2013-14 NHL Season: "We Are North American Scum"

Funky Bunky

1. They can't forecast the weather a week out, let alone two.

2. It's a night game, so the daytime high is somewhat irrelevant.

3. They already played an outdoor game in Las Vegas 20 years ago.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, as I saw the temps were getting into the 80s over the next week I was slightly concerned, then realized that the game is two weeks away. (Although, the ice truck just got to LA yesterday, and I assume they'll be putting the rink down this week. So who knows what's gonna happen there. Put a canopy over the rink while they try to freeze it?)

There's plenty of time for the weather to come back down. And like crlachepinochet said, it's a night game. The rink is going to have an insulating tarp over it for the majority of the day. I assume they'll keep it on until just before warm-ups. So around 6, and the sun will already be down. Assuming there's no issues with actually putting the rink in, they'll be fine for game time.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

An outdoor game under the lights is going to look pretty cool.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The Oilers are in the process of slowly falling apart, and I don't like it. The fact that we're essentially tied with the godDAMN SABRES is terrifiying.

How can they be falling apart when they were never actually put together? The Oilers are merely "still terrible".

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ducks have won 17 of their last 18, Jonas Hiller has won his 14 last games (2nd longest streak all time), and the Ducks improve their home record to 19-0-2.

Last team to have that such streak and eventually win the Stanley Cup were the 1982-83 Islanders. So let's not get cocky here...

The Devils have become a dumpster fire of epic perportions in the shootout.

So far this season the Devils are 0-7 in games that are decided by the shootout, but the worse part and the mind boggling part they have only had one successful shot in those seven games.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Paul Maurice lives in my hometown of Dublin, Ohio despite having no connection to the Blue Jackets organization or central Ohio. I always thought that was weird. Nobody just moves there for no reason.

Anyways, sorry Claude for getting you fired again. Claude Noel was one of four candidates for the Blue Jackets job in 2010. Howson's other three were Scott Arniel, Guy Boucher, and Kevin Dineen. He would've been a better hire than Scott Arniel so he proved at least that much.

Anyways again, I know they're currently 7th in the metro, but they have the third best goal differential in the division and the 6th best in the eastern conference. Carolina who is ahead of them in the standings (with two fewer wins, mind you) is -17. The Blue Jackets are -3. Goal differential is usually a signifier of long term success. Don't be surprised if the Blue Jackets make a run now that most everybody is healthy (Gaborik is still out, but he's never felt like a part of this team).

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ottawa re-signths Bryan Murray for two more theathonths

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ducks have won 17 of their last 18, Jonas Hiller has won his 14 last games (2nd longest streak all time), and the Ducks improve their home record to 19-0-2.

Last team to have that such streak and eventually win the Stanley Cup were the 1982-83 Islanders. So let's not get cocky here...

Who's getting cocky? Did I say anything about being a lock for the Cup? I can't post about a team going on an insane run, just because they're my favorite team?

I remember you and your fellow Kings fans were getting real excited when the Kings had won 9 out of 10. Just because your "DYNASTY IN THE MAKING!!!" couldn't keep up, doesn't mean you have the right to tell me to not be proud of my team.

So all of this is going to be happening:

la-sp-dodgers-stadium-outdoor-hockey-gam

Instead of snowpiles and ice rinks, the Dodger Stadium game will have a beach volleyball court in left field, a roller hockey rink at home plate, the performance stage in right field, and an avenue of palm trees in dead center.

Who's getting cocky? Did I say anything about being a lock for the Cup?

Well a streak like this is pretty awesome, but we're still a long way from figuring out whether the 17-of-18 run will setup the Ducks nicely for a deep run, or they'll just be gassed-out at the end. Let's all savor this impressive performance by Anaheim's "Jonas Bros," and we'll move on from there.

P.S.: Some Kings fans were going gaga over December because the team still won despite Quick's groin tug, pull and reaching climax injury. Now the offense can't aim towards the net for beans.

Breaking News: Zach is a huge Ducks fan. Who knew?

...Yes? :lol:

I'm not getting into the dbadefense pissing match, because 1) what's the point? 2) I'm just generally ignoring his posts now because 3) it's stupid.

And I'm not pithy enough for admiral's liking? Apparently?

Hell, the two things I've said were just general things about the Dodger Stadium game.

Archived