Panthers black pants

Mevins31

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't the silver helmet have to keep the silver pants somewhat in play?

Yeah probably. What do you want us to say? Nobody has any more information about the Panthers' pants than you do.

If you want reassurance, I'd say they will probably wear the silver pants again. The black pants were such an out of the blue thing I don't think they're just going to abandon the silver pants in the middle of the season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OldRoman?

Yes?

what makes you so sure they'll never wear the classic home set (black jersey/silver pants) anymore? What makes you so certain the black jerseys aren't a 1 or 2 times a year thing? Keep in mind they could wear the black pants with the away jersey or with the alt blue! Which is my hope

I don't think the panthers look bad. I just think, especially with the reality that jersey sleeves are never coming back, that they are way too busy: wrap around stripe, shoulder numbers, sleeve logo, manufacturer logo. It just ends up as a cluttered and inconsistent mess.

Idk about everyone else, but that's why I think they should change.

They just need to go simple.

Maybe I'll do a concept idk. See if I have time and ms paint patience.

Oh and I think they have the worst helmet in the league.

OldRoman?

Yes?

what makes you so sure they'll never wear the classic home set (black jersey/silver pants) anymore? What makes you so certain the black jerseys aren't a 1 or 2 times a year thing? Keep in mind they could wear the black pants with the away jersey or with the alt blue! Which is my hope

I think you're thinking wayyyy too much into this. Like McCarthy said, I highly doubt anyone knows any solid information about the black pants outside of the Panther's front office. Just sit back, relax, and see what happens.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

OldRoman?

Yes?

Because that's how things seem to happen. The players all loved the black pants and will ask to wear them for every black jersey game (while inexplicably wearing white pants for all white jersey games). The team might go along with it, thinking if the players think they look cool they will play better. We saw the same thing with Titans and Texans constantly ruining potentially-good alts by pairing them with matching or darker pants. We also saw dark pants which would have looked better with the road jerseys, yet were worn almost exclusively with the home set, such as with the Seahawks, Vikings, Cardinals and the previous Bills' set. I fear that it will be the same crap with the Panthers. I hope not, as the silver/black/silver look is one of the best in football. It was underused before. It will be used much less now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Were these in the Style Guide this year? Just curious.

According to Paul Lukas at Uni-watch, they were not. But as he pointed out to me, neither were the Redskins yellow pants.

Redskins' Gold pants are in the Style Guide; Panthers' Black pants are not.

blackpants.jpg

Found this baby on the Uni Watch comments. Wooeee!!!!

That looks awesome!!! Hopefully they wear those in their next away game on MNF at Philadelphia.

I have never liked the look of any uniform that uses 3 different colors for each part of the uniform. Either have the helmet match the jersey or the pants. You could also have the pants match the jersey but that only looks good with white jersey and pants.

I really do like the Panthers black pants but they will never look right until the have a black helmet. Black/Carolina Blue/Black would be an amazing home look and they could go Black/White/Black or Black/White/White on the road.

I have never liked the look of any uniform that uses 3 different colors for each part of the uniform. Either have the helmet match the jersey or the pants. You could also have the pants match the jersey but that only looks good with white jersey and pants.

We've got a few posters on here who've said this, which always surprises me. What about the Browns in orange/brown/white, the Bengals in orange/black/white, the Broncos in blue/orange/white, etc? For that matter, the Steelers road? The Rams and Redskins road when they wear their gold pants? The Giants road? That's a lot of nice looking uniforms (well... excluding the Bengals).

For me, three different colors is OK as long as either the pants or the jersey is white. Three different non-white colors or white helmet over dark/dark (Titans... ick) is out of the question.

We've got a few posters on here who've said this, which always surprises me. What about the Browns in orange/brown/white, the Bengals in orange/black/white, the Broncos in blue/orange/white, etc? For that matter, the Steelers road? The Rams and Redskins road when they wear their gold pants? The Giants road? That's a lot of nice looking uniforms (well... excluding the Bengals).

For me, three different colors is OK as long as either the pants or the jersey is white. Three different non-white colors or white helmet over dark/dark (Titans... ick) is out of the question.

I can answer that with how I feel about it. I am on the boat of not liking three colors at once.

But with the teams you just mentioned, the one constant there is that the pants are light colored. Because of that, it's not as big of a color distance on screen or live than let's say, a darker color.

For example, the Saints when they go on the road with the white jersey and black pants, hate them. But like the Redskins, because they wear the white jersey with the gold pants, which is not a dark color, it's not as bad. I am not saying that all teams should avoid the three colors. But if they do go three, the pants I prefer to be a light color.

Go A's!

I think typically three different colors for the three major parts of the uniform works better than two. Except for this case:

tony_romo_dallas_cowboys1.jpg

:grin:

Maybe I feel that way because there is less chance of an obvious color mismatch. If the jersey is supposed to match the helmet and is way different, blech.

I agree with you. However, if the Panthers wear the black pants on the road, they will be silver-white-black-blue from head to toe. I can live with three different colored elements, but four is too much.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I forgot about the Giants' road set being four different colors. But I will excuse it because I love that look. It's a unique situation because gray is almost a neutral color in their uniform. I mean, it's one of their colors, but really, their colors and blue and red. Also, it has the normal progression of lighter pants to darker socks, plus a dark helmet. Oppose that to a silver helmet with black pants and blue socks. Yuck.

I think that if the Panthers balanced colors like the Giants (black helmet, white jersey, silver pants and blue socks), they could make the four color thing work. However, that's not in the cards.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Most uniforms benefit from a three color scheme. You generally need a light color, dark color, and mid-tone for everything to balance well visually.

You'll find it difficult in situations where the dark colors are prominently used where combinations become muddled and forced. The Panthers is a great example of that, with predominately black elements.

Of course there are exceptions where teams pull off a two color scheme, but it's generally just a black and white palette...

Archived