The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackets beat the Ducks in OT. Detroit falls to Calgary in regulation. Blackhawks clinch the 1 seed in the West. Beej are 2 points clear of the Wings for 8th. This is the most improbable of scenarios.

Also: Jimmy Howard, coming on strong late for the 2013 GIF Vezina. Look out, Mike Smith!

derpwings.gif

derpwings2.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Nothing beats a win when you are fully expecting a loss. Hell, I was thrilled with getting a point in Anaheim. An OT win is pure bonus. The Jackets just might pull this off.

Jackets Fever, bitches! There is no cure.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The Beej, even if they manage to get past the Blackhawks, would then probably have to play Anaheim (yes they won tonight, but let's see them do it three more times before the Ducks can win four).

I'm happy for the Jackets, I really am, but baby steps.

If the Beej beat the Hawks in the first round I can never post here again.

Let's not get carried away here.

You forget admiral's Cardinal Rule of Hockey, though:

"Hockey makes no sense."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If the Beej beat the Hawks in the first round I can never post here again.

Let's not get carried away here.

You forget admiral's Cardinal Rule of Hockey, though:

"Hockey makes no sense."

I was referring to him saying he can never post here again. I promise that if the Jackets pull this off and somehow beat Chicago, I will not gloat or give Blackhawks fans any grief. Not because I'm that nice a guy, but because I will be rendered speechless for what I'd imagine will be a good long time.

BB52Big.jpg

The Beej, even if they manage to get past the Blackhawks, would then probably have to play Anaheim (yes they won tonight, but let's see them do it three more times before the Ducks can win four).

I'm happy for the Jackets, I really am, but baby steps.

Honestly, Mike, I seriously doubt anyone in beej nation is even remotely entertaining the idea of beating Chicago, let alone Anaheim. We're just happy to be here for a few minutes.

BB52Big.jpg

All this gracious humility is dooming the Blackhawks to a 7-game upset.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

All this gracious humility is dooming the Blackhawks to a 7-game upset.

That's the plan.

F5f4eyH.jpg

Jimmy Howard, coming on strong late for the 2013 GIF Vezina.

derpwings.gif

I heard Ray Emery was Howard's roommate in college.

z3ALX.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Man, Anaheim has been dog :censored: for most part these last few weeks. Not happy with that.

Congrats to CBJ on the win, though. Part of me wanted them to win, as I would love to see them make the playoffs over Detroit. Also, Bobrovsky is becoming one of my favorite players in the league. He seems like a good guy, his a fantastic goalie, and his name is fun to say.

Archived