The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

Here's your occasional "attendance figures are bull :censored: " reminder:

The Panthers list their attendance this season as 100.4% of capacity,

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sigh.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26497

83.2 Deflections / Rebounds – When a defending player propels the puck out of his defending zone and the puck clearly rebounds off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone, all attacking players are eligible to play the puck. However, any action by an attacking player that causes a deflection/rebound off a defending player in the neutral zone back into the defending zone (i.e. stick check, body check, physical contact), a delayed off-side shall be signaled by the Linesman.

I'm not going to say that you are wrong in this case..but I am also not going to say you're right. A bit confusing because Nashville never possessed the puck.

http://bit.ly/ZbPKDg

"The League already verified it that it should have been an offside," Predators coach Barry Trotz said. "The explanation from the crew here, unfortunately, was wrong. They said that we passed it back; we didn't pass it back. That's why they didn't blow the whistle. It's just one of those things. Everybody has a bad day. That's part of life, that's part of the game. Certain things are going to happen and you can't control them. That's nothing we can control and we've just got to play through it, and we didn't." (http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012020221&navid=DL|NHL|home)

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I could swear - it felt like there were more Lightning fans who made the trip on Saturday than there were Panthers fans in the building. You could see entire sections of fans cheering the late goals. The only redeeming thing about that building is that the rinkside shot is one of the best in the league.

spacer.png

I could swear - it felt like there were more Lightning fans who made the trip on Saturday than there were Panthers fans in the building. You could see entire sections of fans cheering the late goals. The only redeeming thing about that building is that the rinkside shot is one of the best in the league.

I'm watching the Leafs/Panthers game and when Kessel scored, you could barely hear the Fox Sports Panthers announcer over the Leafers.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Yeah, but that's Toronto. That's the Yankees of the NHL. They could sell out a game in Siberia with nothing but Leafs fans.

I know that's they are in-state rivals, but the Lightning play in a terrible market, when it comes to the fanbase. I would never expect Lightning fans to overwhelm another team's building.

spacer.png

Two goals given up in 21 seconds by virtue of a bad penalty and an even worse turnover. Stuff just got reeeeeal Bluejacketty in Anaheim.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, but that's Toronto. That's the Yankees of the NHL. They could sell out a game in Siberia with nothing but Leafs fans.

I know that's they are in-state rivals, but the Lightning play in a terrible market, when it comes to the fanbase. I would never expect Lightning fans to overwhelm another team's building.

Tampa's a terrible market? I thought that was One of the Sunbelt Teams That Worked™.

Rays have terrible attendance, Bucs have terrible attendance, the Lightning are actually the only team in the area that draws well I wasn't trying to imply that Tampa hasn't ended up being profitable over time, but this is a pretty bad sports town. Florida altogether is a pretty poor sports state, as least as far as professional sports are concerned.

And, regarding the working argument, I thank my lucky stars every now and then that the Lightning weren't victims of relocation while Oren Koules & Len Barrie were the principal owners. Those two ran the operation right into the ground. What became of the Thrashers, could have very easily been the Lightning. Hockey was dead in this market after what those clowns did.

spacer.png

Florida altogether is a pretty poor sports state, as least as far as professional sports are concerned.

It's certainly a pretty poor baseball state. Anyway, I always been under the impression that the Lightning have pretty good crowds. The SPT Forum seemed to be rocking pretty good in the games I've watched on TV this season.

EDIT: @Still Mighty - I've seen more than a few "beej" jerseys in the crowd tonight. Blue Jackets Fever! There is no cure... :hockeysmiley:

BB52Big.jpg

I hope Jarome Iginla goes to Jay Feaster tomorrow morning, throws a list of teams he'd accept a trade to right on his desk. Knowing Feaster he'll throw some honey on it and eat it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

SMH, the Coyotes score 9 goals in 2 games, yet the Sharks manage 8 in 7.

Tomorrow is a grudge match against St. Louis. It's interesting because its the resistible force vs movable object type of game. The Blues surprisingly have been bleeding goals this month, a little over 4 a game. All I know is that the Sharks have to do better then last year against them, when they got 11 goals in 9 games.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

@Still Mighty - I've seen more than a few "beej" jerseys in the crowd tonight. Blue Jackets Fever! There is no cure... :hockeysmiley:

I saw like 6 or 7 in the building (And two whole CJB/Bug jerseys! :lol: ) Impressive showing considering, I mean, it is the Beej, and a Monday. (Hell, from an Anaheim perspective. Close to 15,000 for a Beej Monday? Great job guys!)

The Beej may not be all that good, but they certainly are feisty. I'll give you that. There is a certain lovable loser quality to this Beej team than other full craptastic, but hey Rick Nash Beej teams.

Ducks manage to pull another one out. Came out real flat, Beej had the first 9 shots and the goal. Then as Sodboy described, Bluejackettyness engaged and the Ducks made a quick turnaround. Getzlaf and Perry really starting to get on their games. Hiller came back with a great performance to hold onto the win remind everyone that Fasth isn't the unconstested #1 just yet. Two good goalies is never a bad problem.

12-2-1. Continuing to build on the whole "2nd best start in franchise history" bit. Best start in team history was in the 06-07 Cup year. Started 12-0-4 to set the modern NHL record for consecutive games without a regulation loss to start the season. A record the Blackhawks are only a game away from tying. So I hope my Chicagoland friends can forgive and understand me when I say... GO CANUCKS! ...IN REGULATION! (...just for Tuesday night! I swear! B) )

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So I hope my Chicagoland friends can forgive and understand me when I say... GO CANUCKS! ...IN REGULATION! (...just for Tuesday night! I swear! B) )

GYtXs3d.gif

No forgiveness. I thought we were Brethren of the Feather? NO MORE.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well I either let you lose to the Canucks and keep the record to ourselves. But then you're mad.

Or let you win tonight, but lose to the Sharks on Friday and we can share. But then the Sharks win.

Or let you keep winning and lose the record all together. But then the Ducks lose the record.

So really, no offense, I don't like living in a world where having the Sharks win is part of any plan. And I like records.

So... Neener :P

But look on the bright side... you can think back to the season where you set the record and remember what happened at the end of that season, and that should assuage any sadness that may result from losing the record.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

But look on the bright side... you can think back to the season where you set the record and remember what happened at the end of that season, and that should assuage any sadness that may result from losing the record.

Sure...

Or we could keep the record :P

We shall see about that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived