Crushing end for the Rowdies. Glad the Silverbacks managed to get a late penalty to escape Ft. Lauderdale with 3 points or it would have been a climb to get back to the top.

Unsurprisingly, the Strikers couldn't get anything right. That July 4 Minnesota/Atlanta matchup's starting to loom quite large.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chivas USA and Toronto FC would be in line for relegation if the MLS was run like the English Premiere league.

Yes? And? So would DC United.

Rowdies have been awful late in the game. Also the Portland-Dallas game was really good yesterday. Also Mokba, you were in a KickTV video on the Hex in Jamaica

True but DC United has four titles and made it to the semis last year, this is just a bad season. Toronto FC and Chivas have never been good and appear to ahve no plan to improve.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Is there a stream for the Cosmos game tonight against Newtown?

I am curious to see how this team plays. They may be my team, until NYCFC comes, and hope that I can see an Energy Drink vs Cosmos Open Cup game some day.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Good three points for the USMNT tonight. An ugly game at times but the best teams tend to pull out these type of results. Just about there. Speaking about that...

I wont be shocked and it will be a disaster for USA soccer, and Fox and their World Cup TV in 2014. Heads will be rolling like soccer balls for sure. BTW look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the start of the thread I said the USA wont qualify for the 2014 World Cup.

Alright Tank. I'll pay you $100 if the US misses the World Cup and you can pay me $100 if the US finishes in first place. Otherwise, bet's off. Deal?

Good thing you didn't take that bet, Tank. :P

6fQjS3M.png

Hey I was wrong and I am glad, I just heard some things early about Klinsman that I thought would cause the USMNT to implode.Jozy Altidore has been a beast and is carrying this team right now. So I guess you can say they will be going to Rio.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They finally bought into Jurgen, and they're going to keep getting better. Getting all 9 points in this stretch is huge for the Hex, and huge for the team. Mexico will be a huge test, and hopefully we can make their trip to Brazil a harder one. Hopefully the Gold Cup will continue to bring these guys together.

But until then

tumblr_momgpb2VjS1qe2dhgo1_500.jpg

The US team has some serious momentum in the hexagonal. Only thing that could make it better for the US is if they beat Mexico.

Which I believe we will if the team comes out in September like they did this month. To make it even better it looks like we can clinch a birth in the Mexico game. That is, unless Jamaica somehow wins at Honduras....I could see Rickets pitching a shutout there.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

.Jozy Altidore has been a beast and is carrying this team right now.

It's great to see Altidore doing well for himself, both for club and country.

Altidore had a loan spell with us a few years back and never really got going - he was a hard working player and became rather popular with the supporters, but his finishing was rather wasteful at times and he only managed two goals over the course of the season. But he looks to have really come on over the last couple of years.

• 2 weeks later...

The NASL is down to three teams to win the spring season title with one week to go. Carolina, Atlanta, and San Antonio are the only three left in the race. Carolina and San Antonio play each other, while Atlanta plays at Minnesota. There are a bunch of scenarios that are possible, but here's the one I want.

Atlanta beats Minnesota. San Antonio beats Carolina. Atlanta wins the spring title and hosts the Soccer Bowl.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

The NASL is down to three teams to win the spring season title with one week to go. Carolina, Atlanta, and San Antonio are the only three left in the race. Carolina and San Antonio play each other, while Atlanta plays at Minnesota. There are a bunch of scenarios that are possible, but here's the one I want.

Atlanta beats Minnesota. San Antonio beats Carolina. Atlanta wins the spring title and hosts the Soccer Bowl.

Man, this is a far cry from when this team would basically go out and get clobbered every weekend a couple of years ago. There's been a complete change of culture ever since Wynalda's brief stint in charge when he brought in his crew, and now it's paying off. It's a beautiful thing, even if they don't win the Spring title.

The Atlanta Silverbacks have captured the NASL 2013 Spring Season Championship. Atlanta's 3-0 win over Minnesota United FC, combined with the Carolina RailHawks' 2-0 loss to the San Antonio Scorpions, clinched the NASL first-half crown for the Silverbacks. As a result, Atlanta will play host to the 2013 NASL Soccer Bowl against the winners of the Fall Season Championship.

The Atlanta Silverbacks have captured the NASL 2013 Spring Season Championship. Atlanta's 3-0 win over Minnesota United FC, combined with the Carolina RailHawks' 2-0 loss to the San Antonio Scorpions, clinched the NASL first-half crown for the Silverbacks. As a result, Atlanta will play host to the 2013 NASL Soccer Bowl against the winners of the Fall Season Championship.

So proud of everyone involved. Glad to be a minor part of this season.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Not that Minnesota did a damned thing to deserve anything out of last night's game, but Atlanta's players were classless floppers and whiners.

Twitter today reveals the Atlanta Ultras to be a no-class group, not that there's any surprise.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

When are "ultras" not a no-class group?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived