There will be a first-half champion and a second-half champion based on records in each half, and those two clubs will face off in the championship game after the season.

What if both halves are won by the same team?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There will be a first-half champion and a second-half champion based on records in each half, and those two clubs will face off in the championship game after the season.

In what competition?

I guess that the second highest placed team plays them or they just win automatically

In what competition?

The NASL

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Yeah Sons of Ben is older than Philly Union. But I've heard a lot of bad stories about OCFC fans from Ralph's Mob. I remember watching a video where they were spitting on people and picking fights while walking up the ramp to even get into the stadium. If they were the first South Eastern team to make it into the modern MLS, I would still continue to loathe them.

Also, what happens with the NASL being a split season? I was looking for games to go to, and theres a month in between the last of the first part, and start of the second. Is there a tournament or?

I'm actually specifically not getting season tickets for the Indy Eleven because of the midseason break they take. Being in college in a few months, I can't make it to many (if any) pre-May or post-August matches and while I'd do it for 4/6 months, taking the large break means I can't really make it seem worthwhile to buy season tickets.

/Also, the Brickyard Battalion pre-dates the founding of the Eleven by a decent margin. I think it's part of why we've got a team.

6fQjS3M.png

The US were all over the net early, and Jozy scored in the 30th

tumblr_mo24gwJ3E11r1fq7do1_500.gif

then Jamaica scored on a free kick, no gif but the guy who was offsides headed it past Timmy with a few minutes left

tumblr_mo25e3ySFs1snjp0co1_500.jpg

Then after everyone was pissed on twitter, Evans scored on a pass from Michael Bradley right after a corner

tumblr_mo24xpOq031r1fq7do1_500.gif

Also, I wish these games weren't on BeIN sports

Apparently the Quebec Soccer Federation had a ban on turbans, and the Canadian Soccer Association pretty much told them to piss off with that when Sikh players started having trouble (understandibly).

hi-aneelsamra-852-8col.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2013/06/07/montreal-quebec-soccer-federation-turban-ban-canadian-soccer-association.html

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

From the NASL's website.

"in the event the same team wins both competitions, the team with the second-best record for the full year’s games"

Bummed that the Silverbacks only got a draw with Edmonton last Saturday. Atlanta needs to get a win against the Strikers this weekend. Then the last three matches are against the other top 3 teams.

I see both sides to the split season debate. It's cool because these next four games are huge for the teams near the top. But as an intern standpoint, it sucks because it's going to be harder for me to work when I go back to school. Wish there were games in July I could work. Instead we'll just have mindless office work. Not that I'm complaining, it's an awesome gig.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yep. Those guys really rustle my jimmies.

Orlando City FC "supporters" are a joke. I was at the Orlando-Tampa Bay preseason match in St Pete and they were downright horrendous.

I get the fact that support clubs are diehards, but they took it to an unnecessary level.

It wasn't that bad, not as bad as Turner Field was in September from the play-in game. The Costa Ricians are a bunch of babies too, look what they tried to pull in the snow game.

Also, how about the USMNT?!?! Jozy is on fire!!!!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

They seriously played really good. Beasley(right?) banged one off the post. They played a whole 90 minute match and dominated the whole time.

Jozy's goal, right after a blown call that should've awarded him a PK

tumblr_mo9grfbp7l1r1fq7do1_500.gif

And here is Eddie Johnson's infront of the hometown fans(who were GREAT)

tumblr_mo9isjWVjh1r1fq7do1_500.gif

Stay classy Mexico. The fans threw bottles on the field which resulted in 7 minutes extra. Another scoreless tie at Azteca it looks like.

At least Costa Rica knows it could have been worse; the U.S. team gets grenades, Molotovs and flares thrown at them every single time they play at Mexico City.

Archived