I go to just a handful of sporting events a year, and generally two or three Sounders games. Perhaps of I went to more, as others do, I'd have a different opinion. I chuckle at the immaturity, but see how it could get annoying.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always found the first YSA of a match to be satisfying...however it rapidly becomes obnoxious as the game wears on and the goal kicks climb into the double digits.

I've attended MLS matches where, as the game wore on and the goals kicks piled up, YSA should have been directed less at the opposition keeper and more at the team who couldn't keep the fudging ball in play.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I always found the first YSA of a match to be satisfying...however it rapidly becomes obnoxious as the game wears on and the goal kicks climb into the double digits.

I've attended MLS matches where, as the game wore on and the goals kicks piled up, YSA should have been directed less at the opposition keeper and more at the team who couldn't keep the fudging ball in play.

Yea, I've heard that the YSA chant has been used often in Real Salt Lake/RioT games. I think it should be minimized, as there are better things to chant IMO.

Plus, You Suck :censored: is funny.

No. No it's not.

I mostly agree with you... I just think supporters groups should hold themselves to better standards than thinking it's an excuse to yell obscenities because they can. I don't even think I found that fun or funny at 20, never mind 37.

I also don't like the influx of Ultra-wannabes into American supporter culture. I've liked that we do things differently here, and I don't want to see that ruined by kids who saw Green Street and think it's cool.

I have a very bad feeling this is going to happen. You are already starting to see traces of it with Orlando & San Jose and I wouldn't be surprised if there is more of it going on elsewhere. US Soccer fans are building a good thing and I don't want it ruined. It is due to the actions of supporters that I am starting to get more interested in MLS than the NBA.

As for YSA, I am ambivalent to it (though MLS fans on reddit suggesting to replace it with "You Stink Poopyhead" or something to that effect did get a chuckle out of me), but I can see the MLS's view on it and why they are clamping down.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Plus, You Suck :censored: is funny.

No. No it's not.

I mostly agree with you... I just think supporters groups should hold themselves to better standards than thinking it's an excuse to yell obscenities because they can. I don't even think I found that fun or funny at 20, never mind 37.

I also don't like the influx of Ultra-wannabes into American supporter culture. I've liked that we do things differently here, and I don't want to see that ruined by kids who saw Green Street and think it's cool.

I have a very bad feeling this is going to happen. You are already starting to see traces of it with Orlando & San Jose and I wouldn't be surprised if there is more of it going on elsewhere. US Soccer fans are building a good thing and I don't want it ruined. It is due to the actions of supporters that I am starting to get more interested in MLS than the NBA.

As for YSA, I am ambivalent to it (though MLS fans on reddit suggesting to replace it with "You Stink Poopyhead" or something to that effect did get a chuckle out of me), but I can see the MLS's view on it and why they are clamping down.

Well there's already been opposition forming in San Jose to the Ultras from many regular fans who've had enough of their stupidity. Particularly after the asinine behavior of the Ultras in Portland earlier this year and the group's failure to punish those involved. With the Ultras now banned from traveling to away games one of their big selling points is gone. Add to that they've self-relegated themselves from the "supporters section" behind the goal in the new stadium opening next year to sit up in the second deck. On top of that a new supporters group, The Faultline, formed up in the wake of the Portland debacle that has a much tighter code of conduct for its members, and it has been growing. Frankly I think the Ultras are setting themselves up to be a niche or even non-existent part of the Earthquakes fan base in the near future if they don't drop the wannabe thug life act.

Is the Casbah no longer around?

Aside: I'll be at the Norwich game in SJ; you going to be there? I believe we're tailgating in lot 4.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Aside: I'll be at the Norwich game in SJ; you going to be there? I believe we're tailgating in lot 4.

Ever since the hiatus the Casbah have been a shell of their former selves. And they never seemed to be able to turn it around, which I think also contributed to the Faultline forming as an alternative to the increasingly vulgar and violent Ultras. And you can tell the Ultras feel the Faultine is a threat, unlike the old Casbah, because they've done nothing but attack the Faultline online and on social media since they were founded.

Does anyone have any knowledge on NASL expansion for 2015? I know OKC is a slam dunk. The local media here seems to think that Jax is as good as in. I am not so quick to believe. Jax does has a strong ownership right now but I would think the NASL would want to go more west. They seem to be flooded in the east,

Clustering teams has been the best thing MLS ever did. I wouldn't worry about a "Bettman Footprint".

I thought about that. I guess my concern is more of how sparse the west is rather than an overcrowded east. I'll be more than happy to take it.

I believe the nasl commissioner mentioned something about more Canadian teams as well. I know Calgary is probably next, and with IGF in Winnipeg and a new stadium coming in Hamilton, the league is allegedly open to more of us coming in.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Ever since the hiatus the Casbah have been a shell of their former selves. And they never seemed to be able to turn it around, which I think also contributed to the Faultline forming as an alternative to the increasingly vulgar and violent Ultras. And you can tell the Ultras feel the Faultine is a threat, unlike the old Casbah, because they've done nothing but attack the Faultline online and on social media since they were founded.

