2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Saw a report on NFL Network that Dumervil is going to Baltimore. This whole thing has been weird but good for the Ravens.

Baltimore had money to spend? :blink: :blink:

Apparently it's 5 years. Not sure of the terms though. Maybe that Flacco deal didn't completely cripple them?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw a report on NFL Network that Dumervil is going to Baltimore. This whole thing has been weird but good for the Ravens.

Baltimore had money to spend? :blink: :blink:

Dumervil is a bit overrated in my opinion, having watched him for the entirety of his career. His best season came under Mike Nolan as D Coordinator and playing an outside linebacker in a 3-4, not as a 4-3 defensive end. He's weak against the run, and should probably play situationally as a result, and benefitted greatly from the attention paid to Von Miller. I'd rather have Abraham or Freeney for a year at a fraction of the cost.

IUe6Hvh.png

Maybe that Flacco deal didn't completely cripple them?

Wasn't Flacco's deal backloaded anyway? Plus there's no way it's not getting restructured in a couple years.

The idea that Flacco was going to ruin the team with his contract was highly overrated. Did people really think Newsome wouldn't figure something out?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Darrius Heyward-Bey is going to Indy and then Detroit. If he signs with Detroit the offense will be explosive. Johnson, Bush, Heyward-Bey, Broyles, Burleson, Pettigrew, and Scheffler. Granted the OLine needs major work and having only one starter back doesn't make it easy, but it will make Johnson's job easier and will open everyone up.

Darrius Heyward-Bey is going to Indy and then Detroit. If he signs with Detroit the offense will be explosive. Johnson, Bush, Heyward-Bey, Broyles, Burleson, Pettigrew, and Scheffler. Granted the OLine needs major work and having only one starter back doesn't make it easy, but it will make Johnson's job easier and will open everyone up.

I believe you're giving Heyward-Bey a little too much credit.

Here's a hint:

Dude can't catch.

So, he would fit right in with Pettigrew.

The Raiders left tackle Jared Veldheer is the incredible hulk. NOT SUSPICIOUS WHATSOEVER....

O1EXZ4Q.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I believe you're giving Heyward-Bey a little too much credit.

Here's a hint:

Dude can't catch.

As an outside receiver that can stretch the field he would be important. DHB has had Russell, Campbell, and Palmer (not great QBs) throwing to him. He was also expected to be the #1 target, on the Lions he would be anywhere from 3-6. If Stafford can read the field and complete his look downs and DHB is 25-30 yards out one-on-one DHB will get catches.

Well, yeah. If a team drafts you in the top 10, they're going to expect you to produce. DHB didn't, and I don't think Palmer (or Campbell) was his problem. (I'll give you Russell.)Palmer got Pro Bowl years out of Johnson and Houshmandzadeh (Moss and Cooley did the same with Campbell),and none of them are anywhere near as fast as Heyward-Bey.

If I were you, I'd be wondering why the Lions just signed a runner who can catch, but not run (Bush) and a receiver who can run, but not catch (Heyward-Bey).

I think Heyward-Bey and Bush can be productive players, but they're not game-changers by any means.

Sigs are for sissies.

So he want to play for a winning team, huh? The delicious irony is that if he hadn't been a big baby and stayed in Cincy he probably would've quarterbacked two pretty good Bengals teams the last two years with a good shot at a division championship this year.

Hey Palmer, FACE!

PvO6ZWJ.png

So he want to play for a winning team, huh? The delicious irony is that if he hadn't been a big baby and stayed in Cincy he probably would've quarterbacked two pretty good Bengals teams the last two years with a good shot at a division championship this year.

Hey Palmer, FACE!

http://youtu.be/pL-IaFKsIw4

Haha...the Cowboys are so :censored:ing stupid. Romo is the worst, he'll never won anything, and now the Cowboys have less money to spend on actual good football players. I know a tall handsome white guy that bangs fat country singers and cheerleaders is the Texan ideal, but they can be had for cheaper. So dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Haha...the Cowboys are so :censored:ing stupid. Romo is the worst, he'll never won anything, and now the Cowboys have less money to spend on actual good football players. I know a tall handsome white guy that bangs fat country singers and cheerleaders is the Texan ideal, but they can be had for cheaper. So dumb.

I don't know. The NFL just wouldn't be the same without Tony Romo literally throwing the Cowboys' already slim playoff hopes away in week 17. It's tradition, man.

Archived