2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

But honestly, that A&M loss could easily be blamed on that O-Line. Manziel literally had about 2 seconds to make a throw on that last drive. Not to mention the fact that he barely could throw. Auburn looks rehabilitated, the Iron Bowl might actually be a game this season.

The A&M defense gives up 45 points and you think the reason the Aggies lost is because the O-line didn't play well? :blink:

A&M scored 41 points. The O-line must have done something right.

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey maybe Baylor will actually be ranked at a level in line with their performance tomorrow.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

But honestly, that A&M loss could easily be blamed on that O-Line. Manziel literally had about 2 seconds to make a throw on that last drive. Not to mention the fact that he barely could throw. Auburn looks rehabilitated, the Iron Bowl might actually be a game this season.

The A&M defense gives up 45 points and you think the reason the Aggies lost is because the O-line didn't play well? :blink:

A&M scored 41 points. The O-line must have done something right.

I meant besides that, I didn't say it because I'm pretty sure that's a forgone conclusion. Every game against a (decent) SEC squad can easily turn into a shootout with A&M. Same thing with Georgia.

Also, Ole Miss pulls off the upset of LSU, wild day in the SEC. About the only top teams that did was asked was Alabama pummeling Arkansas and Missouri beating Florida with their backup quarterback. Either way, both teams gained about a game on the others and have basically set themselves up in ATL barring a major collapse.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Is Clemnson that overrated or is Florida State really that dominate?

Great win for the Devils today. When the offense is clicking like they were today they are such a fun team to watch. Also really glad to see UCLA go down today.

A little bit of both. Alabama, Oregon, and Florida St. are on a whole different rung ahead of everyone else. Ohio State isn't that far behind. Everyone else is left in the dust.

Great win for the Devils today. When the offense is clicking like they were today they are such a fun team to watch. Also really glad to see UCLA go down today.

A little bit of both. Alabama, Oregon, and Florida St. are on a whole different rung ahead of everyone else. Ohio State isn't that far behind. Everyone else is left in the dust.

Baylor's been a much better football team so far this year than tOSU.

Also, that was fun tonight.

6fQjS3M.png

Aye, Baylor's there with OSU, but let's see them after they play some of the better Big 12 squads. Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Texas could bring them trouble.

Aye, Baylor's there with OSU, but let's see them after they play some of the better Big 12 squads. Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Texas could bring them trouble.

Nobody in the Big Twelve has the offense to keep up with Baylor, the defense to slow them down, or the run game and commitment to it to keep the ball out of Baylor's hands. Kansas State came the closest. They failed.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Y

Nobody in the Big Twelve has the offense to keep up with Baylor, the defense to slow them down, or the run game and commitment to it to keep the ball out of Baylor's hands. Kansas State came the closest. They failed.

They haven't played anybody. That was the point of the post. All of those teams I noted are all better than anybody Baylor has played, If Texas can play Baylor like they played OU that could get interesting, Texas is certainly the most talented team there. I'm not big on either of the Oklahoma schools. Texas Tech seems to be a bit of a fluke, they haven't played any of the big boys, yet. They had trouble with WVU today. Baylor and Texas are the 2 best teams in the conference IMO.

Also, I'm going to second what Kramer said earlier, the targeting rule sucks. That needs to be abolished.

Well that "ACC game of the century" was a blood bath. Winston is phenomenal, the wide receivers were on point, and the DBs were swarming. I could see FSU jump Ohio State in the BCS polls(tomorrow!)

#6-9 all lost today, so Miami might jump to like #5, but I expect Baylor to jump them. But the Noles and Canes play at Doak on two weeks, so I can't wait for that.

That USC-Notre Dame game tonight had to be the least relevant matchup in the series since, holy crap, when? Hard to think.

(that's not a slight on whatever enjoyment you had, either; just saying that it's been for freaking ever since it was a battle of unranked teams.)

No, absolutely. SC was on probation in '11 when they won here I guess but yeah - though winning out would somehow mean a BCS bowl berth so there's that.

6fQjS3M.png

That USC-Notre Dame game tonight had to be the least relevant matchup in the series since, holy crap, when? Hard to think.

Didn't help that the matchup materialized in the middle of the season. I think there'd be more interest if the game was booked near the end, as a send-off to the seniors to play their final, meaningful game.

I'd feel more sympathy towards NBC for showing this lukewarm game, but they get the Manning-Luck super-sapfest tomorrow on SNF, so it all cancels out.

Y

They haven't played anybody. That was the point of the post. All of those teams I noted are all better than anybody Baylor has played, If Texas can play Baylor like they played OU that could get interesting, Texas is certainly the most talented team there. I'm not big on either of the Oklahoma schools. Texas Tech seems to be a bit of a fluke, they haven't played any of the big boys, yet. They had trouble with WVU today. Baylor and Texas are the 2 best teams in the conference IMO.

Also, I'm going to second what Kramer said earlier, the targeting rule sucks. That needs to be abolished.

Conversely if we get the Texas team that showed up for every other Longhorn game this season Baylor's going to send Mack Brown out with a downright Biblical beatdown. I mean, let's think for a second. The Iowa State team that Baylor just curb stomped would have likely beaten Texas if not for some very shady refereeing a couple of weeks back.

Today, we are all otaku.

Didn't help that the matchup materialized in the middle of the season. I think there'd be more interest if the game was booked near the end, as a send-off to the seniors to play their final, meaningful game.

I'd feel more sympathy towards NBC for showing this lukewarm game, but they get the Manning-Luck super-sapfest tomorrow on SNF, so it all cancels out.

This game if it's in South Bend is always this weekend. Stanford and USC alternate years coming here and hosting us - the game in South Bend is always this weekend and the one in California is always Thanksgiving weekend.

6fQjS3M.png

Anyone check out the rankings? Been forever since I've seen that much of a shakeup

I must say, I wasn't expecting Mizzou to jump Baylor AND Miami but when you think about it they really do deserve it. Barring a collapse, they'll meet Bama in Atlanta. Auburn jumped a bit too high, I'd like to see them behind LSU, you know since they beat them. But Tech has jumped 8 spots in the last 2 weeks despite playing one very ugly game, I'm not mad. If we keep plugging away then Tech-Miami could be a Top 10 matchup in a few weeks.

Archived