The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

So what? There's life after the first round. I'd rather have matchups like that in the later rounds.

There is, obviously, but as the rounds go on, I tend to prefer straight substance over flair. If we get both (a la Red Wings/Avs circa 2002) then great. But, in the 1st round, I don't mind the opportunity of seeing a Leafs-Habs series, a matchup between two teams with very low odds of making a Cup run.

That said, another Caps/Rangers series isn't the worst thing. Fourth meeting in five years.

spacer.png

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this GIF sums up everyone's reaction on here of the Jackets' run coming up short:

tumblr_m5y5twPapT1qjehm8.gif

But a great run, nonetheless, still occurred. Today, we honor the courageous run of these Columbus hockey players. May we all hope that they nurture together for the future, and they build around Bonrovsky to ensure playoff berths for years to come.

I guarantee that if this was the standard 82-game campaign, they could've made it. Time just caught up with the Jackets.

:censored: Minnesota. That is all.

Here's hoping the Ducks and 'Hawks mercilessly savage their respective 1st round match-ups.

I hope they don't put Hahn and Remenda on the west coast NBCSN game again…

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

They'll send a national crew to Pittsburgh and maybe Chicago and then pick up CSNs and TSN for everything else.

What I've noticed is that NBCSN continues this trend into the playoffs, often being lazy and just siphoning TSN, CBC and Comcast feeds for the opening playoff rounds involving non-Eastcentric teams. It's like they save the Strader and Forslund teams until deep into the semis.

Top two scorers in the league are on the third-worst team in the league. It's time for Steve Yzerman to give in, do what blithering idiots on Yahoo Answers have surely been asking for years, and just put A Really Really Fat Guy in goal.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In other news the Sharks are stinking it up against the Kings. Yeah it's only 2-1, but the in my opinion the Kings have dominated the game. Maybe the Sharks don't want to play St. Louis after last season, but so far, tonight's effort won't work against the Canucks either.

They'll send a national crew to Pittsburgh and maybe Chicago and then pick up CSNs and TSN for everything else.

What I've noticed is that NBCSN continues this trend into the playoffs, often being lazy and just siphoning TSN, CBC and Comcast feeds for the opening playoff rounds involving non-Eastcentric teams. It's like they save the Strader and Forslund teams until deep into the semis.

Good thing Dallas didn't make the playoffs, because I enjoy getting to hear Daryl Reaugh do national games.

Yakupov hat-tricks to end it for the Oilers. I'll be sad when he's traded to Dallas for a grab bag of "real grit, sandpaper, character guys who play the game the right way."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Beej faithful, you're always welcome on our bangwagon.

Thanks for the offer, but I better go get back on the Rangers bandwagon. Gotta get in one last run (and disappointment, I'm sure) before I begin the process of deciding if I'm going to kick them to the curb after 21 years.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived