Dallas Mavericks new branding & jersey idea

tysonbrehm

Here is my take at a new re-branding effort for the Dallas Mavericks. I think this set retains the overall simplicity of the old logo and color scheme, but gives it a crisp new look that would hopefully stand the test of time if selected. I've seen this approach more and more lately with the 76ers, Wizards, Jazz etc., and it seems to be successful. I designed that new custom typeface as the foundation and then everything was driven by that. And since Texans love their great state I included some alternate logo options with the state and lone star in there.

Comments and feedback are very welcome.

Thanks

dallasmavsjersey1516b.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a Mavs fan, I really like this and desperately hope this is the direction they go.

A. Get rid of the horse head logo

B. Reintroduce green to the color scheme

C. Include a font/logo that says "wild west" without being cheesy.

Well done

I absolutely love the logo and wordmarks you created (that font is stellar), but the uniforms aren't working. I would get rid of all the silver (there's none in the logos) and replace it with green. Also maybe work on some unique striping that works with the logos.

I did play around with that idea of putting the star into the primary somehow. I tried it on the front of the cowboy hat, and also tried to work it into the background and below the "M" and I just couldn't get it to work to where I liked it. Everything I did looked to busy to me. I thought if i worked a star into the side details of the jersey with stitching that would be a cool alternative. I think having the star on the primary would be cool too so I may try some more and repost if I can get it to work.

Thanks for the comments

Archived