Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

I really like Mike Reilly. Hope he can get that job in Edmonton. Finally, a team with a worse QB situation than us Bombers. Look out if Buck can stay healthy for a full season, good things will happen!

But if he can't nobody can replace him, becuase Alex Brink is gone.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. Schedule dynamics with 9 teams are much more interesting than with 8 teams, as there would ideally be 3-team groupings.

Each team would play each other twice, followed by one more against each of the two teams in your pod. So, for example:

POD 1: BC-EDM-CGY

POD 2: SSK-WPG-MTL

POD 3: OTT-TOR-HAM

So, in essence, if Hamilton plays two away and one home against Toronto one year, they'd play two home games and one away against Ottawa, etc...

The home-away allotment then flips the following season for fairness. I'm not sure which team would get left out of Labour Day games, though. Probably Ottawa, until a tenth team is added.

Nobody likes your "pod" idea. Divisions made up of only 2-3 teams is pretty stupid. I say just either keep the 2 uneven divisions, or add another expansion team eventually. Maybe add a team to Halifax, and move the Bombers to the West? Or give Saskatoon it's own team? I don't know too much about possible CFL expansion cities.

And go Riders! (gotta root for Ryan's bro)

Yeah. Schedule dynamics with 9 teams are much more interesting than with 8 teams, as there would ideally be 3-team groupings.

Each team would play each other twice, followed by one more against each of the two teams in your pod. So, for example:

So, in essence, if Hamilton plays two away and one home against Toronto one year, they'd play two home games and one away against Ottawa, etc...

The home-away allotment then flips the following season for fairness. I'm not sure which team would get left out of Labour Day games, though. Probably Ottawa, until a tenth team is added.

Nobody likes your "pod" idea. Divisions made up of only 2-3 teams is pretty stupid. I say just either keep the 2 uneven divisions, or add another expansion site. Maybe add a team to Halifax, and move the Bombers to the West? Or give Saskatoon it's own team? I don't know too much about possible CFL expansion cities.

The next team would be either in Québec or the Maritimes, which would push the Bombers to the West, if they're not already there (they were there the last time around with Ottawa). So BC/EDM/CGY/SAS/WPG and TOR/HAM/OTT/MTL/XXX when the league eventually gets to 10 teams.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I really like Mike Reilly. Hope he can get that job in Edmonton. Finally, a team with a worse QB situation than us Bombers. Look out if Buck can stay healthy for a full season, good things will happen!

But if he can't nobody can replace him, becuase Alex Brink is gone.

Cutting Elliott and Brink was just one of the many asinine things Joe Mack has done since coming back to Winnipeg. Justin Goltz is still on the roster, I'd expect him to be the two and Max Hall or Chris Clement to be the third.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nobody likes your "pod" idea. Divisions made up of only 2-3 teams is pretty stupid. I say just either keep the 2 uneven divisions, or add another expansion team eventually. Maybe add a team to Halifax, and move the Bombers to the West? Or give Saskatoon it's own team? I don't know too much about possible CFL expansion cities.

And go Riders! (gotta root for Ryan's bro)

It's not a realignment - it's just a way to set up the schedule, and is no different from the current schedule, where (with 8 teams), you play 4 opponents twice (opposite division), 2 opponents 3 times (same division), and one 4 times (same division). Divisions would stay East and West, with 4 and 5 teams - you'd just play all teams twice, plus the two designated ones in your schedule once extra because the schedule is 18 games long, and playing the other 8 teams twice only adds up to 16.

I echo the sentiment that if the league grows to ten teams, the schedule would be incredibly easy to figure out. Nine opponents - play everyone twice (probably play your rival on Labour Day Weekend, and again to close the season).

I can't help thinking something simpler, like the Ottawa Jacks, would have worked better with the logging theme they want to reference. They could even have a jack rabbit for a mascot.

But no, that doesn't start with an "R"...

It simply can't be done over here.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

which would push the Bombers to the West, if they're not already there (they were there the last time around with Ottawa).

I don't see them not swtching Winnipeg back to the West--it makes sense--so wait...

maybe they won't do it...

:therock:

No, I think they will, and they should.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Yeah, Winnipeg is Closer to Calgary than the GTA, so It would only be logical.

However, a conference where all teams are within 700km of each other gives them a strong advantage over the west travel-wise.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Chris Williams has refused to report to TiCats camp and has been suspended by the team.

THIS SUCKS

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

which would push the Bombers to the West, if they're not already there (they were there the last time around with Ottawa).

I don't see them not swtching Winnipeg back to the West--it makes sense--so wait...

maybe they won't do it...

:therock:

No, I think they will, and they should.

Of course they will. Winnipeg only came east because the old Montreal Alouettes folded. They moved west for a season when the new Alouettes and old Ottawa Rough Riders overlapped for a season. When the Rough Riders folded in 1997 the Bombers once again moved east. During Ottawa Renegades brief existence from 2002 to 2005, Winnipeg once again went west. With that history, it's a given the Bombers will once again finish out of the playoffs in the West in 2014...

Chris Williams has refused to report to TiCats camp and has been suspended by the team.

THIS SUCKS

Not unexpected, Drew Edwards in his Scratching Post blog has been posting about the possibility since February. CHCH just reported that the arbitrator has ruled in favour of the Cats, so I expect Williams will be sitting for the season....

tigercatssignature-1.png

What I like about the RedBlacks is, it isn't pretending to be something it's not. You knew they were going to be an R team, you knew it had to make sense in English and in French, and you knew they were going to use a red and black color scheme. It suits every need.

I'll save full judgment for the uniform unveiling, but honestly, the only real issue I have at the moment is that the name is RedBlacks but the uniforms will likely be predominantly black. Minor dissonance, but one I can deal with.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Judging by the lack of buzz, it's looking unlikely that Tim Tebow is going to Montreal to challenge Adrian McPherson for the backup job there.

Adrian McPherson is no longer with the Als, which sucks because he's a great QB. I don't think Tebow will play for the Als.

I guess that means three more titles for Toronto. :D

Not while there's at least one breath in my body. GO ALS!!!!

Archived