2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

I can't say I have ever had a bad experience at the Gator Bowl ... err, Alltell ... err, Jacksonville Municipal ... err, Everbank.

If given the opportunity, I'd be at every home game, from start to finish. Nothing beats the atmosphere of going to the game, win or lose and including the weather.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay Classy Atlanta

An Atlanta radio station has fired three morning radio hosts for mocking former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason, who has been debilitated by ALS, this morning.

On Monday, Gleason published a guest column in Sports Illustrated's Peter King's "Monday Morning QB" space by using eye tracking technology. The degenerative disease has put Gleason in a wheelchair, and he now has to talk through a computer.

But Atlanta radio hosts Nick Cellini, Steak Shapiro, and Chris Dimino on the "Mayhem in the AM" show on WQXI-AM, "790 The Zone," mocked him for his degenerative disease. They did a spoof segment in which a person impersonating Gleason called in with a robotic voice, impersonating the voice of the computer Gleason uses to communicate. A listener went on a message board and expressed his outrage, and former teammates like Scott Fujita tweeted their anger.

Rick Mack, 790 The Zone Sr. VP & General Manager, released this statement on Monday:

"We deeply regret the offensive programming that aired this morning on “Mayhem In The AM” on 790 The Zone, related to former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason and his battle with ALS. We suspended the three individuals involved immediately following their comments and have since terminated their employment. 790 The Zone, our owners, sponsors and partners in no way endorse or support this kind of content. We sincerely apologize to Mr. Gleason, his family and all those touched by ALS."

A sample joke included the Gleason impersonator doing a "knock knock" joke:

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Smother.

Smother who?

Smother me. Do me a favor.

The person impersonating Gleason at one point said he may "not be here on Thursday" and also said that he was "going to hell."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/06/17/Radio-Show-Hosts-fired-Gleason

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I wouldn't say that really qualifies as news, but to each their own.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Speaking of Atlanta, they've chosen which of the concept designs they're going with for their new stadium, and yup, they picked the weird one:

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Speaking of Atlanta, they've chosen which of the concept designs they're going with for their new stadium, and yup, they picked the weird one:

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't know if this was posted here earlier, but I heard during the Yankees' recent trip through Oakland that the Mount Davis seats are going to be tarped off this season. Purpose defeated.

Safety? This is about making it even harder to smuggle in booze to the stadium.

Which itself can be a safety measure.

All of you guys have it wrong. Raider fans ingest the booze before even entering, so that they don't spend all game long trying to be puked out.

By the time these people finish their pre-game tailgating gulps, they're already pudgy, belligerent keg cans, walking on two kankly legs to their seats three rows from the top deck.

And their boyfriends and brothers are pretty hammered, too.

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

The (assumed) added $100 million in taxpayer fees and eminent domain-related parking lot expansion was the tie-breaker.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I always thought the point of a dome/roof in Atlanta was so that they could keep bringing in the Final Four and other similar events every few years.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Atlanta does not need a dome, it does not get that cold down there.

Except for the last time they had a Super Bowl.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Police are questioning Aaron Hernandez In a homicide, but he is not believed to be a suspect.

http://www.foxnews.c...aron-hernandez/

Hmmm for someone not to be a suspect they are focusing a lot on him and searching his home. If Hernandez some how gets a Murder charge the Pats will be in some trouble at Tight End.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

News flash: billion dollar stadiums are built for more than just one purpose.

It's nice that it looks like all the seats will be covered and shaded for when it's 1,000,000 degrees in Atlanta.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's nice that it looks like all the seats will be covered and shaded for when it's 1,000,000 degrees in Atlanta.

Sometimes. What does FedEx Field do the other 357 days of the year?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sometimes. What does FedEx Field do the other 357 days of the year?

Was that one really one of the super excessively expensive stadiums? I thought that one was kind of like the new Comiskey Park of football - built right before the "modern era" of football stadiums. Also, maybe I should have qualified my statement by stating that it applies more in the southern "convention friendly" cities that host huge trade shows and events like Final Four. Not too many North East / Mid Atlanic cities are vying for those events.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Police are questioning Aaron Hernandez In a homicide, but he is not believed to be a suspect.

http://www.foxnews.c...aron-hernandez/

Hmmm for someone not to be a suspect they are focusing a lot on him and searching his home. If Hernandez some how gets a Murder charge the Pats will be in some trouble at Tight End.

Don't worry. They got Tebow.

Archived