2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Blackhawks are going to reach Panther levels in terms of overtime loses.

It's weird watching these guys right now. They have some good shifts from time to time and the occasional great play but they clearly don't have a lot of motivation. Their penalty kill is terrible, their power play has faded once again into nothingness.

I'm trying not to overthink any of it because of the olympic break, but I'm curious if they're going to be patient or pull the trigger near the deadline, which isn't Bowman's MO.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Dubnyk for Hendricks is the trade. Sounds win-win. Scrivens for a third, probably win-win.

Rumors of Bickell and Teravainen to the Jets for Andrew Ladd whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I don't know if I make that move.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bd-DtjJIUAAqCP4.jpg

NHL@NHL

1h

#StadiumSeries LA at Dodger Stadium will have beach volleyball, palm trees and so much more.

And with that, the whoreization of the NHL's outdoor game is complete. At first, it was because of price-gouging (in a stadium with 2.5x seating capacity of either Staples Center or the Honda Center, I've seen tickets for this game as cheap as $300-400 on the secondary markets, excluding all their fees), but after understanding how a concert stage and beach volleyball play area were added near the pavilions, I've given up going to this game.

Maybe it is better to stay at home, watch the game from your TV, and save yourself all the trouble.

Bd-DtjJIUAAqCP4.jpg

NHL@NHL

1h

#StadiumSeries LA at Dodger Stadium will have beach volleyball, palm trees and so much more.

And with that, the whoreization of the NHL's outdoor game is complete. At first, it was because of price-gouging (in a stadium with 2.5x seating capacity of either Staples Center or the Honda Center, I've seen tickets for this game as cheap as $300-400 on the secondary markets, excluding all their fees), but after understanding how a concert stage and beach volleyball play area were added near the pavilions, I've given up going to this game.

Maybe it is better to stay at home, watch the game from your TV, and save yourself all the trouble.

Could be worse. Imagine what will happen on the sides if the Coyotes get their proposal for an outdoor game. I'm imagining they'll build a little housing complex where people will stay inside and a basketball court closer to the stands so people can be there instead of watching the Coyotes play.

Rumors of Bickell and Teravainen to the Jets for Andrew Ladd whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. I don't know if I make that move.

Source: Area Idiot.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wait, what? Trading Teravainen seems so wrong. Ladd being back would be awesome, but I don't think it's worth sending yet another good forward and the guy who saved your asses in the 2013 playoffs to the Jets for him. At least in the long term. Then again this probably isn't real.

Edit 4: Enough. This crap is unfounded.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You're really gonna have to be more specific.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived