The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colorado wants a Michael Del Zotto type player for O'Reilly. Sure he's young, but hasn't nearly proven that he's worth it. Avs are best suited to getting him signed.

This whole O'Reilly situation is just weird. He was one of the Avs top point getter last season, which says more about how bad the Avs are than how good O'Reilly is. When your third line center is leading the team in points, something just isn't right. This holdout is just becoming annoying too, the Avs don't say a word about it and then O'Reilly's dad writes an email to the Denver Post about it. Last year, and leading up to this season, the Avs kept saying they were going to use all this cap space to re-sign their current young talent, and then don't follow through on O'Reilly. Granted, I'm not sure he is worth the money he wants.

He looks like a good player on the Avs, but I'm sure if you put him on a slightly above average team he fades away and just becomes one of the guys. But either way, sign him or trade him and be done with it. The Avs front office is awful.

jNTsTyQ.png

Yeah, I'm bored.

Here's an exercise: which team's fanbase is most likely to start doing the Harlem Shake during games? I have

1) Sharks

2) Kings

3) Islanders

4) Rangers

5) Lightning

6) Jets

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A fanbase loaded with a ton of white-collar, uppity Yankee fans would never do the Harlem Shake, even if it is a New York team.

I was under the impression that Rangers fans lived in the sewers like alligators and emerged only for Rangers games.

Blackhawks break the record with a mostly forgettable win over a lifeless Sharks team.

2vifc.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Unbelievable. Patently awful hockey through the vast majority of the first 40 minutes and they still got an honest regulation win out of it.

I initially called this about 2 weeks ago, but they're totally gonna poop the bed against The Lumbus on Sunday, because Hockey Makes No Sense. Still, 14-0-3, so who the hell cares!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Here's an exercise: which team's fanbase is most likely to start doing the Harlem Shake during games? I have

2) Kings

Too late, they already did last Friday.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

2) Kings

Too late, they already did last Friday.

son of a

So hey, this is a loaded draft. It'd be a great time for the Sharks to trade for everyone's first-round picks, since this core won't get it done this year and double-plus-really won't get it done next year with another year of 33+ attrition and surrounding teams getting better. Move Niemi to the Lightning, Thornton to the Ducks (he needs a contender in a low-pressure environment), Marleau, Havlat, Boyle to wherever I don't know. Whatever you're left with will be so bad that you'll surely draft first in 2014, maybe contending again by 2016. Sounds like a plan to me if you're not so entitled as to think rebuilding is for everyone else.

A fanbase loaded with a ton of white-collar, uppity Yankee fans would never do the Harlem Shake, even if it is a New York team.

I was under the impression that Rangers fans lived in the sewers like alligators and emerged only for Rangers games.

Just the ones that invade the Nassau Coliseum. They can't afford the Garden.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, I'm bored.

1) Sharks

2) Kings

3) Islanders

4) Rangers

5) Lightning

6) Jets

None of the above. According to my brother, they did one at the Pens game last night. Not in the way of a proper video, however.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Archived