Rite of Spring 2013 (NHL Playoffs): "You have no fear of the underdog, that's why you will not survive."

CS85

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I have a tingling feeling of wanting Kings-Leafs in the Cup Final?

I'd like some input from Ducks fans as to how so many Wings fans were able to snag tickets to tonight's game.

I could probably guess one factor: the lack of local media hype on the Anaheim side, since the last couple of days, the sports shows were still enamored with the Lakers/Clippers playoff disappointments as the top stories, followed by the Dodgers/Angels, then the TPC, followed by hockey.

Wow! I was crushed when the Habs and Bruins flip-flopped the #2 and #4 seeds, taking away a Leafs/Habs matchup. But not only has this series been incredibly entertaining, but the Leafs have done far better than I thought they would. I was thinking "Bruins in 6" without a doubt and was surprised at how many people were picking Toronto to win. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if the Leafs took Game 7, man, how crazy that would be. Go Leafs Go!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Haven't decided yet which team is the lesser of the 2 evils that I will be pulling for, in game 7.

I had the same problem with you guys! (For the record, I cheered for rooted against Ottawa less).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'm baffled by the Detroit-Ducks game. Is it an Anaheim home game, because I've seen two goals scored by Detroit and the building exploded in excitement. Where are the Ducks fans? Seriously Duck fans, you can't even show up for game 7 at home? If the Ducks lose, this loss is 100% on Duck fans and their lack of showing up and supporting their own team. This is something that Duck fans can control, buy the friggin' tickets.

Not saying the Anaheim crowd tonight isn't shameful (it has been all season for a team of this caliber), but if there were a causal relationship between attendance and performance, the Coyotes would have been a lot more pathetic and a lot less annoying from 2009-12.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm baffled by the Detroit-Ducks game. Is it an Anaheim home game, because I've seen two goals scored by Detroit and the building exploded in excitement. Where are the Ducks fans? Seriously Duck fans, you can't even show up for game 7 at home? If the Ducks lose, this loss is 100% on Duck fans and their lack of showing up and supporting their own team. This is something that Duck fans can control, buy the friggin' tickets.

So the Ducks are not held accountable for their game? While I would agree that it doesn't help the cause that Ducks fans are not as engaged as maybe they should be, the fans don't play the game. If the Ducks are waiting for their fans to get excited to start scoring - that's the wrong approach.

Edit: Also it just seems inevitable that Detroit and Chicago playing one more playoff series in the Western Conference before the Red Wings head to the Eastern Conference next season. Game isn't over, but to me it just has that feeling to it right now.

There are loads of Wings fans in every city -- especially in the southwest and southeast. I still don't understand why this is so surprising to people (probably because no one watches PHX or TBL vs. DET games :P)

Archived