2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Also: Goalies invited to the camp are Crawford (yay), Price (meh), Luongo (NO!), Smith (*sniff*) and Holtby (*weeps*). I can think of half a dozen others I'd take before Smith and Holtby.

USA goalies invited: Jonathon Quick (yay), Ryan Miller (yay), Jimmy Howard (yay), Cory Schneider (yay), Craig Anderson (yay), John Gibson (yay for the future)

We'll trade you a goalie for a couple forwards.

We're :censored: ed

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why should we be afraid of a rookie, and four guys without Olympic experience?

Because Gibson isn't making the roster, and you can't go wrong with any combination of the others. Also, the Canadian goalies aren't all that great.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Yeah, good point. Jonathan Quick and Jimmy Howard cease to be among the world's best goaltenders because they don't have "Olympic experience." *dwm*

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Luongo was practically trying to lose the last gold medal game by giving up all kinds of rebounds, but Canada still pulled through. Methinks they don't really need a great goalie.

Canada's goaltending fate lies in the hands of a man who thought a 41-year-old Dwayne Roloson and then Anders freaking Lindback could save the Lightning.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't know, good thing the CHL forced its teams to draft Canadian goalies lol oh no wait that's the kind of thing we make fun of Canada for

Also: Goalies invited to the camp are Crawford (yay), Price (meh), Luongo (NO!), Smith (*sniff*) and Holtby (*weeps*). I can think of half a dozen others I'd take before Smith and Holtby.

USA goalies invited: Jonathon Quick (yay), Ryan Miller (yay), Jimmy Howard (yay), Cory Schneider (yay), Craig Anderson (yay), John Gibson (yay for the future)

Your fourth line would be the first line for every other country besides Russia, and you'll have like five #1 defensemen. I don't think playing Cory Crawford (who's a pretty good goalie), is going to :censored: it all up.

Jagr to the Devils on a 1-year deal.

http://espn.go.com/n...ils-source-said

Not sure what his thinking was/is. I imagine at least a couple playoff teams/Stanley cup contenders were after him.

They have a decent top 6, but don't have a remote chance of anything. Obviously he'll be traded at the deadline again. Hopefully to the Habs.

No chance. Jagr was interested in joining the Habs, and Bergevin was in discussion mode. If the team was interested, he would be on the roster right now. MB did not want to sign an aging player who's only a shell of who he was, when the team is currently loaded with talented rookies just waiting to bloom.

The Leafs are now affiliated with the Orlando Solar Bears. Given their great name, logos, and colours, I'd use this as an excuse to buy a jersey. However, they score a 13 on a scale of one to ten on how to make use of crappy templates, so I'll have to settle for a t-shirt.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Your fourth line would be the first line for every other country besides Russia, and you'll have like five #1 defensemen. I don't think playing Cory Crawford (who's a pretty good goalie), is going to :censored: it all up.

You could have all the talent in the world, but your team won't be anything without good goaltending. Goaltending is the downfall of many otherwise good teams in the NHL. I agree that Crawford is a pretty good goalie, but if he's the best we have in net, :censored: isn't looking too bright for us.

Crawford just won a championship as a pretty good goalie behind all the talent in the world. Seriously. Just happened. There was a parade and everything. He even said a swear.

You could have all the talent in the world, but your team won't be anything without good goaltending. Goaltending is the downfall of many otherwise good teams in the NHL. I agree that Crawford is a pretty good goalie, but if he's the best we have in net, :censored: isn't looking too bright for us.

Goaltending is the downfall of many good teams in the NHL, but now you half the :censored:ing talent in the NHL on your :censored:ing team. :censored: isn't too bright because you are stuck playing the goalie who just won the :censored:ing Stanley Cup??

I can imagine saying that you might not be as good in net as the US or Sweden, but saying " :censored: isn't too bright" when you have the reigning Norris Trophy winner on your third pairing? Canada didn't even give Jason Spezza an invite to summer camp, but he's better than any single forward on the entire US roster!

Archived