2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special cameo from the Bad Thought Aggregator:

Hartley should also be fined/suspended for trolling. He clearly was trolling by starting his 4th line. He knew it would piss Torts off, but he did it anyway. One of his former players called Hartley a bully. http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/12/03...artley-a-bully Bullies do these type of things but refuse to fight. Clear trolling on Hartley's part. Suspend them both.

Apparently the NHL is now a message board. If you can get suspended for trolling, Calgary is going to get banned for all these years of Flaming.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Best part of that video is Clint Malarchuk bursting out the dressing room to whoop Tortorella's ass. I wish he would have. Dammit, McGrattan!

I like all of the Calgary players in the back "meerkatting" to see what's happening.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Well, after seeing the highlights, the Flames starting the goon line as premeditated is dirty, but not sure it's illegal. However, Torts going into the visitors locker room is at best a no-no. I wonder if something happened the last time these two teams played that sparked the Flames to do this, or if it's just a strategy to antagonize Vancouver. Not saying Vancouver is innocent, but it's strange.

Calgary plays San Jose on Monday in San Jose. Depending on the ramifications and discipline from the Flames, look for the Sharks to activate Tennyson and start Mike Brown. Not sure how many enforcers the Flames have and two of our three are still recovering - so maybe not the best idea for Sharks to get into a line brawl with Calgary...

Fourth straight win for the Leafs.

Including Boston and Montréal, which is a huge plus.

Also: the Leafs are working on getting a bronze statue outside the ACC. Collectively, our sports teams have immortalized just one person in such a way....Ted Rogers ("the only game he had a passion for was cutthroat capitalism"), so this should be interesting, especially because there's no clear choice. I mean, with Boston, you have Orr; with Edmonton, you have Gretzky; with Pittsburgh, you have Lemieux, etc. Apparently they're considering honouring several people, in which case I'd choose Smythe/Conacher/Armstrong (sorry Bower/Sittler/Salming, but I'm a firm believer of the phrase "don't build statues of living men").

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

oh and the good guys won their 6th straight game, which is tied for a franchise record. And they're in a playoff position with one of the wildcards. This is so much fun.

It could have been much simpler if the playoff format was straight-divisional, #1 vs. #4, #2 vs. #3. Then again, this whole "mixed-divisional wildcard" format makes the NHL the most confusing, moronic and befuddled interesting league in sports.

Ryan Getzlaf's career high for goals in a season is 25.

Ryan Getzlaf scored his 25th goal of the season tonight.

One would assume he would shatter that previous high.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

nvm

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

oh and the good guys won their 6th straight game, which is tied for a franchise record. And they're in a playoff position with one of the wildcards. This is so much fun.

So they can play the Penguins in the first round, get swept again, and have game 4 in their building be 90% Penguins fans XD

1zgyd8w.jpg

I just saw the highlights of the Kings-Wings game. The puck hit the netting VERY high up. I thought it was gonna be close near the top of the glass, but man that was very obvious that it hit the net. Also Quick and Howard are douches.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So they can play the Penguins in the first round, get swept again, and have game 4 in their building be 90% Penguins fans XD

I wonder why everyone thinks Penguins fans are the biggest douches in the NHL......

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived