Logo updates

nash61

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought this was the laziest upgrade. It looks like they took their old version and let illustrator outline it in image trace. Awful.

Not really. There are some smalle but noticeable difference and it's clear that they created some of it from scratch. Like the original Dolphins logos, this original was a good idea which was incredibly sloppy. Their clean-up was perfect in my mind.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The newest one to join the fold.

7454.png9268_california_golden_bears-alternate-2013.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

w1fg0m8ueoeb9oc0obh0boe3l.gifh3m01xif2aesnqfw1ex5fif5q.gif

I definitely prefer the first logo much more.

Seconded. Definite DOWNgrade.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My Australian Rules football club changed their logo in 2000.

Port-Adelaide-logo-1997.gifPort-Adelaide-logo-2001.gif

The club is the Port Adelaide Power, and had moved up from a state league (where we were known as the magpies) to the national league in 1997. Another club in the AFL is already the magpies, so we changed to the Power. Because of the original logo we were getting called Port Power a lot, and the club wanted to stop the use of Port Power and emphasize that we are Port Adelaide and have been around for 140 years.

aygjgdxtxng8mgeyh3d0i1sc7.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

237.gif56.gif

6380.gif124.gif

fg1lx64zz806v9yqg32x559ec.gif199.gif

6795.gif144.gif

Mmmmm

It depends on your own definition of upgrade. I see it as the result of make changes to a logo in the same time frame.

To compare a 1920 Canadiens CH to the current one is too easy. Same can be said for the Wings, Hawks and Rangers.

Now, guess what? I never liked the 70's (therefore current) Maple Leafs logo. I don't like that strange leaf shape. By far, the 60's leaf would be the upgrade to the current one and the currect Leafs alternate is fantastic.. Go figure!

I know, I am "old school"

aygjgdxtxng8mgeyh3d0i1sc7.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

237.gif56.gif

6380.gif124.gif

fg1lx64zz806v9yqg32x559ec.gif199.gif

6795.gif144.gif

Mmmmm

It depends on your own definition of upgrade. I see it as the result of make changes to a logo in the same time frame.

To compare a 1920 Canadiens CH to the current one is too easy. Same can be said for the Wings, Hawks and Rangers.

Now, guess what? I never liked the 70's (therefore current) Maple Leafs logo. I don't like that strange leaf shape. By far, the 60's leaf would be the upgrade to the current one and the currect Leafs alternate is fantastic.. Go figure!

I know, I am "old school"

No it doesn't. Read the thread title again. UpDATE not UpGRADE.

Archived