Raiders logo design

Marco E.

Here is a design I did sometime last year for a redesigned Oakland Raider logo.

The design is not a complete departure from the current logo. It still keeps the main elements (shield, swords, old style helmet). The main difference is the smiley face being replaced with a skull. I replaced the Raiders name with a thinner more spaced out font. I always thought the type in the current logo seemed way too heavy.

There is also a simple secondary logo using the sword which I think could work well on apparel and various other branded materials...

oakland_raiders_logo_concepts.jpg

• 1 month later...

I love this logo. It has an "Army of Darkness" type of feel to it. This would be a highly marketable update as well. I bet the Raiders would sell a ton of stuff with this skull logo on it.

mainescarf.png

Really, really nice.

The secondary sort of reminds me of the Bucs.

Point of fact, the Raiders' higher-ups tried a lawsuit to force the ownership in Tampa to change the Bucs' name. They felt it infringed on the Raiders' pirate theme. The suit was deemed frivolous and thrown out. Personally, I've always seen the Raiders as more of a Berserker-type theme, so I think their logo infringes on the Vikings, but that's neither here nor there.

When the Raiders and Buccaneers faced each other in the Super Bowl, I went to the party dressed as a pirate, because I didn't have a favourite, and that way I could support both teams. :)

rATMcmK.png

I love it. The only problem is that it would draw comparisons to the Bucs. It's definitely better and far more fitting than the Raiders' current super intimidating smiling pirate logo.

I agree, the sword is what takes it to level. I like the skull, though I love what the raiders logo is currently.

• 1 month later...

very nice work. i agree it looks a bit too cartoonish. its the helmet and swords. the shapes have been simplified and rounded just a bit too much. if you bring back some of the authentic shapes and edges there it will match the skull and attitude much better. i would probably delete the shadow on the skull too. that might be a mess in embroidery and smaller sizes

i think the type is fine but maybe try one with slightly wider characters. i think some of that space needs to be filled in more

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

very nice work. i agree it looks a bit too cartoonish. its the helmet and swords. the shapes have been simplified and rounded just a bit too much. if you bring back some of the authentic shapes and edges there it will match the skull and attitude much better. i would probably delete the shadow on the skull too. that might be a mess in embroidery and smaller sizes

i think the type is fine but maybe try one with slightly wider characters. i think some of that space needs to be filled in more

I agree with all of this & actually thought about posting this yesterday but did not have the time.

Those small changes would make this an excellent rebrand for da' Raiders

Archived