2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOW IS THAT NOT REVIEWABLE? Nanners.

That's like the most OITGDNHL thing ever.

Weird plays like that seem to happen at the Joe. I remember in 08, Setoguchi banged one in after in bounced off the netting, which would be the game winner.

Another weird mesh thing happened almost a year to the day later in 2009 at the Joe as well. I think both occurrences fell in March of those respective years.

EDIT:

Here's the 2008 game.

I want to say something funky happened in this 2009 game too. I'll have to look for the highlights to confirm, however.

spacer.png

Jackets up 3-2 with less than a minute to go, penalty puts Buffalo on the power play and they score with 24 seconds left. One of the more entertaining regular season OTs I've seen follows. Jackets blow two great scoring chances in OT but Johansen scores the only goal of the SO for the win. I can't decide if this was a total BS win or if justice prevailed. As the announcers just said, "trap game averted."

I feel kind of bad for Ryan Miller. Dude seems to be a pretty good goalie on a pretty bad team.

I'm off to buy NHL Center Ice for the remainder of the season.

BB52Big.jpg

Just because something is not reviewable in the books, does NOT mean that it can't and shouldn't be reviewed. There is no reason why someone in Toronto can't pick up the call and call Bettman and let him know the situation to be able to review that play and correct what is wrong. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, we have the in capable Gary Bettman who's just going to shrug his shoulders and say, "We can't do anything about it because it's not in the rule book." Have some balls Gary and fix what's right for once. Absolutely pathetic leadership by the NHL!!!

"Out of play?" Did the puck bounce off the net above the glass or something?

That is exactly what happened. Deflected shot, flew WAAAAAAAAAAAY up onto the netting, and came back down and, literally, bounced of Jonathan Quick's back and into the net.

niners and I recall seeing weird mesh things happen at the Joe before - I can't recall EVER seeing anything like that.

spacer.png

That's like the most OITGDNHL thing ever.

Weird plays like that seem to happen at the Joe. I remember in 08, Setoguchi banged one in after in bounced off the netting, which would be the game winner.

Another weird mesh thing happened almost a year to the day later in 2009 at the Joe as well. I think both occurrences fell in March of those respective years.

EDIT:

Here's the 2008 game.

I want to say something funky happened in this 2009 game too. I'll have to look for the highlights to confirm,

however.

Yep same teams too, except the Wings benefitted from it. I wasn't that upset because, yeah I remembered from the year before.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Jackets up 3-2 with less than a minute to go, penalty puts Buffalo on the power play and they score with 24 seconds left. One of the more entertaining regular season OTs I've seen follows. Jackets blow two great scoring chances in OT but Johansen scores the only goal of the SO for the win. I can't decide if this was a total BS win or if justice prevailed. As the announcers just said, "trap game averted."

I feel kind of bad for Ryan Miller. Dude seems to be a pretty good goalie on a pretty bad team.

I'm off to buy NHL Center Ice for the remainder of the season.

I think everybody got what they wanted out of that game. Except Ryan Miller... he's still stuck in Buffalo.

Sabres three points behind Oilers with four games in hand.

Just because something is not reviewable in the books, does NOT mean that it can't and shouldn't be reviewed. There is no reason why someone in Toronto can't pick up the call and call Bettman and let him know the situation to be able to review that play and correct what is wrong. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot, we have the in capable Gary Bettman who's just going to shrug his shoulders and say, "We can't do anything about it because it's not in the rule book." Have some balls Gary and fix what's right for once. Absolutely pathetic leadership by the NHL!!!

Are you speaking theoretically? Because that's exactly what it means.

Either way, any scoring play should be reviewable and it's pretty pathetic that it's already not in place.

"Out of play?" Did the puck bounce off the net above the glass or something?

That is exactly what happened. Deflected shot, flew WAAAAAAAAAAAY up onto the netting, and came back down and, literally, bounced of Jonathan Quick's back and into the net.

Got it. I'm no hockey expert, but I'm thinking that should be reviewable.

BB52Big.jpg

Scheduling loss.

Espen Knutsen loss.
I was going to blame Brittanie Cecil, but decided not to go there.

This is bull :censored: . Even if the Kings had won the skills competition, it cost them a ROW. Time to have games 1, 2, 5, and 7 in San José because of a tiebreaker/one point difference!

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Interesting start to the Calgary-Vancouver game.

Two seconds in, a line brawl takes place. Both teams have their starting lineups (sans goalie) in the penalty box.

Guess I'm gonna go ahead and walk back my "Western teams aren't stupid goons" discussion point now. Thanks, Vancoufire.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived