New NFL collars are winning on the field

hecticbro

We've been over this before. No flywire for the Texans. Why do people keep arguing they have it? I know it kind of looks similar, but do 5 seconds of research. The Nike site says explicitly that there's no flywire.

People assume they have the flywire because they use the shape of the flywire collars.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my best guess is the Texans wanted the new jersey but didnt like the flywire. or (and im not sure if this is right, but) it seems if you want a jersey with a different color collar you automatically get the toilet-seat. if that true, they probably wanted a solid collar and the solution there was to ditch the flywire

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

If you actually believe that a new collar is fully responsible for the win/loss records of teams, then I'm not sure what to say. Also, not sure what you're talking about the Lions, they fully implemented the Elite 51 tech with Flywire. And those 5-0 Falcons! What with their vintage 2011 technology...they sure must be working overtime to overcome their severe disadvantage!

It's no sillier than arguing the Orioles' success is related to their return to the cartoon bird or the Rays' recent run is related to their switch to navy/columbia/white. Whatever. I'm OCD enough that I look for patterns in everything even though I know full-well that A doesn't always cause B.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

But nobody is actually saying either of those. Except as a joke.

The topic might not be so ridiculed if the original poster hasn't gotten some basic facts wrong, and hadn't said:

Clearly, there is a correlation. But why? I don't understand what those godawful things actually do, but I can't argue with results.

my best guess is the Texans wanted the new jersey but didnt like the flywire. or (and im not sure if this is right, but) it seems if you want a jersey with a different color collar you automatically get the toilet-seat. if that true, they probably wanted a solid collar and the solution there was to ditch the flywire

The Patriots stuck with their same elastic two-color collar. The Texans could have requested one in red if they wanted.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Patriots stuck with their same elastic two-color collar. The Texans could have requested one in red if they wanted.

yea thats an interesting combination too. i have to guess the Texans just liked that look

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'm not a big fan of the flywire collar because they're so thick and especially the way it cuts off. But it also doesn't bother me that much. It's just whatever.

I continued to be bothered by teams like the Packers refusing to use the technology tho. They could have absolutely kept their exact same uniform design and been outfitted in better technology, and they pretended they were somehow too sacred to move from Reebok's 2nd best technology to Nike's best.

It's just silly, and a bit stuffy.

But nobody is actually saying either of those. Except as a joke.

The topic might not be so ridiculed if the original poster hasn't gotten some basic facts wrong, and hadn't said:

Clearly, there is a correlation. But why? I don't understand what those godawful things actually do, but I can't argue with results.

As we know, correlation does not imply causation.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm sure they just didn't like the shininess. Because i know tcu uses a similar template and they have colored fly wire collars. I actually think I like the texans look better this year, it might be because of the success but I think all the elements look a bit bolder. The collar looks just fine on JJ watt ;)

screenshot20121012at255.png

and 2010 . . .

screenshot20121012at258.png

Maybe it's just me, but I look at the new jersey and all I see is much more space to slide a hand in and grab onto something, which, according to an earlier post, is something this technology is meant to make more difficult.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm not a big fan of the flywire collar because they're so thick and especially the way it cuts off. But it also doesn't bother me that much. It's just whatever.

I continued to be bothered by teams like the Packers refusing to use the technology tho. They could have absolutely kept their exact same uniform design and been outfitted in better technology, and they pretended they were somehow too sacred to move from Reebok's 2nd best technology to Nike's best.

It's just silly, and a bit stuffy.

I'm gonna assume you're being sarcastic.

Aha! So this was an ingenious theory after all. Maybe my initial conclusion was based on incomplete information, but it led to a very significant discovery - huge collars WITHOUT flywire are the optimal construction for on-field success, as demonstrated by the improbably unbeatable Texans. If Houston wins the Super Bowl, how likely is it that their innovation will spread like wildfire across the football landscape?

Aha! So this was an ingenious theory after all. Maybe my initial conclusion was based on incomplete information, but it led to a very significant discovery - huge collars WITHOUT flywire are the optimal construction for on-field success, as demonstrated by the improbably unbeatable Texans. If Houston wins the Super Bowl, how likely is it that their innovation will spread like wildfire across the football landscape?

It would spread like herpes at a brothel.

And by herpes at a brothel, I mean bibles at a swingers party.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Lions have those stupid collars? I hadn't noticed. Then why are they so terrible?

And one of the teams that doesn't have flywire, which you neglected to mention, is the undefeated Texans. You point was stupid to begin with, but it's extra stupid because you didn't even get the facts right.

It's NOT the Flywire that has been the main issue, it's the stupid toilet-seat collar design on so many of them with Flywires.

I don't believe people care if it has the Flywire, what they do care about is how they've ruined so many of their teams jerseys with that ridiculous thick collar design that's pointed.

george_wilsonnike.jpg

Archived