2013 NCAA FOOTBALL THREAD

LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's have a look at some of the teams' upcoming schedules, starting with Mizzou:

They have two more home games in a row vs. South Carolina and Tennessee. With the craziness that is the SEC East this year, those games could go either way. An easy win @ Kentucky is after their current 3-game home stand before ending the year @ Ole Miss then @ Texas A&M. Again, those games could go either way. So while Mizzou is perfect for now, they could easily end the year going 1-4 and miss out on the SEC Title game.

Next we have Baylor. An easy win at Kansas is up next before things get interesting for the Bears. Two home games in a row against Oklahoma and Texas Tech, then two road games against TCU, who MIGHT be a threat, but don't take my word for it, followed by a game at OK State. They end the year against Texas in Waco. They could also end the year at 8-4 or even 7-5 if TCU pulls off an upset. That would end their hopes for a Fiesta Bowl visit, making way for either Oklahoma or Texas Tech.

Speaking of TTU, of the 4 Big XII games the Red Raiders have played, only one was by more than 10 points, which was against Kansas. West Virginia, Iowa State, who lost by 64 to Baylor, and TCU, all lost by 10 or less points to the Red Raiders. I don't see them being in the Top 25 at the end of the year. This is where they begin to fall apart as two straight games against Oklahoma and OK State, respectively, will really test Texas Tech. The final two games of the year are on the road at Baylor then Texas. an 8-4 season is what I see out of TTU, who, like Baylor, will fall short of the Fiesta Bowl. So who do I think will win the Big XII? Oklahoma is my pick to not only get to Glendale but to win the game as well.

The Final team I will look at is Auburn. I think they jumped too much in the standings, which don't really matter a whole lot since they will be rearranged tonight. FAU and Arkansas should be easy wins, but games against Tennessee, Georgia, who is very unpredictable for me, and finally the Crimson Tide of Alabama. I feel like a broken record for saying this, but If they lose their last three games, an 8-4 season is what the Tigers will have. I could see them edging the Vols and Bulldogs, but it's hard to see Alabama losing this year despite how much I don't like them.

So there you have it. Pretty much me just saying that Baylor, TTU, and Auburn are overrated, won't make BCS Bowls (though Auburn has a slightly better chance than Baylor and have better chances than TTU), and that each will be lucky enough to get above .700

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

@mr.nascar Texas A&M comes to Mizzou this year. They've played at College Station the last 4 years, please don't take away the one they actually get to have at home. :)

On a side note, I have tickets to the Mizzou-Ole Miss game down in Oxford. At the beginning of the year, we figured it'd be a game of no importance. But with Mizzou's run and Ole Miss's upset of LSU, it could be quite a game.

You're seeing the schools for what they used to be rather than what they are. I don't agree that Missouri and Baylor should be ranked 5-6 (yet) but they're far from the lucky teams you're portraying then to be.

Missouri has already taken down both Georgia and Florida; no small task. One game was with a backup qb. They're for real.

Baylor is still over 60 points a game outside of Kansas State and no other school has shown they're defense can stop the Bears. Plus they're defense has shown to be killer. 71-7 games don't just happen and they've had multiple games with similar scores.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

You're seeing the schools for what they used to be rather than what they are. I don't agree that Missouri and Baylor should be ranked 5-6 (yet) but they're far from the lucky teams you're portraying then to be.

Missouri has already taken down both Georgia and Florida; no small task. One game was with a backup qb. They're for real.

Baylor is still over 60 points a game outside of Kansas State and no other school has shown they're defense can stop the Bears. Plus they're defense has shown to be killer. 71-7 games don't just happen and they've had multiple games with similar scores.

Honestly, the only game I think Missouri loses is A&M. SC and Tennessee are at home, I still think the can win those after how they've played with Mauk the past 2 weeks. Ole Miss is intriguing, they seem to play much better at home. A&M could go either way. Then they lose to Alabama in Atlanta.

Baylor's not losing to TCU, or TTU for that matter. I think there' s a good chance they lose to either of the Oklahoma schools or Texas, they're definitely getting to 10 wins, though.

TTU is overrated, they've played a rather easy schedule, the best team they've beaten is TCU at home, they finish unranked at 7-5 or 8-4.

Auburn still has a tough schedule, they've already played through a bulk of their SEC West schedule. They've beaten both of the Mississippi schools, and A&M. They do play Tennessee and Georgia in the crossover, Georgia is at home, and the Vols are in Neyland. I see them losing 1 and winning 1 out of that, then they will lose the Iron Bowl.

I'll look at Miami while I'm here. If they play the FSU team I saw last night, they'll get whooped at Doak. My bias sees them losing to Virginia Tech, Stephen Morris is going to have a hard time getting the ball away from the Tech secondary.

