Houston Rockets Primary

shaydre1019

As a Rockets fan, i'm a fan of the current R rocket logo. However, it seems 99% of fans just wanna go back to the Dream era mustard and gold look.

I set out to do a slight tweak/modernization of the old logo.

Not done yet at all, but i wanted to share what i have so far so you guys can give me feedback and help me complete it.

Roxlogov2.png

I wanted to do the R in the middle, but it just doesn't work.

I also plan on adding probably "HOUSTON BASKETBALL" throughout the red edge. So if you guys can give me some feedback that would be great.

Way too generic. If the Rockets were to change back to the color scheme, great, but there needs to be a logo with character.

See that's why i think the R logo is great.

But i set out to please the masses, and they all think the R is ridiculous and that the old logo is perfect, which i completely disagree with.

I do agree this one is in the generic area, but it's also not completed, and that's why i posted it here. I want help completing it, but also making it a solid logo.

I like the logo from that era better than what they've had since, and this is a nice start. One thing I noticed, is the shading on your logo sort of suggests a sliver moon. Kind of has a lunar eclipse feel to it that you might be able to play up somehow. Just thinking off the top of my head. I do think it needs some sort of rocket somewhere. Maybe something abstract that could incorporate the orbiting rocket from the 90s logo.

"rockets" is actually in a dark navy, but i might lighten that up a bit. I've been trying to do some different things but don't like the way any of them are coming out.

Also trying to work on a secondary Texas logo, but that's not coming out great either.

Thank you all for the feedback though!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys i wanna make this logo more dynamic, or just less stale somehow, but i still wanna make it recognizable, also here is a uniform mock i did for funsies.

Dwightroxretro.png

I thought the old wordmark looked wonky, idk whether to keep the block numerals or match them with the wordmark and have them underneath it and to the right. I think you can't go wrong with a classic jersey design like this though.

But please please, i need help on this logo.

I like the direction you're going, but I agree that you need to make it more dynamic. Add, well, a rocket, going around the back of the logo or something.

I always thought that thisvr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gifhad the foundation for a good logo, but was just slightly cartooney. They've got all the elements they need: a basketball, a rocket and wordmark in a spacey sort of font. If it was done, or re-done properly, it could be a very solid logo. The uniforms on the other hand were absolutely gross.

sig.png

• 1 month later...

Archived