an economic incentive to keep quiet on any change for as long as possible, if for no other reason than to clear the soon-to-be-outdated inventory before introducing the new product. As I recall, the 2006 changes were announced in April of that offseason, shortly before the draft.

Again, I have no confirmation that a change is in the works. I've made clear over the years that the Vikings' "throwback" uniforms, honoring their heyday in the 1970's, are awfully cool, but as of yet I have not been hired as a design consultant.

If nothing else, I wanted to acknowledge that I'm aware that many of you are talking about this. If the Vikings are planning to maintain their current uniforms for 2013, I'm sure they will offer a public statement as such. If they are quiet about it, continued speculation will be warranted.

If they changed I hope they go in a new direction and not revert back to the past, but I do hope they keep the metallic purple as it looks outstanding on the field.

good luck with that

If anything I hope they don't revert back to the helmet being a different shade of purple than the jersey. That was horrible looking.

spacer.png

http://espn.go.com/b...anging-uniforms

Mailbag: Vikings changing uniforms?

By Kevin Seifert | ESPN.com

Suitably braced for impact, I dove back into the mailbag for the first time in a while late last week. I'm glad I did. Amid all the usual bile was a number of notes from Minnesota Vikings fans alerting me to the vast right-wing conspiracy … I mean, message-board discussions about a possible uniform change for the team in 2013.

min.gifAt the top, I'll tell you I have heard the same scuttlebutt but have absolutely no confirmation that anything is in the works. I think it's worth acknowledging the discussion, especially at this time of the year, and I can tell you I've inquired with the appropriate authorities. If and when they get back to me, I'll pass along the response.

As best as I can tell, the rumors began thanks to some smart piecing together of circumstantial evidence. Colin of Minneapolis noted that much of the Vikings' uniform apparel is discounted at NFL.com, along with those of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Miami Dolphins. The Jaguars and Dolphins have both acknowledged they plan to alter their logos this offseason. (The Jaguars have already unveiled their new logo, while the Dolphins are expected to do so in April.)

Meanwhile, Jake of Milwaukee passed along an email exchange with Vikings website writer Mike Wobschall that went like this:

Q: I have heard a lot on Vikings fan websites and blogs that the Vikings may unveil new uniforms and a new logo to replace the Norseman. Have you heard anything? If they do change would you like to see the 70's unis make a comeback?

A: I have heard a lot but I'm not authorized to disclose any of the information at this point. I can tell you that the Norseman is most certainly not being replaced.

The Vikings last changed their uniform in 2006 and have thus passed the NFL's rule that requires five years to pass between uniform changes. (Last year's modifications as part of the switch from Reebox to Nike doesn't count, according to Paul Lukas of the Uni-Watch blog.)

The Vikings have an economic incentive to keep quiet on any change for as long as possible, if for no other reason than to clear the soon-to-be-outdated inventory before introducing the new product. As I recall, the 2006 changes were announced in April of that offseason, shortly before the draft.

Again, I have no confirmation that a change is in the works. I've made clear over the years that the Vikings' "throwback" uniforms, honoring their heyday in the 1970's, are awfully cool, but as of yet I have not been hired as a design consultant.

If nothing else, I wanted to acknowledge that I'm aware that many of you are talking about this. If the Vikings are planning to maintain their current uniforms for 2013, I'm sure they will offer a public statement as such. If they are quiet about it, continued speculation will be warranted.

this is what i was trying to say and now we have found the stuff thank you timberwlovikings :)

Archived