What a great way to show pride! Lets diss fans that do nothing but try and support the team as well as they can.

I know 95% of SJ fans are normal human beings but I truly feel for you with the knuckleheads at the Ultras. Posing for pictures in front of scarves you stole off other people doesn't make you hard as much as it just proves that you are a dick. Making tifo that promotes sexism doesn't make you edgy as much as it proves that you are a primitive :censored:wit.

Does anyone have any knowledge on NASL expansion for 2015? I know OKC is a slam dunk. The local media here seems to think that Jax is as good as in. I am not so quick to believe. Jax does has a strong ownership right now but I would think the NASL would want to go more west. They seem to be flooded in the east,

No reason to go west until they've got a group of teams doing it that can support a western division. That takes ownership, stadiums, etc... And so far they seem to have little of that on the west coast. As for the southeast, let them claim it for now then MLS swoops in when some teams have distinguished themselves with good support and cherry picks the most likely candidates. Worked great in the PNW.

Well, "west" in NASL currently means the Midwest. Having Indy and OKC coming in puts Minnesota on less of an island... and then there's Edmonton. There have been vague rumors of a Calgary team coming in. If that happens, it's cool, but I hope it doesn't return to the days of having games on back-to-back nights. (In 2007, a few of us followed the MN Thunder on a roadtrip: Thursday in Portland, Saturday in Seattle, Sunday in Vancouver.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Apparently the Garden State Ultras don't like Red Bull offering cash to stop YSA chants according to a statement made by a their leader.

http://www.empireofs...ulls-ysa-payoff

** Attention all GSU brothers and sisters **

A decision has been made regarding the future of our club. From this day forth GSU will not be accepting a single penny from the FO or Redbull. This of course will result in a lot of friction between us and the FO. But we stand strong together. This is our club, our city, our family. We will not be censored, we will not be bought.

During these trying times all we ask of you is to come hard. Come out, support your club and hold your head high and sing loud! It is recommended that all GSU members wear a bandana or some face cover for the upcoming games. As we all know the FO is on the lookout for “inappropriate” language and behavior. We say :censored: them! We will not be censored.

As far as YSA go’s, we think its a lame ass chant but, if you feel the need to do it to let the FO know there pieces of :censored: have at it.

United we stand divided we fall!

Gotta love bad grammar, terrible spelling, & pseudo-hardcore talk that makes people think this was written by a middle school kid.

Apparently the Garden State Ultras don't like Red Bull offering cash to stop YSA chants according to a statement made by a their leader.

A decision has been made regarding the future of our club. From this day forth GSU will not be accepting a single penny from the FO or Redbull. This of course will result in a lot of friction between us and the FO. But we stand strong together. This is our club, our city, our family. We will not be censored, we will not be bought.

During these trying times all we ask of you is to come hard. Come out, support your club and hold your head high and sing loud! It is recommended that all GSU members wear a bandana or some face cover for the upcoming games. As we all know the FO is on the lookout for “inappropriate” language and behavior. We say :censored: them! We will not be censored.

As far as YSA go’s, we think its a lame ass chant but, if you feel the need to do it to let the FO know there pieces of :censored: have at it.

Gotta love bad grammar, terrible spelling, & pseudo-hardcore talk that makes people think this was written by a middle school kid.

And this highlights the problem with many supporters groups. They have no love for the YSA chant, but they do have an issue with trying to get rid of what they themselves call a lame chant just because it's the FO trying to do it. Any reason to hate the FO and be confrontational and these dip :censored:s will take it. And if a chance doesn't exist they go out of their way to create one. Frankly MLS should just go full EPL and snuff out these dumb :censored:s before they go any further.

And this highlights the problem with many supporters groups. They have no love for the YSA chant, but they do have an issue with trying to get rid of what they themselves call a lame chant just because it's the FO trying to do it. Any reason to hate the FO and be confrontational and these dip :censored:s will take it. And if a chance doesn't exist they go out of their way to create one. Frankly MLS should just go full EPL and snuff out these dumb :censored:s before they go any further.

Unfortunately the MLS is still in a position where they need as many fans as they can get.

However I would start to create some restrictions on GSU if I was the Red Bulls. It would be completely justified as they are behaving like bratty children.

Why the crap do you even have supporters groups? I mean yes they do it in Europe so of course we must do it here, but a significant chunk of those are identified with political movements, xenophobia, nationalism, in addition to your general mayhem and crime. Maybe the correct course is for MLS teams to sever all formal or informal ties with these groups.

Of course, if these groups are so ideologically opposed to doing things because "the man" tells them to do so, maybe they should be the ones cutting ties.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived