2012 NFL Playoff Predictions

Kramerica Industries

We using this thread to talk about the games?

If so. Cincinnati has started this game looking like garbage, only down 6-0 though and Christian Ponder may not play tonight, Joe Webb could be the guy.

EDIT: Leon Hall changes everything.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If so. Cincinnati has started this game looking like garbage, only down 6-0 though and Christian Ponder may not play tonight, Joe Webb could be the guy.

Joe Webb scares me more than Ponder does. It has "one-hit wonder - lives forever on NFL FIlms" written all over it.

BB52Big.jpg

Joe Webb scares me more than Ponder does. It has "one-hit wonder - lives forever on NFL FIlms" written all over it.

Thought the same thing... hope I'm wrong though.

I swear everyone other than Packer fans are actually chalking this up as a Packer victory. This is going to be tough.

They don't know how close NFC North games tend to be, regardless of records.

Those fans could have at least acknowledged that the play was controversial. But instead, they partied like the call was 100% right

Because it WAS right.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2012/09/24/why-the-replacement-refs-made-the-right-call-in-the-packers-seahawks-game/

Just because the regular refs probably wouldn't make that call doesn't mean it was technically wrong. It just shows how stupid and convoluted the NFL's rules really are when games are actually called by the book.

So you found one blogger willing to argue that.

Problem is that he doesn't understand the nature of "simultaneous possession". Read down the comments; he gets schooled.

I understand the NFL's desire to save face. And I don't think the Packers "deserved" to win the game based on how they played the 59 minutes leading up to that. But the call was wrong, even "by the book", and so obviously so that the NFL had to swallow its pride and bring back the professional refs.

So, I had a dream last night that I was watching the Packers-Vikings game, and the score was 24-11 Pack in the 4th quarter.

I guess we shall see....

Heyyy... off by one point!

So, I had a dream last night that I was watching the Packers-Vikings game, and the score was 24-11 Pack in the 4th quarter.

I guess we shall see....

Heyyy... of by one point!

Well yeah when you predict 11 points, that will happen to you. :upside:

I guess we shall see....

Heyyy... of by one point!

Well yeah when you predict 11 points, that will happen to you. :upside:

Here are the ways of having 11 points:

- Touchdown (w/ PAT) + Safety + Safety

or

- Touchdown (w/o PAT) + FG + Safety

or

- FG + FG + FG + Safety

or

- FG + Safety + Safety + Safety + Safety

But given how Aaron Rodgers was untouchable tonight, the Vikes getting 11 points (must have a safety involved) was more of a crapshoot fantasy.

Actually, if the Vikings had gone for two after their only TD (which I would do, if I had Adrian Peterson), the score could've been 24-11.

Yeah, but by the time the Vikes did score a touchdown, the mood was "oh just kick the PAT so we can get to the offseason sooner." So really it's a moot point.

Those fans could have at least acknowledged that the play was controversial. But instead, they partied like the call was 100% right

Because it WAS right.

http://asubstitutefo...-seahawks-game/

Just because the regular refs probably wouldn't make that call doesn't mean it was technically wrong. It just shows how stupid and convoluted the NFL's rules really are when games are actually called by the book.

So you found one blogger willing to argue that.

Problem is that he doesn't understand the nature of "simultaneous possession". Read down the comments; he gets schooled.

I understand the NFL's desire to save face. And I don't think the Packers "deserved" to win the game based on how they played the 59 minutes leading up to that. But the call was wrong, even "by the book", and so obviously so that the NFL had to swallow its pride and bring back the professional refs.

Are we reading the same comments? Seems to me that the commenters were busier ball-washing the author than arguing against him.

spacer.png

Archived