So the records will look more like this IMO:

Missouri 10-3/11-2.Top 10

Baylor 10-2/11-1 Top 10

Texas Tech 7-5/8-4 NR

Auburn 9-3 Top 20

Miami 10-2 Top 10

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

BCS Top 25:

1. Alabama

2. Florida State

3. Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Missouri

6. Stanford

7. Miami

8. Baylor

9. Clemson

10. Texas Tech

11. Auburn

12. UCLA

13. LSU

14. Virginia Tech

15. Oklahoma

16. Texas A&M

17. Fresno State

18. Northern Illinois

19. Oklahoma State

20. Louisville

21. South Carolina

22. Michigan

23. UCF

24. Nebraska

25. Oregon State

EDIT: If Fresno State Northern Illinois, or both, finish ahead of the AAC or Big XII winner, the most likely to have the lowest conference winner from the Power 6 Conferences, will they get automatic BCS berths, like how NIU did last year? The reason I say this is because both FrSU and NIU are ahead of the top AAC teams (Louisville and UCF) and are really close to the top Big XII schools (TTU, Okla., Ok. State)

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I'm really happy about VT being #14 we jumped 5 spots and didn't even play anybody. Jumped 10 spots in the last 2 weeks, that's probably a testament to all the upsets that have gone around the past 2 weeks.

But Texas Tech will not last long in the Top 10, they're going to have a rude awakening on Saturday.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

BCS Top 25:

1. Alabama

2. Florida State

3. Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Missouri

6. Stanford

7. Miami

8. Baylor

9. Clemson

10. Texas Tech

11. Auburn

12. UCLA

13. LSU

14. Virginia Tech

15. Oklahoma

16. Texas A&M

17. Fresno State

18. Northern Illinois

19. Oklahoma State

20. Louisville

21. South Carolina

22. Michigan

23. UCF

24. Nebraska

25. Oregon State

EDIT: If Fresno State Northern Illinois, or both, finish ahead of the AAC or Big XII winner, the most likely to have the lowest conference winner from the Power 6 Conferences, will they get automatic BCS berths, like how NIU did last year? The reason I say this is because both FrSU and NIU are ahead of the top AAC teams (Louisville and UCF) and are really close to the top Big XII schools (TTU, Okla., Ok. State)

Uhh, the top Big XII team is ranked 8th...?

Also, only one non-Power 6 conference team is eligible for that automatic selection. Keep in mind that Fresno'll (likely) have to beat Boise again to run the table.

6fQjS3M.png

BCS Top 25:

1. Alabama

2. Florida State

3. Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Missouri

6. Stanford

7. Miami

8. Baylor

9. Clemson

10. Texas Tech

11. Auburn

12. UCLA

13. LSU

14. Virginia Tech

15. Oklahoma

16. Texas A&M

17. Fresno State

18. Northern Illinois

19. Oklahoma State

20. Louisville

21. South Carolina

22. Michigan

23. UCF

24. Nebraska

25. Oregon State

Also, only one non-Power 6 conference team is eligible for that automatic selection. Keep in mind that Fresno'll (likely) have to beat Boise again to run the table.

Boise's starting QB did break his ankle last night, so that's a potential aid for Fresno.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm stunned that Arizona State isn't ranked after beating the tar out of Washington.

I think the word is out that Washington isn't all that they were hyped to be...while their last two games have been losses to Stanford and Oregon, it wasn't going to help ASU that much.

We should have handled our business in Texas against ND and this wouldn't be an issue but we've still got UCLA and Oregon St. so plenty of time to beat ranked/quality opponents.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

BCS Top 25:

1. Alabama

2. Florida State

3. Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Missouri

6. Stanford

7. Miami

8. Baylor

9. Clemson

10. Texas Tech

11. Auburn

12. UCLA

13. LSU

14. Virginia Tech

15. Oklahoma

16. Texas A&M

17. Fresno State

18. Northern Illinois

19. Oklahoma State

20. Louisville

21. South Carolina

22. Michigan

23. UCF

24. Nebraska

25. Oregon State

D'oh! Whoops. Forgot about Baylor. Still, both are ahead of Louisville. I think if it came down to Fresno State and NIU, Fresno is more deserving.

BCS Top 25:

1. Alabama

2. Florida State

3. Oregon

4. Ohio State

5. Missouri

6. Stanford

7. Miami

8. Baylor

9. Clemson

10. Texas Tech

11. Auburn

12. UCLA

13. LSU

14. Virginia Tech

15. Oklahoma

16. Texas A&M

17. Fresno State

18. Northern Illinois

19. Oklahoma State

20. Louisville

21. South Carolina

22. Michigan

23. UCF

24. Nebraska

25. Oregon State

D'oh! Whoops. Forgot about Baylor. Still, both are ahead of Louisville. I think if it came down to Fresno State and NIU, Fresno is more deserving.

Central Florida is currently in the drivers seat for the "Bill the Cat Conference" autobid.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This has the potential to be one of the most bizarre BCS seasons ever.

Poetic justice, since the BCS is dead after this year?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived