The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Poor Jets. Even when they win 6-2, the Caps still win their game. Even when they win, they kinda lose. Winnipeg's gonna Winnipeg. I'm not sure what else we thought would happen.

EDIT: lol wait it's only the end of the second

that almost makes it worse

EDIT DEUX: also Erik Gudbranson has been ejected for the second time in like a week, boy that guy sure must be a real piece of crap

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Niemi robbed Brunner and stoned Nyquist in the shootout to beat the Wings. Thanks to the Bettman point though, the team he owns falls one more point back of the 8 seed.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Minnesota is going to miss the playoffs and Phoenix is going to get in. You just know it at this point, don't you?

They got blanked by the Blues tonight. Speaking of which, STL has reverted to last years' airtight defense, with 5 goals surrendered in 6 games this month. Their goaltending was really bad earlier this year, but they've picked it up.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Minnesota is going to miss the playoffs and Phoenix is going to get in. You just know it at this point, don't you?

They got blanked by the Blues tonight. Speaking of which, STL has reverted to last years' airtight defense, with 5 goals surrendered in 6 games this month. Their goaltending was really bad earlier this year, but they've picked it up.

Stillman must have told the team that they won't be getting contracts unless they make the Stanley Cup Finals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just be happy we softened them up for you :P

(Or let them vent their angst. Whatever you want to call it.)

While his points may stand, who cares what a mattress attached to a person thinks?

We're still doing this?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Just wait until they play Los Angeles in the playoffs. They quiver and die every time they face.

Oh c'mon. It was only last year for them; anything can happen in the playoffs. I mean it's nice to give the Kings that much spunk, but to say the Blues "quiver and die"...

Poor Jets. Even when they win 6-2, the Caps still win their game. Even when they win, they kinda lose. Winnipeg's gonna Winnipeg. I'm not sure what else we thought would happen.

They've been doing this same song-and-dance just about every season since the previous lockout.....win 5 in a row, lose 3 in a row, win 2 in a row, lose 6 in a row, have a great month, have a crap month, win a few at the end of the season, and finish in 10th place.

Perennial Pants Poopers.

ott_lick_medium.gif

What.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Hugely ironic that J.S.'s battle cry paid off in their next game against, of all teams, the Ducks...only to play like public park feces again against the Kings tonight.

...and it's the Kings who played like public park feces at the end, but they get the shootout win anyway.

Chuckled at the way the game ended, on Kopitar's tap of the puck.

Archived