2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

The deal is contingent on him signing a new deal so I'm hoping the Hawks didn't give him that much money. That would make him the highest paid player on the team when he is maybe the 4th best player on the offence.

Wallace seems certain to go the Dolphins. Jennings a possibility though. Would suck for Packers fans to see him go there.

Miami thinks they could have everyone :P But yeah, Jennings is probably a better fit. Not speedy, but reliable and he's someone Ponder can trust.

And as for Jennings going to the Vikings, I don't really care. We won a Super Bowl which is great, don't get me wrong but with Nelson, Jones, Cobb and whatever draftees Thompson can find. Rodgers won't miss him.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So looks like Minnesota found a buyer for Percy Harvin. The Seattle Seahawks! They best hope they get a healthy, non diva Harvin. Though he does seem like a player that would be working with a team that employs Pete Carroll.

It's cool man. Weed is legal in Washington.

--------------------------------------------------

Rams news:

Adios Quintin Mikell

Steven Jackson voided his contract officially a few days ago.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So looks like Minnesota found a buyer for Percy Harvin. The Seattle Seahawks! They best hope they get a healthy, non diva Harvin. Though he does seem like a player that would be working with a team that employs Pete Carroll.

It's cool man. Weed is legal in Washington.

But not in the NFL.

By getting Bolden, the 49ers using a #1 for AJ Jenkins last year is looking worse every week.

Maybe so, but at the same time Manningham and Williams are coming off of serious knee injuries, so the opportunities should still be there for Jenkins to prove himself.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

*Looks at Niners*

*Looks at Seahawks*

*Looks at Rams*

If you need me I'll be over there drinking.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Great value in the that trade for Boldin but the 49ers really need a downfield speed guy. Should be fun watching those guys battle for the NFC west next year, and for the next few seasons after that.

The speed guy was supposed to be Jenkins, however Red Zone/3rd Down catches from WRs have been much more of a need. They didn't have it two seasons ago when the lost in the NFC Championship and was even more glaring in the Super Bowl

This is the 1st symptom of Flacco destroying the Ravens' repeat title hopes. What a hypocrite he was when he wanted Newsome to pay Boldin handsomely (when it's Joe's own contract which is causing resigning problems with his teammates).

If a player is not willing to take a reduced salary, the team must get something for the player.

By getting Bolden, the 49ers using a #1 for AJ Jenkins last year is looking worse every week.

If AJ Jenkins wasn't getting first round money and wasn't so full of himself, I'd feel bad for him. It seems like the 49ers have been stockpiling skill players on offense the past couple of years and it doesn't look like he'll be seeing much playing time anytime soon.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

*Looks at Niners*

*Looks at Seahawks*

*Looks at Rams*

If you need me I'll be over there drinking.

I'm just drinking to the fact that Los Angeles isn't on this NFC West ride with the Harvin and Boldin moves. Seriously, f#ck Georgia for "Major Leaguing" this city and cursing/hexing SoCal into pro football abyss.

It's not as if we had a good chance to repeat next year, but now this :censored: has gotten out of hand already. I like Flacco, but I KNEW he shouldn't have been payed that much. . . .Damn, now we've lost our best WR, besides Smith, for a 6th round pick!? Damnit Flacco. Best wishes to Boldin though.

It's not as if we had a good chance to repeat next year, but now this :censored: has gotten out of hand already. I like Flacco, but I KNEW he shouldn't have been payed that much. . . .Damn, now we've lost our best WR, besides Smith, for a 6th round pick!? Damnit Flacco. Best wishes to Boldin though.

There is a price to pay for winning the Super Bowl. But it's all worth it when you're old and senile, but can still think about to the happy times of the 2012 Baltimore Ravens.

And of course Joe Flacco isn't worth the money he got (because he's not the best QB in the NFL; not at all), but he's won nine playoff games in five seasons in the NFL, and a Super Bowl. This is why I brought up that ridiculous Boston.com entry from Chad Finn, which dry humped Tom Brady and made Joe Flacco seem like a devil. Just because Tom Brady, he of whom has made hundreds of millions in his life through NFL contracts, endorsements, and having a supermodel wife, took a pay cut in his last few years in the NFL to try and help make a push for one more Super Bowl title, does not mean all QB's have to follow suit. Joe Flacco hasn't done a damn thing wrong about trying to get the money he has earned through his play in his first five NFL seasons.

spacer.png

Lions apparently hot on the tail of Glover Quin and Dashon Goldson. And the Reggie Bush rumors are slowing down (thank god). Also saw a Blount rumor that I hope is purely fabricated. One of the best times of the year starts tomorrow -- very excited. I think the Lions will make a couple splashes.

Looking forward to watching someone overpay Avril for 3.5 sacks and an entitled attitude.

Also, Delmas dropped this gem today RE the Lions talking to other safeties:

"I almost feel like a girlfriend waiting at home that's got a boyfriend that's cheating on her," said Delmas, who would prefer to remain a Lion. "But it is what it is. I'm trying to see if I can stay at home and get a couple more years out of him.

The Lions are cheating on me. They're going to the club every damn night and staying out late night, trying to come back home to Daddy. But it's all right."

One hell of an analogy there, sir.

Fun Fact: The Browns have signed 98 free agents since 1993. One of them has made the Pro Bowl.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Fun Fact: The Browns have signed 98 free agents since 1993. One of them has made the Pro Bowl.

Whoever can name that free agent, will be good in my books.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived