• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goddammit, Mac. You had me going for a second. Well played. :)

Interesting that the Revs would do this. Raysfan, is that Andrew Farrell any good?

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Goddammit, Mac. You had me going for a second. Well played. :)

Interesting that the Revs would do this. Raysfan, is that Andrew Farrell any good?

He is really good and was a contributing factor for Louisville's run to the Elite Eight this year's tournament.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Gold Cup 2013 venues have been announced.

0,,12813~11590332,00.jpg

I really do wish they'd change this to be every four years, preferably the even years between World Cups, a la Euro.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

USL Pro is more like your traditional North American minor league where the big clubs will send their prospects down for playing time, and can call them up when they need to than anything in European soccer.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Expansion? Maybe.

But promotion and relegation? No way. How will American cities react when the stadiums they built are no longer used by top-flight clubs?

No if anything this partnership won't lead to pro/rel, it'll lead to MLB/NBA/NHL style minor league systems. Which frankly I'm ok with, it's the North American way. As for NASL, they'll either eventually fold into MLS or fad into irrelevance. Probably a little of both with MLS continuing to pick and choose their best teams while the rest of the league languishes.

It can't fade into irrelevance - every soccer pyramid needs a second division.

The best markets might continue to be absorbed into MLS, but that's a feature, not a bug. They'll just have to develop new ones.

Who says we need a soccer pyramid? It sure hasn't worked in this country so far. If MLS continues along this path and creates a true minor league system...

Andy Najar becomes the first MLS Homegrown player to transfer to Europe after being sold to RSC Anderlecht the Belgian Champions today. So sad but that kid has so much potential. DCU certainly got a return on their investment with a transfer fee north of 2M for a player they got lucky to see play in a pick up game.

Best of luck to Andy!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Andy Najar becomes the first MLS Homegrown player to transfer to Europe after being sold to RSC Anderlecht the Belgian Champions today. So sad but that kid has so much potential. DCU certainly got a return on their investment with a transfer fee north of 2M for a player they got lucky to see play in a pick up game.

Best of luck to Andy!

Unfortunately, this is perhaps the largest thing hindering American soccer at this point in time—Najar's Honduran but lived in the US when discovered. What if there's been an American "Messi" and nobody discovered him? The country is, in many ways, too big.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived