2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, they came out angry. They should have come out scoring. Mike Smith is happy to let you score on him this year. Could this be the end of Zombie Shakespeare Vancouver's contention window?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

10-minute long-change 4-on-4 will deliver us from evil.

Why isn't overtime long change right now? It's such an easy fix and it would have a big impact on overtime and they could implement it for tonight's games if they wanted to. Forget competition committee or testing in the AHL or waiting until next season or any of that nonsense. Just do it now. Who cares?

It's like tagup offsides. That was so obviously needed, but we had to have years of NHL media types calling for it and a lockout to get that instituted.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's something fun

That video brings up a question I've long had, why don't goalies have to serve their own penalties? Every team has a backup goalie now. This isn't 1935. If the starter gets a penalty throw the backup in net for two minutes. Why not?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here's something fun

That video brings up a question I've long had, why don't goalies have to serve their own penalties? Every team has a backup goalie now. This isn't 1935. If the starter gets a penalty throw the backup in net for two minutes. Why not?

And then when the penalty's over have them awkwardly exchange places?

I imagine most coaches would just wait until the next stoppage to change, but in theory, yes. Think about the hilarity of one goalie racing to the bench while the other hurriedly skates from penalty box to goal in his full equipment.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Am I the only one who noticed that the Sabres player at :55 (pardon me for not being able to tell who it is at first glance) has pants that are a different color from the jersey and socks? I thought the Buffaslug uniforms were all the same color?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Why isn't overtime long change right now? It's such an easy fix and it would have a big impact on overtime and they could implement it for tonight's games if they wanted to. Forget competition committee or testing in the AHL or waiting until next season or any of that nonsense. Just do it now. Who cares?

The argument is probably that teams would see that as ceding their home-ice advantage. I would argue that you should have done more with your home-ice advantage in the first 60 minutes, and now because of your league's pervasive go-for-the-bronze mentality, every game after the All-Star/Olympic break is a 3-2 shootout decision and that sucks.

Solution:

- Drop carnival game shootout

- Drop overtime

- Allow ties

Done.

(I mean... really? It's a serious problem that teams don't change ends in overtime? Y'all just look for "problems".)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Solution:

- Drop carnival game shootout

- Drop overtime

- Allow ties

Done.

(I mean... really? It's a serious problem that teams don't change ends in overtime? Y'all just look for "problems".)

My "problem" is that too many games end in the carnival game shootout. So I was trying to find a solution that would create more goals in overtime and therefore would mean fewer shootouts.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, they're fine in moderation as an ultimate decider of a hard-fought game. But with the risk-averse culture in the NHL, too many teams drag ass through the overtime and take their chance on what's basically, with NHL talent and just three rounds, a coin flip. The league needs to further deincentivize (and I'm sorry for using such a hideous word, there are few more hideous) prolonging the game into the shootout. Maybe that means no more loser point. Alas, "hyaw, we gawta play good mistake-free hawkey." No! Make a mistake! It's fun!

Archived