2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Mason re-upped for 12.3 for 3 yrs in Philly.

Martin St.Louis had a hattrick in the 1st period

vs San Jose

4 now a couple minutes into the 2nd.
Are there pants on the ice? ARE THERE PANTS ON THE ICE?!?!?

1) Puck Podcast FTW

2) Sadly, no.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

oh and they get Buffalo tonight so while that game looks trappy I think they'll extend their winning streak to 6.

They put in a good effort most every night now, so they are high on trap potential. I am very torn about that game. I still have that soft spot in my heart for Columbus from last year, but I'm over wanting the Sabres to lose since they cleaned house, but I still want the #1 pick for having such a bad season, but I'm also fascinated with how bad the Oilers are and I want the Sabres to catch them.

Yeah, I remember that one. Stamkos had a great game (2 goals 2 assists) and St.Louis won it in OT. After that for the rest of the year + playoffs the Sharks offense completely crapped the bed.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

vs San Jose

1) Puck Podcast FTW

2) Sadly, no.

That's the most crushing pantsless pants trick, too. There was an episode sometime since this past summer where they said they had a guy in Tampa with season tickets that always brought extra pants and was pretty close to the ice.

oh and they get Buffalo tonight so while that game looks trappy I think they'll extend their winning streak to 6.

They put in a good effort most every night now, so they are high on trap potential. I am very torn about that game. I still have that soft spot in my heart for Columbus from last year, but I'm over wanting the Sabres to lose since they cleaned house, but I still want the #1 pick for having such a bad season, but I'm also fascinated with how bad the Oilers are and I want the Sabres to catch them.
Sabres are still something like 16th or 17th in the league in goals against! Miller is either trying to turn this thing around himself or get out of there. I heard he has a no-trade and said he won't play for a Canadian team, though. What a dickhead. You already kinda do!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was watching highlights from what I assume was the Canucks feed... they called Booth running into the goaltender on the Canucks' goal "a good power move". Did they let that goal stand as a sort of participation trophy for Vancouver?

Spoiled what was eventually going to be a shutout, and I really don't understand why that was allowed to stand.

Booth drove the crease, ran into Andersen, wasn't pushed into the goalie, and then while Andersen is dazed on his stomach on the other side of the crease, Kassian puts the puck in. How in the hell is that not goaltender interference?

We've seen goalie interference called this season for someone simply standing in front of the goalie with his skates on the edge of the crease. How is bowling over the goaltender not goaltender interference?

The Dustin Brown rule?

Oh whine, whine, whine. Hey, when your team shows some gonads, then start chirping. All I see out of them is a team that is trying to prove a point and that point is losing 8 out 9 while acting like a bunch of goons. This team looks like a team in a free fall and there's no end in sight. The fact that they employ Siestito, shows the Vancouver coaching staff has no clue what they are doing. Why this moron is in the game, I don't know. It's morons like Siestito that need to be banned from the game of hockey and give the game a bad name

Sensitive much?

Also, re: shoot outs, etc.

Ties weren't all that bad, really. I can't recall the agony and debate over ties being anywhere near the level of dissatisfaction that seems to exist about shout outs. Am I crazy, did we as hockey fans really care that much about ties being a blight on our game?

vs San Jose

1) Puck Podcast FTW

2) Sadly, no.

I love seeing Puck Podcast references!

Also, re: shoot outs, etc.

Ties weren't all that bad, really. I can't recall the agony and debate over ties being anywhere near the level of dissatisfaction that seems to exist about shout outs. Am I crazy, did we as hockey fans really care that much about ties being a blight on our game?

When ties existed, I feel like that made playoff OT even more exciting cause you knew someone had to win.

I never minded ties. Except for the 0-0 ones. Those were dreadful. But I remember a 6-6 game that was amazing and one of those where both teams played so hard, a tie was the correct outcome.

The Official Scorer gave the Sharks 5th goal to Joe Pavelski, and that gives him his first ever NHL Hat Trick (Natural Hat Trick). Sharks beat Lightning 5-4 and sweep the road trip. Martin St. Louis scores 4 for Tampa Bay in the loss.

