The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THAT'S A CLEAN HIT THAT'S A HOCKEY PLAY YOU GOTTA KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND QUIT ADMIRING YOUR OWN PASSES wait I didn't watch it yet what happened

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

God damn. That is brutal.

--------

Bollig has his own wallpaper. Ridiculous.

bollig-wallpaper-800.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NHLPA says realignment is a go for next year.

I'll miss games against the Red Wings, which were hockey at its best, but I'm glad we're respecting our rivalry with Nashville and the real ties that bind: the fact that we both watch Letterman at 10:35.

The new alignment helps like 8 teams way more than it hurts the Blackhawks. Sorry.

And you'll get Detroit back in 5 months when Quebec City takes their place in the East.

PvO6ZWJ.png

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2013/03/07/nhlpa-nhl-realignment/1971781/

First, I can't believe the Eastern teams would approve a plan that gives them less chance of playoffs. 57 percent in West vs 50 in East. Also, since the bottom two teams will be wild cards, in the west the top two seeds could theoretically be rewarded with long road trips in the first round. They could at least make series which involve teams more than one time zone apart a 2-3-2 format like the NBA does for the finals.

Secondly, I bet we're going to 32 teams within a few years.

Thirdly, if I were DET or CBJ I wouldn't get too comfortable in the Eastern Conference.

Finally, are they seriously going to leave the Coyotes in Glendale another year without no owner or Glendale $$$? Wow. Or will the Quebec Coyodiques stuck in the Pacific Division for 2013-14 when they leave the desert in August.

OITGDNHL

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I'll miss games against the Red Wings, which were hockey at its best, but I'm glad we're respecting our rivalry with Nashville and the real ties that bind: the fact that we both watch Letterman at 10:35.

The new alignment helps like 8 teams way more than it hurts the Blackhawks. Sorry.

And you'll get Detroit back in 5 months when Quebec City takes their place in the East.

Detroit has been for yearning for years to be in the East, and with the pull they have within the league, they wouldn't likely be on the Western chopping block when that move happens, a move that is so inevitable that realigning now is flat out pointless.

spacer.png

http://www.usatoday....gnment/1971781/

First, I can't believe the Eastern teams would approve a plan that gives them less chance of playoffs. 57 percent in West vs 50 in East. Also, since the bottom two teams will be wild cards, in the west the top two seeds could theoretically be rewarded with long road trips in the first round. They could at least make series which involve teams more than one time zone apart a 2-3-2 format like the NBA does for the finals.

Secondly, I bet we're going to 32 teams within a few years.

Thirdly, if I were DET or CBJ I wouldn't get too comfortable in the Eastern Conference.

Finally, are they seriously going to leave the Coyotes in Glendale another year without no owner or Glendale $$$? Wow. Or will the Quebec Coyodiques stuck in the Pacific Division for 2013-14 when they leave the desert in August.

OITGDNHL

Oh for :censored: s sake if you can't finish better than 5th in your division with the scheduling heavily weighted towards division play you really don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Detroit has been for yearning for years to be in the East, and with the pull they have within the league, they wouldn't likely be on the Western chopping block when that move happens, a move that is so inevitable that realigning now is flat out pointless.

I'd like to think the rest of the West in its collectivity would say, "No, we don't get the LUMBUS back."

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bollig has his own wallpaper. Ridiculous.

Especially since his role in the lineup is "window dressing".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

From a competitive balance standpoint, I guess I don't mind that the Blackhawks got kicked out of the actual NHL and get to hang out in Count Bettman's Junk Drawer Of Hosertowns And Listless Expansions. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed Indian drawing is king.

Also, gerd derngit Oilers, I've never seen a run-and-gun team that doesn't have any goddamn bullets in it. I half-bought Gamecenter to watch you this year and this is what you do to me. Go slide down the ice into a stack of dicks.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

From a competitive balance standpoint, I guess I don't mind that the Blackhawks got kicked out of the actual NHL and get to hang out in Count Bettman's Junk Drawer Of Hosertowns And Listless Expansions. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed Indian drawing is king.

Also, gerd derngit Oilers, I've never seen a run-and-gun team that doesn't have any goddamn bullets in it. I half-bought Gamecenter to watch you this year and this is what you do to me. Go slide down the ice into a stack of dicks.

Didn't the Blackhawks win, like, 3 of 4 division/Conference regular season titles the last time they were exiled from the the rest of the Original 6?

Today, we are all otaku.

And Fox Sports West just did "Heat vs. Blackhawks" with Jim Fox and Kiki Vandeweghe during the first intermission of the Kings game. Yes, everyone involved came off looking and sounding like a damned idiot, so good for them.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm finding myself rooting for the Blackhawks in each game. I want to see how far they can take this thing and I'd love for the Blue Jackets to be the team to end it.

They are going to go without a regulation loss for the entire season and then lose in the first round of the playoffs and it will be the most awesome thing in sports since the 18-0 Patriots lost the Super Bowl

Butthurt much?

overreact much? what are you, 12?

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived