2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

If you don't honor a veteran every day then you clearly support al Qaida and hate America, you ungrateful :censored:s. The Phillies should have the starting pitcher blow a soldier on the mound before every game, lest they be branded traitors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't honor a veteran every day then you clearly support al Qaida and hate America, you ungrateful :censored:s. The Phillies should have the starting pitcher blow a soldier on the mound before every game, lest they be branded traitors.

We're getting off-topic here, but I'd much rather have teams not honor a veteran than interrupting the flow of the game to do so.

Ah, yes, The Blown Ranger.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ah, yes, The Blown Ranger.

then they would need to be with the 75th ranger regiment

Actually, unless it's Cole Hamels' turn in the rotation, that might be a violation of don't ask don't tell, if that's still a thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cool. Then let's get Cliff Lee on his knees to start honoring our great nation.

We're getting off-topic here, but I'd much rather have teams not honor a veteran than interrupting the flow of the game to do so.

Taking 10 minutes out of a game to honor a veteran is fine with me. The game is secondary in the grand scheme of things. Complaining that it interrupts the flow of a game is pretty naive.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Taking 10 minutes out of a game to honor a veteran is fine with me. The game is secondary in the grand scheme of things.

No, it's not. If you're going to a baseball game, then the game is the first thing. If hoy were going to a military banquet, then baseball would be secondary. It's garbage that everyone has to one up each other with the patriotism. I haven't problem with supporting the troops or honoring those that are deserving, but I fail to see how a commercial event is the venue to do it. Or at least I fail to see why it's de facto mandatory to do so.

Taking 10 minutes out of a game to honor a veteran is fine with me. The game is secondary in the grand scheme of things.

No, it's not. If you're going to a baseball game, then the game is the first thing. If hoy were going to a military banquet, then baseball would be secondary. It's garbage that everyone has to one up each other with the patriotism. I haven't problem with supporting the troops or honoring those that are deserving, but I fail to see how a commercial event is the venue to do it. Or at least I fail to see why it's de facto mandatory to do so.

Baseball games don't really matter. Think about it on a macro level.

And I'm a huge sports fan. But there are bigger things than sports.

Giving a member of the military a moment in the sun, in front of 40,000? I'm okay with that. If you're upset that 10 minutes out of a whole game, or even a whole day, was used in this fashion, then you might want to find a hobby.

Then why would you go to a baseball game to begin with? Or do anything at all? There are things more important than my breakfast, but I didn't recite the pledge of allegiance before I ate my delicious bacon. Your post really doesn't make any sense.

Then why would you go to a baseball game to begin with? Or do anything at all? There are things more important than my breakfast, but I didn't recite the pledge of allegiance before I ate my delicious bacon. Your post really doesn't make any sense.

Neither does yours, really.

If you take sports so seriously that you get pissed off at honoring other people, then you should really seek help.

I've explained why I feel yours doesn't. Please indulge me and point out the flaw in my reasoning.

It's BBTV. Cynicism is kind of his forte. No point in even going back and forth with him.

Just because you're not intelligent enough to rationally debate an issue doesn't mean that everyone isn't. I've made a point and explained why I feel that way. An intelligent person will point out why my reasoning is flawed, or submit to my stance.

An unintelligent person will resort to dismissing my argument as cynicism. Frankly, I'm not sure why you felt it was your place to enter a discussion that didn't involve you.

BBTV, do you get pissed off at people who are drinking beer and talking during a game? I mean, they're probably really not there for the baseball...

The flaw in your reasoning is that you think a few minutes of a multi-hour game should not be wasted to honor a member of the military. This is baseball we are talking about...where there is no clock. Who the :censored: cares? Honestly. A May 5th matinee will be forgotten by most by June. A service member will always remember standing on a field, being applauded by thousands.

There's no way you've stewed after a game and thought, "Damn, if we could have just ignored that guy in the military, we would have won, and the experience would have been a billion times better".

In the end, it's not about you. Get over it.

BBTV, do you get pissed off at people who are drinking beer and talking during a game? I mean, they're probably really not there for the baseball...

The flaw in your reasoning is that you think a few minutes of a multi-hour game should not be wasted to honor a member of the military. This is baseball we are talking about...where there is no clock. Who the :censored: cares? Honestly. A May 5th matinee will be forgotten by most by June. A service member will always remember standing on a field, being applauded by thousands.

There's no way you've stewed after a game and thought, "Damn, if we could have just ignored that guy in the military, we would have won, and the experience would have been a billion times better".

I've stated that I don't mind an honor to someone who's deserving. As long as it's not taking away from the reason why I'm there, then fine. But it shouldn't be mandatory. It's not a government function. Nor should anyone be made to feel bad because they didn't honor someone while other teams did. You stated that baseball was secondary. Well, it's not secondary if that's the whole basis for the event that I'm attending. Then it's first, and anything that disrupts that is unwarranted. Does showing someone on camera and them getting ovation disrupt anything? Of course not. But this whole mentality that if you don't salute the troops then you're against them has really gone too far.

I'm not sitting here stewing, because at the end of the day, I couldn't care less if you disagree with me, and hell - I may learn something from the discussion if my points are countered and the counterargument makes sense. That's kind of the whole point of discussing something. However I disagree in every way possible with the statement that baseball is secondary at a baseball game. I don't go to baseball games to have a flag shoved down my throat, or see people running around in camo, or to chant USA and get all fired up to go in to the parking lot and punch anyone who doesn't look like a natural citizen. This stuff is nothing more than pandering, and just like I shouldn't be "forced" to wear a flag on my lapel, teams shouldn't feel "forced" or "guilted" in to staging ceremonies for soldiers every single game.

You're right - it's not about me. I fail to see how any of this has been about me. If we've reached the part of the discussion where that's all that's left, then I suggest we move on.

It's BBTV. Cynicism is kind of his forte. No point in even going back and forth with him.

Just because you're not intelligent enough to rationally debate an issue doesn't mean that everyone isn't. I've made a point and explained why I feel that way. An intelligent person will point out why my reasoning is flawed, or submit to my stance.

An unintelligent person will resort to dismissing my argument as cynicism. Frankly, I'm not sure why you felt it was your place to enter a discussion that didn't involve you.

Seriously? That's all you do. The whole FAQ thread scenario where you and Mockba claimed I couldn't handle disagreement didn't even involve you. I answered a question from someone else and then you had to inject yourself into it because of your holier-than-thou, always got to be right attitude. You have to impose your personal beliefs on others and if they disagree, then they're wrong and unintelligent.

because at the end of the day, I couldn't care less if you disagree with me,

Let's move on, then. We'll agree to disagree.

Though "I fail to see how any of this has been about me" can be answered with these comments: "As long as it's not taking away from the reason why I'm there"; "Well, it's not secondary if that's the whole basis for the event that I'm attending"; " I don't go to baseball games to have a flag shoved down my throat".

And maybe teams aren't "guilted" into staging ceremonies?? Maybe they enjoy doing it?

You might as well embrace the fact that you are indeed cynical. No reason to argue that.

Archived