The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Blue Jackets are finally on the board with a little under ten to play.

Just gonna leave this here.

RonMacLeanCringeAndSigh.gif

Grapes with a surprising subdued outfit tonight.

And he's been sitting on the left side for the past 4 or 5 weeks (as opposed to the right, where he's always been).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The little slump of resignation at the end seals it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It was a great run for Columbus, I don't even think the most die hard fan thought they would be this good.

Bobrovski for Vezina and a Hart nod.

He'll definitely be in the conversation for the Vezina but I would only consider him for the Hart if he had gotten them to the playoffs.

But truthfully, how many players were more valuable to their team than Bobrovsky to the Jackets?

Look, I don't think he should win it but he should definitely be considered.

If they didn't have Bobrovsky then they would still be in the exact same boat as they are now, waiting for the draft lottery. The only difference is now they have a worse shot at #1 overall. IMO there are too many worthy candidates from playoff-bound teams (Crosby, Toews, Tavares, Getzlaf, Ovechkin) to nominate Bob.

Aaaand, NBCSN takes another Sportsnet feed... Except this time it's ROGERS Sportsnet for Senators/Bruins.

And you're complaining about this? Did you want to listen to Jack Edwards? I mean if it wasn't for the conspiracy theorist, psycho, lunatics that populate Fox News (Bill O'Reilly, etc.), MSNBC, and of course the lunatic of all lunatics Glenn Beck, Jack would be the Champion of Lunatics that are allowed on air.

Aaaand, NBCSN takes another Sportsnet feed... Except this time it's ROGERS Sportsnet for Senators/Bruins.

And you're complaining about this? Did you want to listen to Jack Edwards? I mean if it wasn't for the conspiracy theorist, psycho, lunatics that populate Fox News (Bill O'Reilly, etc.), MSNBC, and of course the lunatic of all lunatics Glenn Beck, Jack would be the Champion of Lunatics that are allowed on air.

No of course not.

I was just pointing out that NBC again is just broadcasting someone else's feed instead of, god forbid, doing it themselves, and that it just so happened to be another "Sportsnet" but not a Comcast Sportsnet.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Supposedly they're just going to bring up their AHL head coach from Cleveland on the cheap.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't mind a Rogers Sportsnet feed, myself. But that's probably because I haven't watched as many OOM games this year as I have in recent years, and thus my familiarity with the Senators broadcasting crew (and Canadian crews in general) is a bit off. I'll always have a slight bias towards Canadian telecasts compared to American telecasts (though I much prefer video game Jim Hughson over real-life Jim Hughson).

spacer.png

Oh wow, the division crown may indeed be slipping away from the Bruins, as Ottawa has a 2-0 lead slightly past the halfway point.

This is very surprising. Boston has absolutely had their way with Ottawa the past three seasons, winning 13 of the last 14 meetings, including all four this season.

They are outplaying the Sens, but the shots just aren't going in and Rask isn't playing well enough. The Bruins are getting bad breaks and not capitalizing on their opportunities.

Archived