NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

Cowboys actually did clutch things? I just caught a glance of it on the bottom of the screen so I'm not sure exactly how it happened

Dallas tries two running plays from the 1, gets stuffed, 4th and goal from the 11 and Romo finds Murray in the front corner. 24-23 Dallas, 1:08 left

So Romo specifically did clutch things? Sweet! Happy for him. Now hopefully they lose next week and it's not Romo's fault because he gets way more crap than he deserves.

Clearly you didn't see the whole essence of Romo's interception throw leading to Lacy's touchdown.

I've discovered a tried and true method for my own enjoyment of football.

I don't watch it anymore.

Seriously, whenever I take a season off watching the NFL, the Bears pull first in the division.

I so want to watch the Eagles - Bears game, but I don't want to mess this thing up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMn6kTmZL80

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Packers and Steelers in the snow is creating a great football aesthetic. That being said I hope Pittsburgh puts up 80.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Watch Dallas blow this one. For once though, nice clutch play by Romo.

I'm still confused why WAS called a timeout and still failed to blitz a one legged Romo.

Blitzing forces Murray to block with blitz pickup. Heck Orakpo wasn't even in the game on 4th down.

He left the game earlier with an apparent injury.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Cowboys actually did clutch things? I just caught a glance of it on the bottom of the screen so I'm not sure exactly how it happened

Dallas tries two running plays from the 1, gets stuffed, 4th and goal from the 11 and Romo finds Murray in the front corner. 24-23 Dallas, 1:08 left

So Romo specifically did clutch things? Sweet! Happy for him. Now hopefully they lose next week and it's not Romo's fault because he gets way more crap than he deserves.

Clearly you didn't see the whole essence of Romo's interception throw leading to Lacy's touchdown.

Yeah, it was a mistake by him but if you run into a wall of defenders on second and six and don't pick up any yards, you're looking at third and six with just over 2 minutes left and keeping your team in a situation where you can easily be giving the ball back to the Packers regardless. It wasn't Romo's fault the coaching staff abandoned the run and the defense is incapable of stopping anyone to give the Packers so much momentum to begin with.

IUe6Hvh.png

Bills dominate a warm-weather team in a bad weather home game... just like what should have happened with the Falcons, except we played a dome team in a dome for our "home" game in Toronto. Put that win under our belts, and could have had a meaningful game next week. :angered:

If the Patriots beat New England and the Broncos need to win next week to take the #1 seed, Peyton could really pad his record against a Raiders defense that, last time they played, didn't force the Broncos to convert a third down until early in the fourth quarter when Manning was pulled from the game. He could also break Brees' single season yardage record by throwing for more than 266 yards.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, it was a mistake by him but if you run into a wall of defenders on 2nd and 6 and don't pick up any yards, you're looking at 3rd and 6 with just over 2 minutes left and keeping your team in a situation where you can easily be giving the ball back to the Packers regardless. It wasn't Romo's fault the coaching staff abandoned the run and the defense is incapable of stopping anyone to give the Packers so much momentum to begin with.

If you're an experienced quarterback, you should know to milk the clock anyway you can. If the staff told him to go all pass-happy and abandon the run, use those damn legs to run some time off, take a sack, then see more time run off or see Green Bay use a coveted timeout. Punt the ball, then make their offense work for the go-ahead score.

Maybe the Packers would have gotten the game-winner on their own, or maybe not. But their chances were certainly boosted by Romo's clusterfuc of a pass.

This is a DISASTER for the Ravens right now. They control their fate next week regardless, but the AFC North goes by the boards, and it's not like Cincinnati is going to rest up, knowing an L could (and, in this case, will) drop them from #3 to #4.

San Diego and Pittsburgh, unbelievably, are remaining afloat right now.

spacer.png

Miami lays a total goose egg today and now their playoff hopes might be completely damaged.

Don't worry. Brady is up double-digits right now in Baltimore and Rivers is doing his best Romo impersonation in San Diego (interception in Oakland territory, fumbles the snap).

Bills dominate a warm-weather team in a bad weather home game... just like what should have happened with the Falcons, except we played a dome team in a dome for our "home" game in Toronto. Put that win under our belts, and could have had a meaningful game next week. :angered:

The Bills entire season has been a series of what-ifs. What if they had held on against the Pats? What if EJ didn't go out against the Browns? What if they had won the Chiefs game?

They've been in so many games that could have gone either way this season. They caught a break against the Panthers, but that's about it. Next year...

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yeah, it was a mistake by him but if you run into a wall of defenders on 2nd and 6 and don't pick up any yards, you're looking at 3rd and 6 with just over 2 minutes left and keeping your team in a situation where you can easily be giving the ball back to the Packers regardless. It wasn't Romo's fault the coaching staff abandoned the run and the defense is incapable of stopping anyone to give the Packers so much momentum to begin with.

If you're an experienced quarterback, you should know to milk the clock anyway you can. If the staff told him to go all pass-happy and abandon the run, use those damn legs to run some time off, take a sack, then see more time run off or see Green Bay use a coveted timeout. Punt the ball, then make their offense work for the go-ahead score.

Maybe the Packers would have gotten the game-winner on their own, or maybe not. But their chances were certainly boosted by Romo's clusterfuc of a pass.

With that defense, having not registered a stop in the second half, simply running down the clock isn't a good strategy. They needed a first down on that drive.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Bills entire season has been a series of what-ifs. What if they had held on against the Pats? What if EJ didn't go out against the Browns? What if they had won the Chiefs game?

They've been in so many games that could have gone either way this season. They caught a break against the Panthers, but that's about it. Next year...

Every team wins games they should've lost and loses games they should've won, but the playing a dome team at home in a dome thing bothers me more for some reason. I think it's more of a structural defect than something your team actually did... like when a ref completely blows a call.

My assessment of the Bills from a month or so ago still stands: they could lose to Jacksonville one week and beat the Patriots the next; neither would surprise me. They aren't good, but they aren't a dumpster fire either.

So the Packers will probably win and force a week 17 showdown at Soldier Field, winner take all.

I hate my life.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So the Packers will probably win and force a week 17 showdown at Soldier Field, winner take all.

I hate my life.

Well hold on... It's not over yet, and the Steelers are winning (I'm both thrilled and depressed at that last part)

Archived