2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

I think the big question we're all missing here is "Who are Auburn fans SEC homers going to make the scapegoat?" My money's on Chris Davis for the Pass Interference.

Fixed it.

And by the way, any rational fan should have known that the flag occurred on a 3rd down. Winston still throws the touchdown, whether it was a 1st down or 4th down.

Umm, while the PI was legit, it is the absolute height of stupidity to assume that the outcome would've been the same under different circumstances. It's significantly stupider to do so when one was a third-and-8 from, what the 11 yard line, and the other was a first-and-goal from the 2.

Why am I arguing right now? For someone who strives for efficiency in life, my time spending habits are about the most inefficient thing that exists.

Alright, time to play some Hunter Hunted! That game might be from 1996, but, when I think about it, 1996 was about the opposite of what 2013 turned out to be. I miss 1996. Any chance we can get those time machines working one of these days?

spacer.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll just say this, out of the rather kind side of my heart - I wish our old friend Buc was around for this, at least. Don't know where the BBPB has him right now, hope everything's well, that he got to see the game and is celebrating right now, but I do wish he could get in one celebration message.

Oh, he's celebrating. I've gotten about 50 Facebook updates from him.

I wonder what raysox is doing too... It's probably insane down there right now.

If his Facebook posts are any indication, he appears to be having a great time. his most recent post was simply "weeeeeeee."

Latest from Buc - That'll do it right there...FLORIDA STATE 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPS! ‪#‎NOLES‬ ‪#‎FEARTHESPEAR‬ ‪#‎ENDOFSECDOMINANCE‬

BB52Big.jpg

Also, JImbo AND Nick Saban are from West Virginia? I didn't think such great football coaches could come from a state full of drunken, trashy, stupid hillbillies.

It's not like you're a man of great decorum, either.

Can we just give it a break already? We've all made our mistakes. We've (hopefully) learned from them, I can say I'm trying to.

Well you're not trying hard enough.

Also, JImbo AND Nick Saban are from West Virginia? I didn't think such great football coaches could come from a state full of drunken, trashy, stupid hillbillies.

Can we just give it a break already? We've all made our mistakes. We've (hopefully) learned from them, I can say I'm trying to.

Well you're not trying hard enough.

I would have said "at all", but yours works too.

BB52Big.jpg

I'll just say this, out of the rather kind side of my heart - I wish our old friend Buc was around for this, at least. Don't know where the BBPB has him right now, hope everything's well, that he got to see the game and is celebrating right now, but I do wish he could get in one celebration message.

FWIW, he's been posting on Facebook all night, and he seems pretty stoked.

Well, that's good, at least. I don't FB buddy with anybody here (I'm ridiculously anal about information I haven't disclosed here), but it is good to hear Buc is out and about and probably getting hammered right now. I'll just hope he isn't on the docket to do any driving tomorrow.

spacer.png

Wow. As a Miami fan... :censored: Free Shoes University. Auburn choked big time in the second half, and their kicker also lost them the game. Rapist Winston didn't deserve that. Good bye. I hope you blow your ACL next year Winston.

Very classy.

I was just very mad seeing FSU win. Yeah, I let my emotions get the best of me.

If you're ever angry at the outcome of game, never post about it online. I made that mistake during the 2011 NBA playoffs and I came off like an entitled, douchey-a**hat, f***face. Which I totally was during that posting spree.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

FWIW, he's been posting on Facebook all night, and he seems pretty stoked.

Well, that's good, at least. I don't FB buddy with anybody here (I'm ridiculously anal about information I haven't disclosed here), but it is good to hear Buc is out and about and probably getting hammered right now. I'll just hope he isn't on the docket to do any driving tomorrow.

Same here. This may come off as a humblebrag but I don't mean it to. Thanks to the podcasts, I get more than my fair share of FB requests from people around here. I turn down almost all of them. But I make exceptions for requests from people like Buc.

BB52Big.jpg

While I'm excited to see an actual playoff implemented next season, it's only a band-aid. We need a 16-team playoff; 10 conference champions, 6 at large bids. Seeding can be determined by any method. Really doesn't matter.

That's what I don't want to happen. College Football may be the only sport that emphasizes your regular season performance the most. If you lose 1 game, you may very will just choke away your chance at a title, and you have to show up to play every single game to stay in the national title discussion. The current playoff keeps that and does one better by giving us the +1 we always wanted so the Oklahoma St.'s of the world could get a chance. 16 is just too many, it de-emphasizes the regular season a bit too much for my liking.
I don't know that it would de-emphasize the regular season at all. If anything it makes the race for the conference championship that much better. I will say this I think 6 at large bids is too many. I'd argue not having any. You want to sniff that title? Win your conference. That would kill two birds with one stone. More teams in a playoff and the regular season means everything. Might not be good for parity though.

While I'm excited to see an actual playoff implemented next season, it's only a band-aid. We need a 16-team playoff; 10 conference champions, 6 at large bids. Seeding can be determined by any method. Really doesn't matter.

That's what I don't want to happen. College Football may be the only sport that emphasizes your regular season performance the most. If you lose 1 game, you may very will just choke away your chance at a title, and you have to show up to play every single game to stay in the national title discussion. The current playoff keeps that and does one better by giving us the +1 we always wanted so the Oklahoma St.'s of the world could get a chance. 16 is just too many, it de-emphasizes the regular season a bit too much for my liking.

Doesn't de-emphasize the regular season at all. It simultaneously makes a strong out of conference schedule and winning your conference very important.

And most important of all, it gives every team a shot. Which is what should be the goal for any sport that has to have a champion (which is the NCAA does for every other sport/football division).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I wonder what raysox is doing too... It's probably insane down there right now.

Yeah man, that was great. They had a giant projector set up at the basketball arena, so I watched the game with 6,000 people. Crazy ups and downs, but I'm glad I went there to watch the game than with 4 friends or whatever. The couple next to me left down 21-3. The wind was taken out of the arena and it was devastating. Then the fake punt got everyone excited and it was uphill from there.

Great win by the Noles, great effort by the Tigers too. What an awesome finish to the year.

And Auburn is about to pull of the ultimate choke job.

Ol' Scratch picks the absolute worst times to collect, doesn't he.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can we stop with all the "Winston is a rapist" bull- :censored:?

Sure. So long as we stop with the "O.J. is a murderer" crap. ;)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, there's that matter of him being held liable in a wrongful death suit...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Today, we are all otaku.

Well, there's that matter of him being held liable in a wrongful death suit...

MDWM.

Civil court doesn't prove :censored: . ;)

Today, we are all otaku.

ESPN's way to early Top 25 for 2014

1. Florida State

2. Alabama

3. Oregon

4. Stanford

5. Auburn

6. Michigan State

7. UCLA

8. Oklahoma

9. Ohio State

10. LSU

11. Georgia

12. Baylor

13. South Carolina

14. USC

15. Wisconsin

16. Texas A&M

17. North Carolina

18. Clemson

19. Washington

20. Ole Miss

21. Iowa

22. Arizona State

23. Notre Dame

24. UCF

25. Florida

UCLA at 7, USC at 14, and ASU all the way down at 22?

Um, sure.

I'm not even going to look at those things again until like August. What a waste of an exercise, ESPN.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

UCLA at 7, USC at 14, and ASU all the way down at 22?

Um, sure.

I'm not even going to look at those things again until like August. What a waste of an exercise, ESPN.

I wouldn't say it's any worse than having preseason rankings in the first place. How can you possibly rank a team before a single down is played?

Because ESPN can't go a moment without trying to stir :censored: up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived