NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

There's no reason at all for anyone to be picking the Chargers over the Bengals for next Sunday, but I'm not exactly in this business to alter people's opinions.

Cincinnati is unbeatable at Paul Brown right now. They aren't going to the Super Bowl, I believe, but they will at least be making a trip to New England this postseason. I'd make any wager on that happening.

spacer.png

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently the league privately acknowledged the Chargers should've received a penalty for too many players on the line before the Succop went on to miss that kick. He should've had another shot from closer. Florio said the league should make this statement public tomorrow. So maybe he doesn't die when he goes back to Pittsburgh....maybe.

It was only fitting that we lost the game like that. Defense played pretty well, but our offense made too many mistakes. Maybe it's not just a Romo thing. At least we weren't destroyed.

And I got to see Murray absolutely destroy an Eagles defensive tackle, which was awesome.

Next year, 8-8, here we come.

P.S. Carolina/Seattle/New Orleans/Green Bay bandwagon!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

There's no reason at all for anyone to be picking the Chargers over the Bengals for next Sunday, but I'm not exactly in this business to alter people's opinions.

Cincinnati is unbeatable at Paul Brown right now. They aren't going to the Super Bowl, I believe, but they will at least be making a trip to New England this postseason. I'd make any wager on that happening.

Chargers are playing with house money right now, though, and it took Gates having a terrible game and two costly Chargers fumbles for the Bengals to beat San Diego by a touchdown in the regular-season matchup. Also, Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton don't exactly have the greatest playoff track record.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Yeah, so I just watched the Packers/Bears game, I was working.

Wow, that's all I can say. I'm more amazed I stayed away from all social media and anyone blurting out the score... get the Niners again, just speechless right now

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And I got to see Murray absolutely destroy an Eagles defensive tackle, which was awesome.

Man oh man did he absolutely truck him. I mean a GIF worthy truck. That was definitely a highlight of this game for me, especially since it ended in a loss. I wish Dallas remembered Murray was a player on this team sooner. They may have been in the playoffs long before this game ever came up.

Ryan Succop you beautiful idiot. Pittsburgh fans, this is what it feels like when something doesn't go your way. Sucks, doesn't it?

Chargers are playing with house money right now, though, and it took Gates having a terrible game and two costly Chargers fumbles for the Bengals to beat San Diego by a touchdown in the regular-season matchup. Also, Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton don't exactly have the greatest playoff track record.

Oh now you're a believer? There's two sides to the story when it comes to that December 1st game. First, the Bengals didn't play well and the Chargers still failed to run a play inside the Bengals' 31 yard line, which was in San Diego and the Bengals are undefeated at home. The Bengals pounded San Diego on the ground and controlled the clock in the fourth quarter. They've won 5 of their last 6, nobody can convert a third down against the defense, the offense has enviable weapons, and they're averaging 17 point margins at home.

I'm just looking at the numbers there, but for the first time in my life as a Bengals fan I truly believe they'll win a playoff game.

Plus, I just watched the Chargers barely beat Chase Daniel because of a gift from Ryan Succop and apparently the officials. Thank you for that by the way, Pittsburgh in the playoffs would've been too much for me to handle.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I didn't really get a chance to watch that first Cincy/San Diego game; I'll have to watch it at some point this week. What the rudimentary observation says is that the Bengals kept that San Diego offense under wraps in their building, and the Bengals have been significantly better at home than on the road. The Bengals are averaging some 34 PPG, and they're now at home against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I know I said that San Diego would be the most exciting of those #6 seed hopefuls to make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean I favor their chances any more than those other teams in a game against the Bengals at Paul Brown.

In any case, what I said in that post is virtually a carbon copy of what I said when thinking about the Baltimore/Cincy game for this week. And I will say that if that particular Andy Dalton shows up next Sunday, then San Diego certainly has a chance. My God, Dalton was a freaking horror show in that game. That game got away from Baltimore late with Flacco's three fourth quarter picks but, really, Cincinnati should've put that game to rest long before that. Obviously not all INT's are the fault of the QB; anyone who's watched football long enough will have learned that basic truth. In yesterday's case though, those were just awful throws from Dalton; every single one of them.

--

This isn't one of those intentional "salt in wounds" posts, but I just have to point out that, in three of the Packers last four trips to Soldier Field, they have clinched the NFC North title twice, and the NFC Championship once. That's brutal.

spacer.png

Ryan Succop you beautiful idiot. Pittsburgh fans, this is what it feels like when something doesn't go your way. Sucks, doesn't it?

Oh now you're a believer? There's two sides to the story when it comes to that December 1st game. First, the Bengals didn't play well and the Chargers still failed to run a play inside the Bengals' 31 yard line, which was in San Diego and the Bengals are undefeated at home. The Bengals pounded San Diego on the ground and controlled the clock in the fourth quarter. They've won 5 of their last 6, nobody can convert a third down against the defense, the offense has enviable weapons, and they're averaging 17 point margins at home.

I'm just looking at the numbers there, but for the first time in my life as a Bengals fan I truly believe they'll win a playoff game.

Plus, I just watched the Chargers barely beat Chase Daniel because of a gift from Ryan Succop and apparently the officials. Thank you for that by the way, Pittsburgh in the playoffs would've been too much for me to handle.

The Chargers can lose to Washington and barely beat the Chiefs' B team. They've also shown they can beat the Chiefs at their best and beat the Broncos and Colts. You never know what you're going to get. Which is problematic, but also means it's possible that they come into Paul Brown and monkey slap the Bengals.

The Bengals, by the way, have shown they can be just as inconsistent. Granted, their weaker games have been on the road. Still, the possibility that everything breaks the Chargers' way is there.

The Chargers can lose to Washington and barely beat the Chiefs' B team. They've also shown they can beat the Chiefs at their best and beat the Broncos and Colts. You never know what you're going to get. Which is problematic, but also means it's possible that they come into Paul Brown and monkey slap the Bengals.

The Bengals, by the way, have shown they can be just as inconsistent. Granted, their weaker games have been on the road. Still, the possibility that everything breaks the Chargers' way is there.

Believe me, I am very worried about the wrong Bengals team showing up, but LO acting like this is a sure Chargers victory is silliness.

It's too bad there won't be -59 wind chill this time around.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man oh man did he absolutely truck him. I mean a GIF worthy truck. That was definitely a highlight of this game for me, especially since it ended in a loss. I wish Dallas remembered Murray was a player on this team sooner. They may have been in the playoffs long before this game ever came up.

Murray's 2nd half carries were the following: 3, 6, -4, 0, 1, 2 yards.

Believe me, I am very worried about the wrong Bengals team showing up, but LO acting like this is a sure Chargers victory is silliness.

It is. It's also very possible that the Chargers come into Cincinnati and lay an egg. Or they just lose to the Bengals in a shootout on one costly mistake (if it comes down to Rivers or Dalton making a late game mistake that decides the game my money is, sadly, on Rivers).

Still, I'm looking forward to the game. It's the sleeper for the game of Wildcard weekend.

It is. It's also very possible that the Chargers come into Cincinnati and lay an egg. Or they just lose to the Bengals in a shootout on one costly mistake (if it comes down to Rivers or Dalton making a late game mistake that decides the game my money is, sadly, on Rivers).

Still, I'm looking forward to the game. It's the sleeper for the game of Wildcard weekend.

You have no idea how happy I am to not have to play the Steelers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm quite pleased that three of the first round matchups are regular season rematches (albeit, all three of them are being played in the other venue this time around). This at least provides for an easier chance to analyze matchups with recent and relevant information.

2009 was the craziest instance of this; three of the four first round meetings were Week 17 rematches. It was nuts.

spacer.png

Archived