Iron Crossover is back!

IronChefShark

the graphic identities of professional sports franchises have always fascinated me, ever since I was a young child

one day I had a vision. A vision of a surreal world. A world that not unlike ours was home to all our favorite teams.

but something was different here. In this world the Boston Celtics would take the field at Fenway Park to do nine innings of battle against thier hated rivals, the New York Knicks. At Soldier Field, the Chicago Blackhawks and Detroit Red Wings would toil in the cold muddy gridiron. Also, the Toronto Blue Jays take the ice at Air Canada Centre to begin a cold war with the Philadelphia Phillies......

this is the surreal world of the CROSS-OVER!

This is Crossover Stadium. the online battle field where graphic warriors from all walks of life come together to cross the selected team over to the selected sport thats not thier own. Here we have an even playing field, where passionate hobbyist, aspiring student, and established professional all compete against one another in a graphic showdown for the ages.....

this is our surreal world......

This....is.....

IRON CROSSOVER!!!

*bites orange bell pepper*

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Iron Crossover battle guidelines

Please read the guidelines before submitting your concept. some of it has changed but not much

Welcome, members of the Chris Creamer Sports Logo Community. We are now ready to unveil our theme for this battle.

As you know,....a certain city in the southeast is now home to hockey's holy grail, and surprisingly, baseballs hottest team.

so our theme for this battle is........

TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS (MLB) HOCKEY!

so now combatants, in the tradition of the great Takeshi Kaga, I say unto you.....

ALLEZ CUISINE!

*Unseen for the better part of the other battles, Suigi, self-proclaimed Master of Rafale-style Crossovers, has re-entered the battlefield for this round. What mastery will he unleash unto the public? How the hell should I know?*

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

The Iron Shmef walks into Crossover Stadium. He glances respectfully at Chairman Shark, and bows his head to collect his thoughts. The giant portraits of past winners seem to stare coldly down at him, but the Iron Shmef is unphased by the images of those that have come before him. He knows that now is his time. He knows that the past is just that...the past. Now is the time for Shmee, he says to himself. Fresh off a victory in Battle Redundant Islanders Concepts, Shmee knows that he has what it takes to create a hockey jersey that the world will stand in wonder of. Tomorrow he will begin his quest to become the Iron Crossover Champion. But first, he must take a shower. The Iron Shmef smells of garlic and sweaty hockey equipment.

Shmee bows. He turns on his heals, and returns to the shadows...for now. Beginning on June the 29th...his place will be forever in the Spotlight.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

slapshot, wielding his degree from Johnson & Wales, steps into the kitchen with his Ronco knives and his secret ingredient, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

preparation stage begins, the chef is cooking up something special

slapshot puts design in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees, awaits browning of edges

allez cuisine!

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The problem with the DRays is their colors are so dark and close to each other that they are hard to see when placed next to one another. I decided just to provide the link because it's a big picture.

The idea behind this design was to remain rather simple, like their current unis. The striping is knd of reminiscent of the piping on the teams baseball jerseys. The numbers are a drop shadow-less version of the original Lightning numbers. I chose this because of the Tampa hockey connection and it kind of looks like the font in the logos of the Devil Rays. I originally had the big stripes on the green jersey as white, but it made the blue really hard to see. I chose black pants and helmets because even though black isn't in the uniform, it is in the logos and is part of the color scheme, and your dark helmet and pants should be the darkest color in the scheme.

DEVIL RAYS CROSSOVER

You gotta scroll down in the linked image to see all the stuff.

I agree about the colors. the actual pantone values do come off too dark on most monitors and appear as plain black

in fact, I couldnt tell the colors of bradens concept until I saved it and adjusted the brightness on it via PSP.

if you guys feel you need to adjust the colors to get better definition, feel free to do so. if the colors are at least somewhat close to what the rays actually use thats all that we are looking for

And from the shadows a mist rises.... there is a hush that envelops the crowd... Gmac walks confidently into Crossover Stadium... a smug look on his face as he unveils his latest masterpiece, his newest concoction combining hockey and baseball, his merging of Canadian and American pastimes... his ultimate crossover...

Tamba Bay Devil Ray's Hockey

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

saintsfan- hey sniveller whats all that noise?

Assistant- Master it looks like its back!!!

Saintsfan- what? That herd of mammoths you picked up in the time machine by mistake?

Assistant- No no, the greatest challenge of them all... The Iron Crossover

Saintsfan- Ah... I see.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

slapshot, wielding his degree from Johnson & Wales, steps into the kitchen with his Ronco knives and his secret ingredient, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

if Fabio shows up in your corner, I will be immensley disturbed :P

I guess I shouldn't be using any bird references here, huh?

Nice to see the Iron Crossover back. Not that I would be entering anything, but I just love how a team would have looked had they played another sport.

I saw, I came, I left.

GMAC,

It's your's to lose as far as I'm concerned. Great job.

Misterhabs

thanks... but in crossover stadium i never take anything for granted... :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

"Fukui-san!"

"Take it away, Ohta-san!"

"It looks like challenger Pittunited has put multi-colored stripes under his sweaters' arms. I asked him about it a moment ago... He said, 'It's the victory stripe concept the Lightning use, only with the old rainbow of colors the Rays used to use.' It made sense to me, but what will the Chairman think, I wonder? Back to you!"

pittunited_devilrays_hockey.jpg

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived