2013 NBA Playoffs

JMurr

• Replies 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I had a final tonight so I only so the first eight minutes, but winning Game 1 on the road is huge. I still think they need Deng and/or Hinrich back to actually have a shot, but they're in a position to actually have a chance. Lucky for me, my only other final is during Game 2.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Regardless, with Chicago having procured home court in time for Game 3, I can picture a grand entrance for Derrick Rose's return.

That said, Miami pretty much played their worst tonight. Clearly not on top of their game after the long layoff. It's going to be difficult for Chicago to double up, but it does create some interesting storylines heading into Game 2.

spacer.png

Well the only way your going to be a team like Miami is to win every game when they are not on their A game.

The Bulls winning percentage needs to be 100% in games like this. If they lost tonight, they would be in big trouble, but with them winning, now they may have a chance. It could resemble something like the Mayweather/Guerrero fight where Guerrero won the first round and then got destroyed once Mayweather got going, but it at least gives them hope that this unit can in fact beat them even without Rose or Deng.

Did Reggie Miller (Is he calling the game) just just pronounce Curry's first name as Stef-on?

Edit: Sounds like Chris Webber. And let the Warriors "We're bored so we need to let the other team back the game" run commence.

When I saw the Heat/Bulls score:

IJPX6WN.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This has to be one of the best NBA games I've seen in a while.

That play Pop designed was great.

Spurs game staff overly relies on the use of the "Rocky" soundtracks and too much music when either team has the ball. It is VERY annoying.

Manu atones.

I cannot believe the Warriors left him that open. Are you kidding me?

They did that to Green also at the end of regulation, leaving him wide open.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

And, so, the Spurs come back from a 16 point deficit late in the 4th, and extend their home streak to 30 against Golden State. That's going to be a horrible pill for the Warriors to swallow tonight.

Between this game and the Blues/Kings game, I'm giving the remote some much needed rest after this.

spacer.png

Huge game, but damn the Spurs wearing those grey abominations makes me ill. Just an awful look. Their home whites are among the best in sports.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Somehow, I feel as if the NBA Finals are the Spurs and Heat, the LeBron-slobbering media will paint him and Miami as the "saint/humanitarian/Mother Teresa/Nobel Peace Prize" athlete and team, while San Antonio will be stamped with the "evil/Satan/terrorist/jihad/pedophile/anti-American" ball club label.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

This might be a first, a Lights Out comment in which I laughed out loud. Hard enough in fact, that it startled my dog. That post is f***ing brilliant man.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Huge game, but damn the Spurs wearing those grey abominations makes me ill. Just an awful look. Their home whites are among the best in sports.

I don't know where I would rank the Spurs home jersey, but I do agree that white at home should be mandatory. I'd grandfather the Lakers in, but that's about it.

The Spurs are one of those teams that has a third jersey it seems for the sake of having a third jersey. It looks terrible and in no way meshes with their regular home or away jersey.

That aside, to me this was the opposite outcome of the Bulls/Heat game. I didn't think it was a must win for the Warriors coming into the game but when your up by double digits late on the road in game one, it becomes a must win game. The team that wins more on the road, wins the series 9 times out of 10, because in a lot of series the road team may only have a realistic chance of winning one or two games. So when you lose a game like that, you may not get a second chance to win a game on the road and Golden State has to win at least one game in San Antonio to win the series.

Spurs game staff overly relies on the use of the "Rocky" soundtracks and too much music when either team has the ball. It is VERY annoying.

As annoying as the use of Guns N' Roses songs (mainly "Welcome to the Jungle") at Boston sports teams' venues?

Word around the campfire is that Rose will finally dress for game 3.

twitter

Archived