Trouba nets two shorties and a game-winner. Nice game for that kid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sabres are still something like 16th or 17th in the league in goals against! Miller is either trying to turn this thing around himself or get out of there. I heard he has a no-trade and said he won't play for a Canadian team, though. What a dickhead. You already kinda do!

Hey, we only get annexed to Canada when the Leafs and possibly the Canadiens are in town or when there's a sales tax holiday; the other 342 days a year, we're all bleu blanc et rouge red, white and blue.

This team is such a flashback to 1996ish when I first really started getting into hockey, it's hard not to root for them. Back then, it was Teddy Nolan, Dominik Hasek and a bunch of damn nobodys. Only difference now is Ryan Miller subbed in for Hasek. What's Donald Audette doing these days? They're slightly under Bettman .500 since cleaning house, which is pretty amazing when you look at the skaters on the roster.

The Official Scorer gave the Sharks 5th goal to Joe Pavelski, and that gives him his first ever NHL Hat Trick (Natural Hat Trick). Sharks beat Lightning 5-4 and sweep the road trip. Martin St. Louis scores 4 for Tampa Bay in the loss.

Joe Pavelski netted a natural hat trick on his 23, 24, and 25th goals of the season.

Martin St. Louis directly preceded that with a natural hat trick on his, get this, 23, 24, and 25th goals of the season!

That is absolutely amazing.

--

What isn't amazing is losing a fifth straight game at home. The Lightning were 14-3-1 --> 14-4 at home before this, and now they've dropped THREE one-goal games, and two shootouts. That's irritating. It's great that they've suddenly found the midas touch on the road. It would be nice if they didn't have to rip it away from the TB Times Forum in the process.

spacer.png

Joe Pavelski netted a natural hat trick on his 23, 24, and 25th goals of the season.

Martin St. Louis directly preceded that with a natural hat trick on his, get this, 23, 24, and 25th goals of the season!

That is absolutely amazing.

--

What isn't amazing is losing a fifth straight game at home. The Lightning were 14-3-1 --> 14-4 at home before this, and now they've dropped THREE one-goal games, and two shootouts. That's irritating. It's great that they've suddenly found the midas touch on the road. It would be nice if they didn't have to rip it away from the TB Times Forum in the process.

Yeah that is really cool - didn't notice that before. I doubt that has ever happened before, has it? When St. Louis made it 4-2 into the second, I knew there was a chance the Sharks could come back, but they were playing like rocks in quicksand at the time and it looked like a Lightning blowout. I kind of feel bad for Marty to not get the win, as he played an awesome game, but glad the Sharks fought back and took this one.

It was a fun, but wacky game. Good to see the Sharks clamp down in the third. They must play better though.

I'm going sound like a broken record but here it goes: while I don't like it, I'd rather the "lazy" clears go around the boards, but the lazy-clears to the point need to stop. If you are going to clear it there, get it out. It seems the Sharks players are so worried about icing it, that they don't put enough on it. These, dumb-dumb clears have been going on since at least the 2008 season and then they cleaned up for a little while before they rear their ugly head again. Partial credit goes to opponents who read the Sharks and seem to know their tendancies but at the same time it's up to the Sharks to adjust, and they seemed to in the third, but I even saw some dumb-dumb clears in the game vs the Panthers. They shouldn't happen as much as they do. If I remember right, Winnipeg smoked the Sharks a couple of times when the puck wasn't cleared or the attempt was half-a***ed, and both results was the puck ended up behind the Sharks goalie. NOTE: Who do the Sharks play on the upcoming home stand? Yep that's right, Winnipeg.

Anyway...

I find it odd that SOG stands for "Shots on Goal" when unless you hit the goalie, it doesn't count. It really should be "Shots On Goalie" or if it's going to stand for Shots on Goal, then if someone hits the post or crossbar - count in as a shot. I know I'm trying to input logic into sports, just find it odd.

Archived