Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

Kings looked pretty good in this period, except for that Shaw goal, where they seemed strangely resigned to the inevitability of him scoring on that chance. They've played smart, kept it simple. Hawks are just a lot for them to handle.

Great moments in HFBoards:

Im watching the kings game and the bench that the blackhawks use in the 1st and 3rd appear to be extending into their defensive zone more than the visitor bench. Wouldnt this allow the hawks to change lines easier if caught in their zone or retrieve a new stick?

They don't change benches in the second period. The goalies change ends. Maybe Im should do a better job watching.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This should be interesting, as Quick hasn't seen an elite offense in the playoffs since the Canucks last year

Yes, the admiral, it should be interesting! Good post. You're a guy who's good at posting.

This is like the end of the 2010 WCQF against Vancouver.

Strombone

‏@strombone1

Major déjà vue just now....... #becauseitsthecup

Luongo agrees.

This is all great fun but the Kings are still perfectly capable of winning two at home, seeing as they retired from losing at home or something. Richards should be back by then, since he at least made it to warmups today and his scratching was only a gametime decision. Gotta say, though, I like what I've seen from the Hawks.

Engblom: you don't make it to the Stanley Cup Finals with just two lines *COUGH-COUGH* sharks *COUGH-COUGH*

In nearly 100 minutes of play, the Kings have netted one goal -- an own goal scored by Chicago.

And just as I post this, the Kings put a meaningless puck past Crawford. Of course.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't think LA will win this, I think they can, not a chance, but I feel that Chicago will edge out a win here, blow LA out of the water as the Kings eff up

It's when it goes to Hollywood that it's going to get interesting "interesting" for the Kings.

fixed

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Archived