Canadian Football League 2013 Season

walby2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I will like the name Ottawa Redblacks but as long as the team has a good logo (that Big R with the small B inside would be perfect enough but ehh)... as for the Bombers I do hope they have learnt their lessons and will be watching for sure... As for the Argos showing that old jersey I would love to see the old Argos boat logo be the main one, I like that logo so bring it back and replace that A shield logo...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Judging by the lack of buzz, it's looking unlikely that Tim Tebow is going to Montreal to challenge Adrian McPherson for the backup job there.

The general consensus seems to be that Tebow is not cut out for the CFL which is well known as a passing league, but I have to admit I'd be intrigued to see him suit up here. I mean, he couldn't be any worse than some of the stiffs that the Bombers (for example) have brought in as backups over the past few years. And the bigger field with more movement might give him a little more margin for error. It would certainly add a little spice to the 2013 season.

Judging by the lack of buzz, it's looking unlikely that Tim Tebow is going to Montreal to challenge Adrian McPherson for the backup job there.

The general consensus seems to be that Tebow is not cut out for the CFL which is well known as a passing league, but I have to admit I'd be intrigued to see him suit up here. I mean, he couldn't be any worse than some of the stiffs that the Bombers (for example) have brought in as backups over the past few years. And the bigger field with more movement might give him a little more margin for error. It would certainly add a little spice to the 2013 season.

How is the media buzz for Tebow like in Canada?

I can not imagine it to be nearly as much as in the States (lucky you) with his fundie fanboys but I am still curious.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I'd kinda like to see him in an Eskies uniform...

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

How is the media buzz for Tebow like in Canada?

I can not imagine it to be nearly as much as in the States (lucky you) with his fundie fanboys but I am still curious.

The day that the Jets released him there was a bit of a media buzz about Tebow's CFL prospects, but his CFL rightsholder (Montreal Alouettes) did its best to throw cold water on the idea. Montreal's GM Jim Popp said the Als would welcome Tebow to compete for a backup job which was obviously a huge buzzkill, and the story just kind of fizzled from there.

I think there is probably more interest in having Tebow on a CFL roster than the league GMs let on... maybe Montreal isn't that keen on him given that they already have a living legend as a starter and a proven backup, but you can't tell me that there wouldn't be interest in having Tebow compete for a job in the cities that lack a bona fide undisputed starter. Edmonton and Winnipeg are the most obvious places in that category, but even Calgary and Saskatchewan could have room for him. Tebow has a big upside and his name could help sell some tickets.

Montreal is likely asking a huge price for Tebow's CFL rights so not surprisingly the GMs who you'd think would be interested in making a deal are keeping their poker faces on for now.

Tebow would only sell jerseys up here. Don't need that pity attention for this league, plus there's probably no chance of him doing well for maybe more than a season before the CFL lustre wears off, seen it many times before in this league.

I like it the way everything is now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Hmm... Nice to see that they're doing another game in Moncton. Maybe it'll give the CFL a reason to give the Atlantic region another crack at a franchise there.

I'm wondering though: Is there a chance to have a US network (say, NBC Sports Network) pick up some games again?

Kyle Quinlan is not going pro. Chooses to join coaching staff at McMaster.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3249469-why-kyle-quinlan-isn-t-going-pro/

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I can't help thinking something simpler, like the Ottawa Jacks, would have worked better with the logging theme they want to reference. They could even have a jack rabbit for a mascot.

Ricky Ray signed to an extension that will keep him in Toronto through 2015. We gave you a precious gift, Argos, use it well.

I guess that means three more titles for Toronto. :D

Meanwhile the Eskies already released Jyles, the suckiest QB I've seen in the CFL in a while, and are now relying on Mike Rielly(who?) and Matt Nichols(backup anywhere else).

I really like Mike Reilly. Hope he can get that job in Edmonton. Finally, a team with a worse QB situation than us Bombers. Look out if Buck can stay healthy for a full season, good things will happen!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived