New Phoenix Suns Uniforms

suns1977

Suns have spent 45 years with purple and orange. So, the idea of dropping either color really doesn't sit well with Phoenix fans.

Thank you.

And ironically I'm the same idiot pondering why the AZ Cardinals never changed their name.

Didn't think in simplest terms: IT'S THEIR HISTORY, DUMMY!

Suns are the oldest franchise in Phoenix. Since their inception their whole identity has been "the Purple Gang from Phoenix".

When they moved to what was American West Arena, now US Airways, it became "the Purple Palace".

I keep looking at these home jerseys with orange and black and can't help but feel slapped in the face.

I know a lot of people simply don't like the design on the jerseys for one reason or another. I can't disagree on many points, but sadly I feel the new designs on the logos and jerseys are here to stay for a while. Changing a logo or jerseys design isn't a simple process and I'd imagine it would take a few years before they'd even consider it. What is more likely, however, is changing, adding or replacing colors, and in this instance: purple. Many fans agree that decreasing the usage of purple is both sad and unnecessary. If you agree and would like to see more purple in the jerseys, home court and primary logos, I've started a petition to hopefully get that point across to management. If anyone is interested, you can sign it here: http://www.change.org/petitions/robert-sarver-and-the-phoenix-suns-organization-please-return-to-using-purple-and-orange-as-the-team-colors-of-the-phoenix-suns

I must have missed this the other day. Just signed it, hopefully it gets a lot of signatures and maybe, just maybe, the team will see this is an important issue to true fans.

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just reading the article (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/20/padres-mlb-dee/) and thread about the Padres possibly getting new uniforms and reverting back to their original and traditional look. That tells me there's still hope that one day, when Sarver finally sells the Suns because he's messed them up so bad and isn't making any money because of his mistakes.... a new owner might come in and bring back our beloved purple and orange.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? :lol:

Join the movement to bring PURPLE and ORANGE back to the Phoenix Suns! Sign the petition HERE.

I was just reading the article (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/aug/20/padres-mlb-dee/) and thread about the Padres possibly getting new uniforms and reverting back to their original and traditional look. That tells me there's still hope that one day, when Sarver finally sells the Suns because he's messed them up so bad and isn't making any money because of his mistakes.... a new owner might come in and bring back our beloved purple and orange.

Hey, a guy can dream, right? :lol:

Absolutely. Purple, orange, and white only. If they want black, it is ONLY a trim color, and for the love of God, NO GRAY!

I was expecting more from these jerseys and overall there is no cohesiveness between the jerseys and shorts (although I have yet to see a clear side image of the shorts). The jersey tops I am actually fine with. It almost looks like an eclipse is going on, which is not at all what I expected, since I thought we would see an new version of the sunburst jersey again, but it works. It is the wings on the bottom of the shorts that I don't like. The curvy style of the shorts' wings does not match the straight and edgy numbers, font, or sunstreak on the jersey.

The Suns have one of the best secondary logos with the firebird PHX and although that logo is great, it doesn't match the style of anything else the Suns use now - jerseys or logos. The PHX logo has free flowing curvy flames while everything else the Suns use is edgy and straight. I would have liked to see them actually try to make a more cohesive brand, because now they are just all over the place and I haven't even mentioned the inconsistency of colors.

Here's a new article about the Suns new uniforms and the design process (or lack thereof). http://www.nba.com/suns/suns-new-uniforms-real-fish-story

Interesting that they try to pin the blame for the lack of purple on Bryan Colangelo. Nice one, Sarver, but the fans know the truth. It's okay to focus on orange, but no one said that required dropping purple!

b1d.png

Maybe this pic should be added to the Padres new uniform thread too then.

Great photo problem is that we don't know the full story. When he finally stood up did he simply walk away or continue the beating?

How the hell can this ever get old???

BeatDeadHorse.gif

I don't think there's any "conspiracy" to rid the Suns of purple. Some teams just do the really short-sighted thing and abandon their traditional colours to chase the latest trend. Like when the Pistons went with teal in 90s. Same thing here. The Suns probably saw that black was "in" and decided to run with it. You don't need to start a movement or an online petition (they never work anyway). Just wait a few years, maybe a decade at the most, and the Suns will most likely return to their standard colour scheme.

I don't think there's any "conspiracy" to rid the Suns of purple. Some teams just do the really short-sighted thing and abandon their traditional colours to chase the latest trend. Like when the Pistons went with teal in 90s. Same thing here. The Suns probably saw that black was "in" and decided to run with it. You don't need to start a movement or an online petition (they never work anyway). Just wait a few years, maybe a decade at the most, and the Suns will most likely return to their standard colour scheme.

Waiting's for suckers. ;)

But yeah, you're probably right. Then again, the team quickly fixed their other recent mistakes after massive fan backlash (Lance Blanks, Lindsey Hunter and very soon Michael Beasley).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived