2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like it if the Reds revived something like their 1970 set (immediately preceding the pullover set from '72-'92). Simple, clean, and classic.

sparky_anderson_reds_1970_20101104150058sparky-anderson-johnny-bench-1970-world-

This.

Now that's perfect. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I fail to see how the addition of black in any way helps this design.

1. Red is the name of the team

2. Red is a strong color

3. Red doesn't need anything else to be successful.

Red is also the global color of COMMUNISM. Anyone that supports a team named the REDS is a MARXIST. Supporting a team that uses Red as their only team color is UN-AMERICAN. They must have either black or navy to make their color scheme acceptable. They should also seriously consider changing their name out of RESPECT for AMERICA and DEMOCRACY.

I would like it if the Reds revived something like their 1970 set (immediately preceding the pullover set from '72-'92). Simple, clean, and classic.

Now that's perfect. Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I fail to see how the addition of black in any way helps this design.

2. Red is a strong color

Red is also the global color of COMMUNISM. Anyone that supports a team named the REDS is a MARXIST. Supporting a team that uses Red as their only team color is UN-AMERICAN. They must have either black or navy to make their color scheme acceptable. They should also seriously consider changing their name out of RESPECT for AMERICA and DEMOCRACY.

Funny thing is that actually happened to the Reds ...

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

sparky_anderson_reds_1970_20101104150058sparky-anderson-johnny-bench-1970-world-

This.

2. Red is a strong color

I assume (hope) you're been facetious. However, the Reds did change their name to Redlegs during the 1950s for that very reason. The era also gave rise to the use of the Mr. Redlegs mascot that is now used on their BP hats and home jersey sleeves.

nl_1956_cincinnati_display_image.gif?131

I'm a dirty horrible Cardinals fan but I agree, this is the best look for the reds I've seen. Red and White alone can be so beautiful, why muck it up with black? Red and Black are a cool color scheme, but not for the Reds.

The Reds should bring these back...

7Ie6NWf.png

....but with this cap...

6j7IDJ9.png

...then take the black trim out of these and make it the alternate.

qd9HINM.png

They experimented with it for a throwback game in '92. It was a little "meh."

IMG_0017.jpg

I remember watching that game on TV, and thought they looked great. I wholeheartedly agree, though, that the completely red cap is the only way to go. IMO, the MLB cap is the absolute best place for a team to showcase its color(s), and not a place to dilute the colors like the Reds and briefly the Pirates and Royals did the past couple of decades.

I'm just glad my Reds are getting this much discussion on this thread right now. As much as they sell themselves on their history and longevity, the Reds have muddled their look with their reliance on black the past decade and a half, and with pinstripes for six years prior to that. When they introduced their new uniforms seven years ago, they could have set things right again, but retained the black and went too faux vintage with the Redlegs font that got old pretty quickly.

Now that they've been winning fairly consistently the past few years, at least much more than they had been for a while, I wish they'd go back to closer to their winning look of the 70s. Folks who think of the best Reds teams most naturally think of the simple red and white of Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Davey Concepcion, George Foster, Ken Griffey, Cesar Geronimo and Sparky Anderson.

The cool thing about those Reds uniforms from the Frank Robinson era is that the names on the back are below the number on the back. I wish they would go with those full time either with a red hat or white/grey combo.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

I've thought the Nats should experiment with a white crown, navy or red brim hat for a few years. Other teams I think could pull it off are the Dodgers, Reds, A's, Padres, and if they made a pinstriped crown, the Yankees.

After seeing their bp hat i'd have to agree...at least as an alternate. Wonder how it would look with their weekend red jerseys. i love the orioles white panel caps with their orange jerseys the most. i'm wondering what teams some of you wouldn't mind seeing with a different color panel hat. maybe the padres with a brown cap and a yellow front panel?

I've thought the Nats should experiment with a white crown, navy or red brim hat for a few years. Other teams I think could pull it off are the Dodgers, Reds, A's, Padres, and if they made a pinstriped crown, the Yankees.

After seeing their bp hat i'd have to agree...at least as an alternate. Wonder how it would look with their weekend red jerseys. i love the orioles white panel caps with their orange jerseys the most. i'm wondering what teams some of you wouldn't mind seeing with a different color panel hat. maybe the padres with a brown cap and a yellow front panel?

I would like the Yankees stupid home BP hat 1000x better if it were pinstriped. The road one is fine (although I think it would be much better if the NY were gray as well) but the home one doesn't need to exist.

Anubis.png

Any of the proposals for the Reds that have been posted are better than their current set. There's just something about the current set that I can't stand.

I'm probably attached to the black for nostalgic reasons... Either way, I liked it. And I miss it. haha

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

If you don't honor a veteran every day then you clearly support al Qaida and hate America, you ungrateful :censored:s. The Phillies should have the starting pitcher blow a soldier on the mound before every game, lest they be branded traitors.

We're getting off-topic here, but I'd much rather have teams not honor a veteran than interrupting the flow of the game to do so.

Taking 10 minutes out of a game to honor a veteran is fine with me. The game is secondary in the grand scheme of things.
No, it's not. If you're going to a baseball game, then the game is the first thing. If hoy were going to a military banquet, then baseball would be secondary. It's garbage that everyone has to one up each other with the patriotism. I haven't problem with supporting the troops or honoring those that are deserving, but I fail to see how a commercial event is the venue to do it. Or at least I fail to see why it's de facto mandatory to do so.

You must be one grumpy ass of a man if you can't even take a few minutes to make someones day, veteran or no veteran. Think about it from their prospective, let it be a veteran or a kid or a wedding proposal or something. If they are honored at a Major League sporting event, that is a moment they will never forget. You should be proud of humanity that we are honoring people for a few minutes each game. Sports is my biggest interest in life by far, I relate everything to them and talk about them nonstop. Everything in my home is sports decorated basically. But in the grand scheme of things sports is just that, sport. But if you can make someones day for 1 minute, that's more important in the long run.

Figures you're from Philly

Wow, another lazy jab at Philly. Not surprising considering 'ESPN' is part of your username. Any Santa or battery jokes in there?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

2. Red is a strong color

Sounds like red was listening to some self-help tapes. ^_^

Yep Red was listening to Ricky Henderson self-help tapes, because Ricky says that Ricky's self-help tapes are the Greatest in the World and Ricky listens to them everyday and Red agreed.

reds should swich to teal

Actually, they should just change their name to the "Teals". When you think about it, sports has nicknames like "Blues", "Grays", "Reds", "All Blacks", etc. I have no problem with teal as a color, but man does the actual word "teal" just sound weak compared to the more traditional colors.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived