2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A local store has all navy blue Cowboys merchandise 50% off. I'm hoping it means they're standardizing all their blues to royal blue, but it probably means nothing.

That would mean a logo change. Really don't see that happening.

Jack Eskridge, the guy who created the logo used now died today. Maybe that has something to do with it.

A local store has all navy blue Cowboys merchandise 50% off. I'm hoping it means they're standardizing all their blues to royal blue, but it probably means nothing.

Jack Eskridge, the guy who created the logo used now died today. Maybe that has something to do with it.

He created the 5 pointed star? Amazing. Must have known Betsy Ross personally.

It just means that the store owner realized he ordered too much merchandise of a perrennially overhyped, underacheiving team and wants to unload the crap he can't sell. :D

87Redskins.png

Minor correction: He was the original equipment manager and first thought of the Cowboys using a star.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Wuh-oh...I spy a potential alternate logo ripe for reversioning........

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 2/18/2013 at 1:50 PM, GotPixels said:
On 2/17/2013 at 10:27 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Considering the original design had a six point star...

Big difference.

Looks like it also had the same 5-pointed star they have now (as the Spur). That's a star too many so I am glad it did not make it.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Minor correction: He was the original equipment manager and first thought of the Cowboys using a star.

I don't think that's been proven. The news stories mentioned that he added the white outline to the star, not that he created the star or any other elements of the unis. We don't even know if he was responsible for the radical redesign of the unis in 1964, particularly the switch to metallic blue.

The metallic blue was first used to optimize for the B&W tv's of the days. It looked like a closer match to the silver of the helmet, IIRC. I would think that'd be more of a Tex Schramm thing than the equipment guy.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Logo tidbit today from @BenVolinPBP. He says Dolphins are changing Aqua to a more blue color.

"Logo tidbit! I'm told that in addition to updating the logo, the#Dolphins will change the "aqua" color from more greenish to blueish"

"The goal is for the aqua to look blue like the ocean, and the orange ring is orange like the sun. Or something like that"

Archived