2012 NFL Playoff Predictions

Kramerica Industries

My goodness. As a lifelong Bengals fan, I'm extremely uneasy about all these people picking the Stripes to win. Just feels... Weird.

Me too and I sort of don't like it. It seems like the trendy upset pick almost never actually happens.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just remember I started it. B)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Vikings over Packers

Redskins over Seahawks

Bengals over Texans

Colts over Ravens

Falcons over Vikings

49ers over Redskins

Bengals over Broncos

Colts over Patriots

Falcons over 49ers

Bengals over Colts

Falcons over Colts

Super Bowl MVP: Matt Ryan.

BONUS PREDICTION: Roger Goodell is booed as he presents the trophy to Matt Ryan.

The only prediction I'm gonna make is that the Seahawks will get slaughtered if they have to come to Lambeau for the Championship Game.

I can get on board with this.

What's with the animosity towards the Seahawks? What did they do wrong except celebrate a victory? Albeit a controversial one. I also suggest you look up an article that was in SI last week by Ben Reiter that dissects the play and the call and argues that it was the correct call.

I'm not going to predict that the Hawks would beat the Packers at Lambeau but I will say that Seattle is better built for a game in Green Bay in late December.

The only prediction I'm gonna make is that the Seahawks will get slaughtered if they have to come to Lambeau for the Championship Game.

What's with the animosity towards the Seahawks? What did they do wrong except celebrate a victory like classless, integrity-lacking douchebags?

Yeah...

I also suggest you look up an article that was in SI last week by Ben Reiter that dissects the play and the call and argues that it was the correct call.

Saw it, and regretted wasting my time on such contrived, contrarianist "journalism."

I say "contrived" because it was all based on the premise that Tate had his hand on the ball first and was touching it the entire way down. One look at replay shows that's CLEARLY not the case.

What's with the animosity towards the Seahawks? What did they do wrong except celebrate a victory?

Those fans could have at least acknowledged that the play was controversial. But instead, they partied like the call was 100% right, and conspired that ESPN and the sports media was out to get Seattle because "it hates the city." And they even went as far as to defend the call with derogatory terms toward Packer fans.

And some of us on this board (me included) went as far pissed as saying that they deserve the relocation of their Sonics to OKC, and that they should never b*tch about Super Bowl XL ever again. The Fail Mary was that bad.

This is how much I want the NFC title game to be Packers vs. Seahawks, and why I wouldn't feel sorry if the refs screwed Seattle over ala-Donaghy style.

I'm not sure what you wanted the Seahawks to do. The call, no matter if it was right or wrong, went in there favour and they reacted like any passionate athlete would. There is also a fair argument to be made that it was the right call.

The only real douchebag in that whole ordeal was Golden Tate, who acted like he didn't commit PI and that he caught the ball.

As far as the Seahawks and their fans aside from that - what did you expect them to do, forfeit the victory to the Packers? They didn't do anything wrong. It's not their fault the replacement referees were that bad, and that the call was that bad. And to somehow equate a Week 3 game to what happened in Super Bowl XL, or to getting the Sonics ripped out of Seattle, is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. It's also ridiculous to impugn all Seahawks fans for the actions of a select few (which is usually the case with every fanbase in the world). You could really use a lesson in not generalizing everything to the lowest denominator.

spacer.png

If anybody was a douch it was Pete Carroll. He out of everyone should of acted the most non chalant, but that's asking for too much to expect that from him.

Anyways, even though I'm biased, Packers and Seahawks would be the best possible NFC title game. Hopefully we get to see the rematch.

I'm not sure what you wanted the Seahawks to do. The call, no matter if it was right or wrong, went in there favour and they reacted like any passionate athlete would. There is also a fair argument to be made that it was the right call.

No, there really isn't.

The Packers deserved to lose that game for the 59 minutes preceding it, but the call was flat-out wrong. There's no way to get simultaneous possession from the tape unless you start with that presumption and work backwards.

Those fans could have at least acknowledged that the play was controversial. But instead, they partied like the call was 100% right

Because it WAS right.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2012/09/24/why-the-replacement-refs-made-the-right-call-in-the-packers-seahawks-game/

Just because the regular refs probably wouldn't make that call doesn't mean it was technically wrong. It just shows how stupid and convoluted the NFL's rules really are when games are actually called by the book.

and conspired that ESPN and the sports media was out to get Seattle because "it hates the city."

The sports media knows where their bread is buttered. Reverse the teams in that game and there wouldn't have been any complaint over that call. The talking heads would say "Seattle shouldn't have let Wilson get sacked 10 times if they wanted to win that game" and that would be that.

But since the Packers have easily a bigger fanbase nationwide, stirring up a needless controversy over that correct call was a ratings bonanza for ESPN in a way that it wouldn't be with Seattle.

And some of us on this board (me included) went as far pissed as saying that they deserve the relocation of their Sonics to OKC, and that they should never b*tch about Super Bowl XL ever again.

Actually, it was just you, and it was blatant trolling on your part.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I was actually just watching the play and its aftermath on Youtube last night. At some point, I'm pretty damn certain Gerry Austin or Mike Tirico mentioned how simultaneous possession was not a factor on that play, because Jennings clearly had caught the ball before Golden Tate could claim possession himself, and simultaneous possession only occurs if both the WR and DB end up catching the ball at, almost literally, the exact same time.

What was right about the call, is that they didn't overturn it, because they couldn't. It was ruled a TD on the field by, I guess, the official who held the right of overrule over the back judge, and since it was ruled simultaneous possession, that was not a reviewable aspect of the play. All that could be determined was whether the ball ever hit the ground, and/or if possession was attained by either player OOB. Since neither applied, obviously, then there was no choice to let the call stand. Where the Packers were clearly jobbed was by the ruling of simultaneous possession. Even in real-time, it was obvious that M.D. Jennings had possession before Golden Tate ever had what could be considered "simultaneous".

And while PI is seldom called on Hail Mary plays (because, geez, every WR and DB is committing some form of PI), the Golden Tate one is about as egregious as it gets. You can't just push away a DB with inside position on you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BJ8kdeilQo

spacer.png

I'm a Seahawks fine by proxy, and I'm the first to admit that they got extremely lucky on that call. And I do indeed have dyed-in-the-wool Seahawk fan friends who swear that it was 100 percent correct and any controversy is unwarranted. The extremes do exist. But so too do people who recognize the Seahawks got away with one.

A NFC title game rematch would be amazing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

AFC PLAYOFFS

Wild Card Round

Bengals def. Texans

Ravens def. Colts

Divisional Round

Patriots def. Ravens

Broncos def. Bengals

AFC Championship

Broncos def. Patriots

NFC PLAYOFFS

Wild Card Round

Packers def. Vikings