2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jagr signs 1-year deal with Jersey. How many teams has he played for lately?

Prediction: He winds up signing with the Panthers for the 2014-15 season. Then this:

yeahhhjoke_zpsdfdd17e4.png?t=1374513782

Jagr to the Devils on a 1-year deal.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/9498996/jaromir-jagr-agrees-one-year-deal-new-jersey-devils-source-said

Not sure what his thinking was/is. I imagine at least a couple playoff teams/Stanley cup contenders were after him.

They have a decent top 6, but don't have a remote chance of anything. Obviously he'll be traded at the deadline again. Hopefully to the Habs.

sig.png

In a way, it's almost refreshing that a player as astoundingly accomplished as Jaromir Jagr isn't out chasing one last ring. He just suits up wherever someone asks him to because he can be paid in the high six/low seven figures to keep himself in shape and stay in nice hotels, all while being a shadow of his former self that still eclipses many players' current selves. It's like being in a rec league, but with a lot more awesome.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hope the Jets have enough players signed to field a team by then. What is Cheveldayoff doing? exploring the various ways he can put his thumb up his ass?

In his defense, he's gotta wait and see how his big ticket RFAs shake out before he can do much of anything. Bryan Little is asking 5.5M, the Jets are countering at 3.25M. Is Little worth what he;'s asking? God no, and to think he wants more than Ladd makes is silly, but multiply this process by Bogo, Wheeler, and whoever else is left, and you can see where he wants to see where his budget sits before he does anything ca-razy.

And yes, I think the Jets should be making a run at Grabo, say a 2 year 7.5M deal, because he'll be nice insurance if Scheifele decides he needs another year or two in St John's before making the big jump. Right now, Olli is the #3 center behind Little and Scheifele, but if Baby Hawerchuk isn't good to go yet, plebs are needed.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Babcock to coach Canada in 2014 with Julien, Ruff, and Hitchcock his assistants.

Also: Goalies invited to the camp are Crawford (yay), Price (meh), Luongo (NO!), Smith (*sniff*) and Holtby (*weeps*). I can think of half a dozen others I'd take before Smith and Holtby.

EDIT: Full prelim roster

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think the Devils are the new Flames. They just seem like with adding a guy like Jagr they are fine with not being last, but they aren't a playoff team. They signed Ryane Clowe for like 4.5 million, and he clearly is a shell of his former self. They did upgrade their goaltending, but that can only take them so far.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I think the Devils are the new Flames. They just seem like with adding a guy like Jagr they are fine with not being last, but they aren't a playoff team. They signed Ryane Clowe for like 4.5 million, and he clearly is a shell of his former self. They did upgrade their goaltending, but that can only take them so far.

May God help their souls.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Also: Goalies invited to the camp are Crawford (yay), Price (meh), Luongo (NO!), Smith (*sniff*) and Holtby (*weeps*). I can think of half a dozen others I'd take before Smith and Holtby.

USA goalies invited: Jonathon Quick (yay), Ryan Miller (yay), Jimmy Howard (yay), Cory Schneider (yay), Craig Anderson (yay), John Gibson (yay for the future)

We'll trade you a goalie for a couple forwards.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

USA goalies invited: Jonathon Quick (yay), Ryan Miller (yay), Jimmy Howard (yay), Cory Schneider (yay), Craig Anderson (yay), John Gibson (yay for the future)

We'll trade you a goalie for a couple forwards.

Unless his game goes to hell next season it's gotta be Quick as the number 1 and I think I'll take Craig Anderson as the back up.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's a bonus feature on one of my Kids in the Hall DVDs where McKinney says "I attended the University of Newfoundland, which, if you know anything about Canada, is really, really funny."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived