2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

Can we just send the Canucks to the East since their fetish for brawls seems to fit in more over there?

It looks like 2 Flames are gone. One of them is Westgarth, a Brian Burke acquisition. One Canuck also is gone.

Ok never mind, it looks like everyone will be gone.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torts is a :censored:ing retard. Like a visiting fourth line has never taken an opening faceoff to match a home first line? This organization continues to be an embarrassment to its sport.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is great. That was 142 penalty minutes in the first ten seconds of the Calgary/Vancouver game. The goon hockey fan in me hopes they shatter the Sens/Flyers record from 2004.

What's the minimum of players you can have and still play the game?

I'm all for seeing records fall, but if it means a game of Pong between the goalies is the result.....misconducts for everyone!

So, the Blues blues at home against California squads continue with Anaheim sweeping the Scottrade Center leg of their season series.

Sharks already did the same. Kings "only" split the two games there, which was actually shocking in that it meant the Blues beat the Kings in a game of hockey (they were only, what, 4-14 or 4-15 in the previous three seasons, counting the playoffs and this season).

Hmm.

--

To answer the misconducts question, well, frankly I have no idea. But on a very loosely related/not really related at all note, I do remember that when I played with the Stars on NHL 2002 and played goon hockey (I essentially played every single game killing 5-on-3 penalties, and winning anyway), sometimes my bench would literally only be half full because of players in the box and those who had received game misconducts. As far as a minimum of players needed to keep playing, I really haven't the slightest clue.

spacer.png

Just as it looked like things settled....Tortorella is feet away from the door of the visiting Flames' locker room, having a shouting match at likely the coaches for Calgary. A slight shoving match ensues, mainly the coaches and trainers (and McGratten for the Flames) trying to separate the sides from this escalating further.

By my count, 4 are gone from each team.

This is just Tortorella and Hartley continuing what they started when they were coaches for Tampa and Atlanta. I remember plenty of feisty games between the two during their tenures....

When was the last time a coach got tossed from the game?

Ken Hitchcock got a game misconduct at the end of a game a while ago. Ron Wilson got one during a game with Toronto.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just to put a little perspective on this....

Granted, every NHL venue isn't the same, but for the most part, the locker rooms for both teams are on the same side of the building. At Philips, there's maybe 30-40 feet between the doors of the locker rooms, and the only thing that separates the two are a set of double doors in the hallway between the rooms. There's maybe a security guard or two that are between the two rooms (there's more security on the other sides of the locker room hallway to prevent folks from reaching either locker room), and security is told to defer to team personnel in that hallway, as there's a lot of moving parts during the course of the game. Usually, it's training and equipment staff frequenting the hallways, but there are times where players and coaches are in that hallway during the game.

I didn't see the Kings/Wings game, but this off the netting counting goal seems to happen way too often and majority these seem to happen at the Joe. what color is the meshing? Maybe they should think about making it sun-yellow or bright orange or something to stand out.

Also the Academy Awards are a little over a month away, but Ben Bishop was doing his best in the Marleau Goalie Interference. I think it was Steve Kozari that called it. He did make up for it, but that was awful.

Just checked the game summary and Penalty Minutes for the Flames/Canucks game and WOW that is insane. Here's Torts going after Flames coach in the hallway... ugh. Waiting to watch the melee on NHL Tonight. What really irks me is it looks like Torts is smiling in part of this. He's a good hockey coach, but his antics tend to hover the line way too much, if not cross the line.

http://youtu.be/XCeuJPhrt8E

Torts is a :censored:ing retard. Like a visiting fourth line has never taken an opening faceoff to match a home first line? This organization continues to be an embarrassment to its sport.

With Westgarth "taking the faceoff"? I don't recall him being a center. (Didn't help with Torts putting Bieksa in the circle either, but whatever.)

Vangoonver gonna Vangoonver, I guess

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived